It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK officials discover $300K in fake currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
www.wfsb.com...

NEW YORK CITY (WFSB) - Officials at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City arrested a woman they said hid $300,000 in fake currency in her bag.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers at the airport said they stopped Karol Andrea Chilito Solarte after she arrived on a flight from Medellin, Colombia.

During a search of her bags, officers said they noticed an unusual thickness at the bottom of her suitcase. After investigating further, 46 packages of counterfeit United States $100 bills were discovered at the bottom of her bags.

The fake bills totaled just under $300,000.

"CBP Officers protect the homeland in many ways." Robert E. Perez said, Director of CBP's New York Field Operations. "Our officers are always on the lookout for items that can harm our communities; in this case it was counterfeit currency."

Officers arrested Chilito Solarte, 29, of Columbia, who was turned over to the United States Secret Service and will be prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney's office for the Eastern District of New York

I've seen this story today on several sites, but I believe the incident may have happened on December 20th, and is just now coming out in the media.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
About as fake as federal reserve currency.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
About as fake as federal reserve currency.

No kidding. The only difference between this guy and Ben Bernanke is this guy thought real small and he got caught.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This "guy" was a tewhty nine yer old chick.
The signifigance is not the mule, but the ackage....
Dont you realise if theres one mule, then theres probably hundreds of them.....
The Cartel is striking back at the US goverment right where they hurt...in the dollars value......
Ill bet these hundreds are as good as the mints own too......
But thats just a guess...
the country would be at a standstill if they had to change in all the 100$ bills for new ones wouldnt they?
I bet a lot of em would just get quietly burned.....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I was in dillards the last week and they caught the person in front of me paying with a fake 100 dollar bill.
Has been a real problem in this area. We are close to Mexico, maybe that is why.

new topics

top topics

join