It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP steals Iowa Caucus!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

It scares me, the boldness of the PowersThatBe this early on in the coundown to 2012. They were counting on the old dinasaur media whores to do their magick like they were always relied on to achieve, but because of the internet, it has flopped miserably. We are dealing with pure criminals, and now they are desperate criminals.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
reply to post by Saucerwench

A Caucus is different than a Primary vote. It's sort of old-fashoned but cool if you ask me. The people all meet up at their location and some get to speak for two minutes about why they support their candidate. This goes on all day I believe. Then the candidates names are called, hands are raised and counted as votes.
It's the tabulation of all these votes that would be done at the said undisclosed location I believe.
edit on 12/27/2011 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

A quote from the following article seems to indicate the votes will be on electronic voting machines this year "In a completely unrelated and coincidental development that has nothing whatsoever to do with Ron Paul’s rise in the polls, the Iowa Republican Party has announced that it is “taking steps to secure its electronic vote collection system after receiving a mysterious threat to its computers.”

hillbuzz.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by qver74

This is just the way they tabulate the votes from the individual precincts and this says nothing about electronic voting machines for the people.

If you can find me something that says this...by all means.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
I'm listening to internet host Mike Rivero, and he -just- said that the GOP has announced it will move the Iowa Caucus vote tabulation to a secret undisclosed location. According to 'Politico'. I'll just post this, and look for links. Or if you beat me to the punch, then by all means.......
edit on 27-12-2011 by Saucerwench because: spellcorrection

Erm...that's not stealing the caucus.

It's a Republican caucus, and here's the rules. Notice that they're not hiding the places where people vote, only where the votes are counted, based on threats of demonstrations (and yes, I can see that it would be troublesome if I were trying to count votes and there's a noisy demonstration going on outside. What if my count shows that the demonstrators' favorite candidate did NOT win??)

Furthermore, it says that observers CAN show up and watch as long as they're not interfering.

Another interesting point:

Unlike the first-in-the-nation primary in New Hampshire, the Iowa caucus does not result directly in national delegates for each candidate. Instead, caucus-goers elect delegates to county conventions, who in turn elect delegates to district and state conventions where Iowa's national convention delegates are selected. Ironically, the state conventions do not take place until the end of the primary and caucus season: Iowa is in fact one of the very last states to choose its delegates

So the demonstrators may be watching the wrong hand, so to speak.

Republicans have the right to choose the candidate they want, even if it's not Ron Paul. Or even if it IS Ron Paul. And they have the right to move the counting locations to the far-flung Islets of Langerhans if they like.

I remember the last time people got this worked up over Ron Paul -- people showed up at caucuses expecting to vote like it was a real election (without reading or understanding the caucus process) and then got all worked up because the Republican Party wasn't going to allow special exemptions to its own voting procedures.

I think those voting for him need to understand the caucus process and worry about how things are done in THEIR state... not worry about my state or someone else's state.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

It is very important to know who is counting the votes to make sure, during the caucusing, that Ron Paul gets his fair representation of delegates.
After all, the electors determine the vote, Republican in this case, and it is based upon the winner of the popular vote of this ONE person...in most states.
So, no, the Republican party can go against the wishes of the Republican voter, but at their own peril.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
reply to post by qver74

This is just the way they tabulate the votes from the individual precincts and this says nothing about electronic voting machines for the people.

If you can find me something that says this...by all means.

I looked into the voting procedures and I believed you are right that the initial voting is usually done on paper by secret ballot. There are 1774 precincts in Iowa that will allow any registered republican to vote on January 3rd, 2012 with voting starting at 7 p.m. at the local libraries or schools. In case you're a registered Democrat, you will be allowed to register as a republican at the caucus if you bring a photo ID with current address and copy of utility bill. Each precinct will then send these votes to the GOP headquarters. It seems they may be planning to send these votes electronically to the GOP headquarters where they will be tallied by a computer with assistance of republican party members (not election officers). The potential opportunities for fraud include the lack of ID requirements for voters, the electronic vote gathering system and the GOP officials reading the results. See the following links for clarification:

caucuses.desmoinesregister.com...
www.bradblog.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Holy misleading thread titles Batman!

First of all, no one has stolen the Iowa caucus. It has not even happened yet. Secondly, all this says is that they will not do vote counting on site as they have in previous years and will instead count the votes elsewhere and not say where.

Now I do take issue with counting votes in secrecy. However, the reasons for doing this make even less sense. They claim security issues that may disrupt the process, but the only risk they give an example of is not a disruption to the process at all.

Activist groups including the Occupy movement have indicated that they'll attempt to interrupt rallies in the closing days before next Tuesday's caucuses.

