It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes a Real Man?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
What makes a real man!

For me, a real man is long flowing locks, a long beard, possibly wearing an apron
No moisturiser, none of that deoderant nancy boy stuff, just real men dressing how real men dress..

He gets a job as a blacksmith, or weapon maker, none of that office paper work stuff.

A real man isnt afraid to tell us women that our place is in the kitchen or doing the cleaning.

This for me is the ideal man

Humanity didnt survive for so long, by embracing ipods, and moisturising creams, and tampons.. and im sorry but thats just how it is

edit on 27-12-2011 by admiralmary because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by admiralmary

I need a woman like you to tell to go make me a sandwich =D
edit on 27-12-2011 by Unvarnished because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What makes a real man? A man who has a beard and wears pink

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Haha! Love it and I would have to agree!
My husband is what I refer to as the "cave man" type. Gets dirty, looks like a wooly bear, and does everything man style.

I love a real man! My husband will also make a great classic Santa here in about 20 years,

edit on 27-12-2011 by lilowl53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by admiralmary
For me, a real man is long flowing locks, a long beard, possibly wearing an apron
img]http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsB/2083-16143.jpg[/img]

First of all how did you get my picture?! Second of all, I am a real man.. I work.. and I dont speak much, I have a big appetite, and a big heart.. is that a real man!?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

at the risk of T&C violation , penis + testicles = real man - accept no subsitute

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Uh.. Being born with male reproduction organs. And I suppose to be of age to properly use such organs. Thats it. Anything else would be preference and or opinion. But all men who have the tools, and reached the age of useage, are all REAL men.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

edit on 27-12-2011 by redstorm because: Why bestiality of course

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Being 37 I have not fallen for all the creams and stuff for men (Just an invention by the cosmetic companys to double sales), also wearing pink...I just can't do it..it's a girls colour

But apart from that a man will take care of his family...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Your ideal man is......Hagrid from Hogwarts?? Well, what do you know. What they say is true...There really IS someone out there for everyone!

Sorry.. I couldn't resist. At the risk of admitting I'm not winning any triathlon or Ironman competitions in my future, I might suggest character and the inherent good or bad that makes a man who he is in day to day life is what matters most. A guy could be the twin to Fabio, but wet his pants and run like a schoolgirl at the first sign of trouble....while the quiet unassuming guy could be the one to give everything supporting the family.

Just my penny and a half worth of thought.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Depends on a woman or mans viewpoint.

Anything else is a stereotype.

The sad thing is that most people think of a form of stereotype when they look for one, then the relationship does not work out and they wonder why.
edit on 27-12-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

A true man can best be described as rugged and that does not have any fears. A man has a good deal amount of knowledge about tools, cars, the outodoors, knows how to act around women by being a gentlemen, but is not always serious and can have fun with them. Men financially provide for others and themselves and are overall responsible. Men are clean, well groomed, and can have a very short beard to portray that image of ruggedness. True men do not think about themselves. They do not always think about sex. They stand up for what they believe, take responsibility for their actions, help others, they are self confident, physically stong and in shape, have a sense of humor, generous, honest, and are considerate. They provide a sense of security. Men are brave and do not need to show off for their friends nor do their sway their opinions because of their friends. Now even if you are biologically a man, this does not mean you fit my definition of all the components of what a real man is.

oh
and we own a yacht ...

www.urbandictionary.com...
edit on 12/27/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
To quote shin chan "to be a man you must have honor, honor and a penis"

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

A true man can best be described as rugged and that does not have any fears. A man has a good deal amount of knowledge about tools, cars, the outodoors, knows how to act around women by being a gentlemen, but is not always serious and can have fun with them. Men financially provide for others and themselves and are overall responsible. Men are clean, well groomed, and can have a very short beard to portray that image of ruggedness. True men do not think about themselves. They do not always think about sex. They stand up for what they believe, take responsibility for their actions, help others, they are self confident, physically stong and in shape, have a sense of humor, generous, honest, and are considerate. They provide a sense of security. Men are brave and do not need to show off for their friends nor do their sway their opinions because of their friends. Now even if you are biologically a man, this does not mean you fit my definition of all the components of what a real man is.

oh
and we own a yacht ...

www.urbandictionary.com...
edit on 12/27/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

Being rugged and clean is not compatible. Try camping and hiking in Utah with no tent or toilet paper for 3 months. I guess clean is subjective though.

I also disagree with the physical strength, Ron Paul was never a physically strong man, but he is a real man if there ever was one.
edit on 12/27/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
To quote shin chan "to be a man you must have honor, honor and a penis"

Ack, that where I have been going wrong!

Bollcks!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
Uh.. Being born with male reproduction organs. And I suppose to be of age to properly use such organs. Thats it. Anything else would be preference and or opinion. But all men who have the tools, and reached the age of useage, are all REAL men.

oh hey there, pal. i think you and i are definitely well acquainted with each other.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I am no expert in sexy men (straight guy here) but my "hot guy matrix", which is defined by many years of noticing what women like as input, spits out the result that the cave dweller in the link you posted is kind of fugly.

What about 'ole Arnie:
Conan

^ Actually that fails the matrix in 2011, these aren't Fabio times we're livin' in...

Or do you truly fancy the old-school man:
Your Dream Boi
edit on 12/27/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I am outspoken and fair. Even tempered but, firm. I am not afraid to cry but, I do it quietly and alone. I love animals but, I am not afraid to put one down if need be. I have a good sense of humor, sometimes bawdy but, always appropriate to the occasion. Beer is my after work drink. I work hard as well as smart. I take care of my woman in all the ways she desires. I can shoot a gun very well. I can skin a buck...run a trout line.
I was born a city boy and raised in the country.

But, your OP seems to focus on the physical. So, here you go.

I am 6'1" 240lbs. Broad shouldered and hairy. Muscular with a small beer gut. I am strong. I shave my head but wear a goatee. I get the typical "biker" comments often. Combining all of the above is why I have been called a real man.

Any of this doing it for ya?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

We all have our own definition of what a "real" man is, and mine certainly differs from yours.

"He gets a job as a blacksmith, or weapon maker, none of that office paper work stuff."

Are you serious? I think you need to disconnect from whatever MMO you're playing, because you're obviously confusing fantasy from reality.

"A real man isnt afraid to tell us women that our place is in the kitchen or doing the cleaning."

Quite to the contrary, a real man has enough respect for women to ever make such a sexist statement.

Maybe you long to relive the days of grizzly Adams, but some of us are just looking for an honest and caring guy who loves, understands and appreciates everything around him.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I`m back for deserts!

Come on, to all the people being technical and phylasophical, lighten up

Now where were we, ah yeh

A real man lets a woman know her place is in the kitchen, he doesnt hide behind all that political correctness nonsense.
A real man doesnt sue companies, instead he burns their building down.
A real man spends his time roaming the countryside hunting for food. None of all that tescos nancy boy stuff!
A real man doesnt use all that soft toilet paper, he uses leaves and hay to do the business.

You see this is the problem with humanity - in this modern age of technology, humanity is falling away from its roots, theres very few real men out there these days.
edit on 28-12-2011 by admiralmary because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join