It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2012 ATS Challenge. End of the world, or not?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by caladonea

But will your dark comet hit by December of 2012?

March 22, 2012 near side alignment with heavy mass object following orbital trajectory with former "Elenin".

Magnet disturbances expected. Final trajectory known by NASA, but not released. Will pass between the earth and sun, but how close? ------------------------------

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

Do you think this could occur in the next year? I'd hope you are thinking hypothetically.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wonhunlo

For that, you MUST provide a link, otherwise, it's speculation, and I'll toss it to the side.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

It shouldn't be too hard with the assistance of some natural occurrence.. If a solar flare hits us, communications plus fractional banking money is already out of the window.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
There's been noone so far that can provide any evidence that the world will end on December 21, 2012.

Is a calamity due to our civilization? I'd tend to agree. To set a date for that event is irrational. The world may end well before then.

Still waiting for valid input that denotes the end at that date.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

For that, you MUST provide a link, otherwise, it's speculation, and I'll toss it to the side.

What would it hurt to mark your new calender for March 22, 2012? "Destiny comes to those who listen, fate to the rest".

----------------------

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

Just to add light to YOUR parade, we are at the solar maximum until 2013. A flare, a CME, could occur at ANY time. The sun doesn't care about our dealings on this rock.

I'll make the case for a cold, hard, solar system here.

Your scenario is valid.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

New calendar? I'm confused. Please explain more.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Don't bother, I and others have been asking him for a while now about his evidence. For the most part it seems to be based mainly off of "Nibiru Final Report" which was debunked months ago during all of the Elenin nonsense. Outside of that the only source he mentions is Terral Croft who appears to be nothing more than another con man. Its become apparent that he's never going to share any real information, so at this point I would just ignore him.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Gotcha, and thanks for the "heads up".

However, am I safe to assume you don't believe the 12/21/12 hype?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
End of the world? No way.
Wars? Financial collapse? Natural disasters? Maybe. Business as usual.
But we've been through so many of these, and still here we are.
So far I've seen no real clues for an end of the world scenario. Only out-of-proportions propaganda and fear mongering. Glad it's gonna be over soon; one more year and then, hopefully, some peace of mind....until the next wave of hysteria.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Can you please provide me with the prophecies or even the names of the civilizations that mention 2012? I have had to ask this question time and time again and rarely get an answer. If I do get an answer it is almost always a copy and pasted list from a forum of civilizations that don't actually have any 2012 prophecies. So far the only civilization I have found that mentions 2012 in any way is the Maya and they don't even place any kind of particular importance on it.

I'm going to disappoint this time, I'm afraid, and say I'll be back on this for a major thread in the near future. I have to write something in depth for my own web sites, another one I work at and I figure my first well researched one here on...you guessed it. 2012.

You can hold me to it and haunt me across threads the whole year if I flake on it. I'll have something worth waiting for on this and your specific question of past civilizations that reference what we may be alive to witness again. We live in very exciting times...and I definitely don't believe it's the 'end', as such. There are just too many moving parts that all relate to each other...to point at one like the Maya and their Calendar to say that is any deciding factor by itself.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

New calendar? I'm confused. Please explain more.

Just a standard calender like you get at the drug store or dollar store. Flip to March 22, 2012 and write, "possible proble m" in the box for that date. 2012 is a leap year also.-------------------

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I gave you a star, but could you PLEASE repeat that in english? You are really cute, but I didn't understand a word that you said.
J/K.

LOL... Sorry. Okay, to put it very directly. I have come to believe we'll have major upheaval down here from things happening in space and it may or may not even be 'something' we even see with our eyes. For what it's worth, I knew a lot about 2012 long before coming to ATS. Years ago. I didn't hear about Nibiru, Tyche, Nemesis or whatever theory one wants to hang a hat on...until coming here. It's interesting but not what I think of anyway.

I don't think the world ends. It just changes...and so do we. Haven't you been feeling a little.. 'off'? ..uneasy? There are a dozen words I can think to describe the physical feeling so many of us seem to have or others are just starting to.

Future times may be tough to get through..and almost certainly will be very dark at the lowest point...but I also believe it will lead to a future much brighter than we know, even now. There ya go, in the smallest nutshell I could pack very complex theories into.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

one more year and then, hopefully, some peace of mind....until the next wave of hysteria.

I will agree. However, some members may provide some meaningful information that will actually prove the end of the world on December 21, 2012.

Perhaps, we will come to the consensus of your opinion. I can only hope.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I don't think the world ends. It just changes...and so do we. Haven't you been feeling a little.. 'off'? ..uneasy?

That you have described in a nutshell. It's not a world catastrophe, but a change in the way us puny humans think about one another.

So far, most comments are pointing towards a spiritual change. Not the christian "rapture" (GASP), but a subtle change, easing in slowly, about the way we view one another.

No factual information so far about a natural calamity befalling the world we live on.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Yeah.. Those two things were just an example though.. I mean, if a solar flare wipes out the electric grid, there is no internet, no computers, no money (money is mostly digital now), no public transportation (trains mainly), and most importantly, no water (pumps stop working). What will people do in such a case..?

Also, the magnetic field is weakening and has been weakening for quite a while now.. So our defenses for a solar flare are dropping, plus, navigation with a compass might become highly unreliable. And who knows what else can happen with an unstable magnetic field.. Maybe even earthquakes and the like.. So.. I think we will be going through some harsh times, although I prefer to see it as cleansing... Everything is tainted now, and I doubt things are going to change while the rest are in place. So the fall of some things are definitely positive and will allow humanity to flourish. We'll probably learn to let go of unnecessary attachments. Hopefully sooner than later xD
edit on 27-12-2011 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
End of the world?

No.

End of the world as you knew it.

Yes.

Though that technically happens every moment, this one is on a different scale.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Economic catastrophes just a hair's width away on three or four continents.

WW3 possible with all this Israel/Iran crap.

I don't need some magic beans or prophecies to tell me that the world as most of us know it could end in 2012.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I did not fall for Y2K. Even the Mayans say that this age is followed by another and is not the end of the world. BUT that being said 2012 is supposed to be a peak year for sunspots; Iran may have the bomb sometime next year North Korea has a new (and young therefore needing to prove his manhood metaphorically) leader; tensions in the mideast are still present despite the pullout of combat troops from Iraq. Given the power of TPTB and the current environment that the world is in going into 2012 the expectations for 2012 could be the perfect backdrop for an international false flag (hmmmm, 2012 Olympics in London??).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join