It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shimon Peres urges Israelis to rally against extremism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Shimon Peres urges Israelis to rally against extremism

www.bbc.co.uk

Israel's president has urged Israelis to rally against ultra-Orthodox Jewish extremism in what he called a fight for the "soul of the nation".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Looks like the ultra-Orthodox Jews want to turn back the world clock and bring back segregating women in public places.
Good on the president for doing what everyone should be doing and fighting against extremist religious views.
But could this turn violent? Jew against Jew? I hope not, but this is the first time I have heard of Jews protesting against Jews.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Pretty ironic considering who's in Israel government... Netanyahu, Lieberman... both extremists.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Here I thought the extremism they were talking about had to do with their (gov) aggressive actions and "justified" violence....nope. That extremism is ok, but women with tight highs....oh bad! Typical of most western nations, tabooing male/female relations while being perfectly fine blowing up, bullying and stealing other nation';s wealth anf future hope.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I actually find this quite funny.

People support their oppressive and violent regime attacking their neighbors, but cry foul when there are extremists victimizing them! Hypocritical much?

I hope they spend a few years experiencing this turmoil in their own country, maybe then they'll stop abusing other people and stealing their land?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Good on him cause those images of ultra orthodox Jews attacking and harassing children on their way to school (some as young as 9) for not covering up was just sickening.

Know what's almost as bad? The oppression going on as seen in several of the posts above that condemn Israel without evidence or proof of any of what they're claiming. Shame on you.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

You are joking right? Evidence is all around you, but no amount of evidence will convince those that have already convinced themselves otherwise. Also the distinction needs to be made between the government of Israel and the fundamentalist loons that are in power, and it's citizens. Just like a distinction needs to be made with the US governement and it's citizens. The state and the people are not one and the same.

top topics

join