It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2012 ATS Challenge. End of the world, or not?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
We are less than a year away from December 21st, 2012, and it is supposed to be the end of our world. How many ATS members believe that? Is it hype, or not? Are there any facts to believe?

Here's the Challenge:

Find as many links to 2012 websites that you can find, and link them here, and let ATS members discuss them. Post your thoughts.

Supposedly, 12/21/2012 is the end of the Mayan calendar. Can we once and for all get to the bottom of this?

Is it really doomsday?

Is the END really near?

I fell for the Y2K scare. Not anymore. Unless someone can provide SOLID evidence that 2012 is the end, I'd like to utilize this thread as a place to debunk all the 2012 myths.

I googled 2012, and there are literally thousands of 2012 related sites. What happens to them after December 21st of next year? Howard Camping? Set a new date? Seriously, let's get to the bottom of this.

As a side note, I would like to compile a list of 2012 websites, but I don't have the time to do it myself. Hopefully, by next December, ATS will have done that, and debunked all of them.

Premise set, thread launched. Have at it.....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Assuming the different cultures who called this period of time for major upheaval and change were onto something..... Well, we're talking thousands of years in predicting it or indicating the phase of changes...however one looks at it. The means it must be mathematically predictable as we see it now...backward to when they existed. It simply has to be, or the predictions cannot have merit. There is simplicity in numbers and something either fits or it doesn't. This one isn't Elenin with a couple years of even knowing it existed.

No one is claiming these cultures were wall to wall psychics, so it REALLY narrows down what it could possibly be. Given the time frames? Only one thing remains. Space. Nothing on Earth can be expected to stay static over thousands of years but space is a place we're finding has cycles and patterns than extend over 10's of thousands of years or more.

Regardless though... I suppose I'll stake my claim right here for the coming year. 2012 will be a time of enormous change. It'll be crushingly tragic for some and just liberating for others...but I think the whole planet will feel it by this time next year.

Whatever the galactic cycles may or may not bring us...I think we'll find it's a hard but very real TRANSITION....not an end to anything. It's the end of the beginning..and just MAYBE..we'll survive it WITH our memory and civilization intact this time.
edit on 27-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I was curious about a topic I heard someone mention recently....(dark comets)...so today I did some research on them. It is possible that perhaps a dark comet may collide with Earth....then again maybe not.

www.cosmosmagazine.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Not!

The closest we will get to a doomsday, end of the world (human world). will most likely come in the first month of 2018.... Assuming we survive 2012 of course.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

But will your dark comet hit by December of 2012?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

But will your dark comet hit by December of 2012?

I really don't know if a (dark comet) will definitely hit earth by December of 2012. I am just pointing out that it is possible that it may.

Someone also communicated to me that they thought an asteroid was going to collide with earth...and that we would have a warning of this ahead of time....people will have some time to prepare...and that because of this asteroid hitting earth....martial law will have to be enforced...thus the Fema camps.

edit on 27-12-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Well, yeah, there is one due then, and then in 2031, and 2111. I won't be around then. Err....

They may have stem cell research nailed down by then, and we'd get replacement organs grown in a lab. Heart attack? Transplant a new heart, from your own cells, zero chance of rejection.

But wait, you're right, let's get by 2012 first. There are no celestial bodies due to hit then. Right? Right?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Dark comet or not the world will be here for billions of years more. When the sun goes supernova then it will be the end for Mercury,Venus, Earth and Mars.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Possibility noted. Without a link, I can't include it in the 2012 doomsday list, and it becomes speculation. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I gave you a star, but could you PLEASE repeat that in english? You are really cute, but I didn't understand a word that you said.
J/K.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Wasn,t the original theory of 2012, end of the world scenario niburu/planet X, supposedly 8 times the size of Jupiter ,heading our way.? This "planet" was gonna be visible by 2009 in the southern hemisphere and appear as another sun like object. (with annunaki on board
) . Well , hate to burst the bubble but no sign of our passing 3600 year eliptical orbit friend/foe as yet.
edit on 27-12-2011 by scratcher because: full stop

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

The supernova of our sun is predicted to be 3.2 billion years in the future. That misses the 2012 date by quite a stretch. The sun exploding in 2012 is an original idea, but hardly plausible. We'll be gone by then. Sigh!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by scratcher

Yes, Planet Niribu/Planet X is another common 2012 scenario. That ties in with caladonea's dark comet. See, we are making progress. Care to research a bit more and post links?

edit on 12/27/11 by Druid42 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I know, just being a wise a$$ throwing that out there. I think the planet will be fine, for a while, after we're gone, or after we've extremely changed our ways.

I didn't even look to see any author/posters names, I almost didn't recognize you my friend. I don't know which avatar is more intimidating!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm gonna answer you very simply: no. 2012 will be a crazy and rough year for a lot of reasons, but the end? Nope.

Every generation thinks and needs themselves to be special. Every ten years or so people say the world's going to end and sh## will go down. It never happens. We may see some social upheaval. Maybe even a revolution. The world will go on.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UnivoxSuperfuzz

You bring up a very good point. Social upheaval would lead to economic collapse. Rioting, looting, then martial law. That's not a destruction of the earth event, but very plausible in the way the world ends as we know it. With no infrastructure, society ends, and we revert to tribal communities. Government gets erased because there are no taxpaying citizens to keep the government functioning.

The laws that the current administration COULD come up with are very scary.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I would say "The beginning is near".

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

Thanks for the compliment, I think.

But yeah, 2012 isn't necessarily about an asteroid hitting the earth, or the sun going supernova, or a dark comet hitting, or worldwide social upheaval. It COULD be any combinations of those. Let's get to those which are the most plausible.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I honestly do not think the entire world is going to end. The end of the Mayan Long Count was marked by a celebration, pretty much an ushering into a new era of consciousness. I really believe this end of the world rubbish is just a foil to make money from a lot of people. I know I will wake up in the morning on December 22nd to get up and go to work, with a coffee by my side waiting to start my holidays! =D I can assure you that everything will be alright and I hope that everything will work out for the best.

Wishing YOU a Happy New Years, make sure you make the best of the year 2012, I want it to be one of the best years of my life! =D

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I loved the 2012 movie by the way, it was amazing lol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join