It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists test sick Alaska seals for radiation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I was thinking exactly what zroth said............between the oil spills and gushers coupled now with Japan's disaster we humans through greed and allowing corporations to rule have really messed up our planet but good this time.

Poor seals.

Poor Japanese

Poor Mother Earth.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

I blame the tsunami, not Japan. There are plenty of nuclear power plants around the world. Not all the have the misfortune of falling prey to a natural disaster.

Yet........

Given enough earthquakes maybe a couple more nuclear plants will be breached.

Humanity is like a two year old with a lit blow torch.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I haven't found any updates yet and it's been several weeks since testing started. Are they silencing these scientists now or what?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroBuzz

Yeah, I've been looking for updates too.

Maybe I will email the university who is conducting the testing to see if they have any updates on this. They might actually answer...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Here is a copy of the email I just sent to Mr. Kelly, professor emeritus at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, and CC'ed to Julie Speegle, of NOAA's National Marine Fisheries Service:

Mr. Kelly,

I read, with great interest, the article published by Reuters back in late December of 2011 regarding the potential radiation contamination of ringed seals (and ealier reports of bearded seals and walruses) that had been found along Alaska's coast.

www.trust.org...

I note that the article indicates that the initial thought of the problem being a virus has been discounted and that radiation effects are being considered a possibility.

Previous reports include symptoms whch certainly seem to fit with what it known of radiation exposure in humans.

" Symptoms include sometimes-bleeding lesions on the hind flippers, irritated skin around the nose and eyes and patchy hair loss on the animals' fur coats."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

There are reports in other articles which mention abnormal growths in the animals, again, consistent with radiation exposure.

" The animals' hair falls out, they develop ulcers on their flippers and skin, and they have lesions in their lungs, livers, hearts and brains. The disease may have spread to other species including spotted seals, bearded seals and walruses."

www.newscientist.com...

I am well aware that there are a variety of causes which could be implicated in the animals' malaise, and I am certain that there are many more people interested in the outcome of the tests, thus the reason for this email.

Your thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

I will share any response I receive.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
I eat a lot of Alaskan seafood about once or twice a week. If those seals test possitive I will never eat it again. Becasue if the seals have it I'd bet my last dollar the seafood is contaminated.

If you can afford it, get your own tester. Then you'll know for sure. You might be SHOCKED to know the results.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Originally posted by wantsome
I eat a lot of Alaskan seafood about once or twice a week. If those seals test possitive I will never eat it again. Becasue if the seals have it I'd bet my last dollar the seafood is contaminated.

If you can afford it, get your own tester. Then you'll know for sure. You might be SHOCKED to know the results.

I won't eat any seafood anymore

Cesium was especially prevalent in certain of the species:
73 per cent of mackerel tested
91 per cent of the halibut
92 per cent of the sardines
93 per cent of the tuna and eel
94 per cent of the cod and anchovies
100 per cent of the carp, seaweed, shark and monkfish .

Some of the fish were caught in Japanese coastal waters. Other catches were made hundreds of kilometres away in the open ocean. Read more: www.montrealgazette.com...

I miss my crab

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Great e-mail Jaded, I hope you get a response... and a sensible clarifying one at that.

But I won't be holding my breath. If the results are what they don't want the world to know, then surely they'll be hoping for this to get swept under the rug like every other mass animal death/illness/beaching thus far.

(By "they", I mean TPTB... whomever they may be)

I too am jaded and cynical.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thanks,JC for going forth and writing the email.
Waiting to see if any,what the response is.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

I too am jaded and cynical.

I imagine that there are quite a few who are as well, especially among these forums.

I'm not holding my breath either, but you never know and I figured it was worth a shot. I've had a few successes lately in my neck of the woods (see the tree thred in my sig) with email, so I though casting a wider net might catch some interesting fish so to speak

edit on 26-1-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: typos, i need an editor...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Well what do you know?

I actually got a response, it doesn't really say anything, but at least my email was acknowledged.

Dear Mr. G,

Thank you for your message and concern. This is certainly a perplexing problem with many possibilities. We now have some of the tissue and will analyze it by gamma ray spectroscopy, but that will take several weeks to accomplish that task.  There are also several agencies with similar concern and we are all working informally to keep each other informed about our contributions to the various tests planned or performed. I appreciate your concern.

John Kelley

It sounds like they are just getting started on the tests that were mentioned as taking several weeks, several weeks ago.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

"interesting fish",,,u from the " House of Fishing " ,,that would be arouns 10 A.D,,, doing some the Great House's of Europe ,,kind of thing,,,

yes there is/was a House of,,

wait for it,, Fish/Fishing,,, so seeing u kind of used a similar "PHRASE",, ya i'm rambling,,

Just curious.

Me.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I can already see where this is going

Inconclusive

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Now, I generally understand everything I read right away or can usually puzzle out what is meant in any given post, but I must admit to being stumped here.

Did a bit of googling and could find plenty of references to "Bethsaida" but the geographical area doesn't seem to match, though the time period and phrasing is somewhat suggestive.

Since I am pretty much clueless, I am going to have to say that I have no (consciously aware) affiliation with what you may be referencing.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

"casting a wider net" with your avatar?,,thought thats what u were doing,,casting a net ,,that u were actually a fisherman who,,,fished Alaskan waters,,,and was part of the ones,,testing sick Alaska seals.

Me.

sorry for being so vaugue ,,,

Any results back yet, and when do we stop eating Sock-Eye,, i guess is what im trying too find out.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Ah, no, I am not a fisherman (at least not professionally) and the statue is actually the memorial to the 1900 Storm.

See the reply I posted which includes the contet of the email I got back from the professor mentions in my OP.

As to sockeye, if it's a Pacific fish, I wouldn't eat it for the next....oh several tens of thousands of years, but that's just me.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

ya thats what i thought,,,

if ur up that way,, up north,, try and find out how that orange goo went,,
got tested for strange molecular properties,,

kinda,, forgotten now though.

Me.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
So it takes atleast 5 weeks to determine whether the seals are suffering from radiation? Yea right!

What are we livin' in the dark ages or something?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
it's probably the chem. trials designed to poison us that are making them sick.

The Khazar/ illuminati psychos dont discriminate when killing / enslaving us. if they could make the animals of the world go to war and kill more of us so as to impoverish and control our populations they would. Why not poison the world at that point. Next a nuclear armed seal near you. Iran sent it. they swear.
the NWO wants to be your friend, I mean God. animals too.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanielET
So it takes atleast 5 weeks to determine whether the seals are suffering from radiation? Yea right!

What are we livin' in the dark ages or something?

So have they figured it out yet?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join