So for starters, how does interrupting rallies days prior to voting disrupt the voting process?

The AP reported today that Occupy is making plans to even attend some caucuses and vote "no preference," but not disturb the voting process.

So Occupy has said they will waste paper but not disrupt the voting process and that means we have to be protected from people who might disrupt the voting process by counting votes in secrecy? How is this different than me saying, I don't have a fishing license so I am not going to go fishing. Then having State Officials send more WIldlife cops to all local rivers in case I decide to go fishing without a license? This is just silly.

but then my favorite part...

But Iowa Republicans are also bracing for other threats, sources say, including hacking.

So if I remember correctly the Iowa caucus is a paper ballots. Often people are in rooms with a representative and they cast their votes by a show of hands which is then recorded on paper by the Rep. So how do you hack a paper voting process? Is this mechanical and magic paper?

If Officials were so concerned about hacking they would not be using electronic voting machines that are owned by companies that Lobby or are involved in, owned or operated by people involved in Politics at any level.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

I think those voting for him need to understand the caucus process and worry about how things are done in THEIR state... not worry about my state or someone else's state.

I guess you didn't "get the memo" yet, about how significant Iowa is to Presidential campaigns and votes.....

Why is the Iowa caucus so important?

history.howstuffworks.com...

("The Iowa state GOP has a long history of -rigging- ...")

edit on 27-12-2011 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
So we can assume then that if Ron Paul wins by a any type of margin that the guy in the video posted is completely wrong and probably upset that his favorite candidate didn't win.

It would be alarming if Paul got a significantly lower share of % than the polls are suggesting because typically candidates do slightly better % wise than polls because undecided voters make their move. For example if a poll is showing Obama-Gingrich 48-44 with 8% undecided then you can expect that 8% will allocate itself between the two candidates in some kind of split. It never splits entirely one direction either so you can expect both candidates to rise from the positions they have. A major caveat is a sudden massive movement prior to the election but it is rare for candidates to significantly break out of their polling status by a lot. You may see 70% or more of undecided voters fill into one candidates column (which isn't atypical) so the 48-44 could end up 51-49 (just as an example).

If Paul doesn't get at least 25% of the vote there is major cause for concern because his base is extremely solid in Iowa at the moment. If he wins then there clearly wasn't a conspiracy against him.

Edit : The video in question is www.youtube.com...#!
edit on 28-12-2011 by nuclear12346 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Now honestly, did any one NOT see this coming?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
1 Day after they announced they would steal Iowa caucus.......Ron Paul suddenly drops at an incredible rate.

The latest poll out of Iowa on the GOP Presidential race shows Mitt Romney pulling out to a 7-point lead over Rick Santorum, 24%-17%, with Ron Paul falling to third place at 14%. Source

This poll is obvious false, but be warned they WILL try to steal the election, so make sure to document as much as possible on "electiondays" in january and forth.

Link to the original poll
edit on 30-12-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I dont think it will be possible to rig this vote.
Each location has a count of hands, and that count will be recorded on site.
Each candidate can see the votes from each location.

Its only that addition of all the results that is being done at a secret location

It will be obvious if "1 + 1 does not equal 2" in this case.

I am not from the US, but am praying for a Ron Paul win - sadly I dont think it will happen given the latest polls I am seeing.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
In 2004 the Iowa caucus votes were counted by a firm called Voxeo, which at the time was based in Florida. Voxeo was bought out by Elron electronics, which just happens to supply the Israeli defense department. Voxeo maintained a call center in the state of Georgia, who tallied the votes using Interactive Voice response. Any chance they may be thinking of doing this again. An Israeli defense contractor to count the votes. The proverbial fox watching the hen house.

www.rense.com...

edit on 3-1-2012 by sentinel007 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Last I heard, the votes will be counted in CHICAGO... the most corrupt city in America.

Yeah they totally won't steal the election...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Last I heard, the votes will be counted in CHICAGO... the most corrupt city in America.

Yeah they totally won't steal the election...

yah,

especially with Ram Emanuel, Mayor !

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is interesting, but doesnt it say that there will be representatives of each campaign on site to watch over the counting? Im not saying that in itself is going to be the fail-safe here, but there does still seem to be some type of hope of a fair counting. Still, I wouldnt be surprised if some of the votes of Paul, Bachman or even Santorum magically find their way over to Romney's side. We'll see tonight. I just hope if something fishy does happen its obvious enough for people to catch.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
www.infowars.com...

"The final Iowa vote count normally takes place at state party headquarters in Des Moines, but following dubious “security concerns” about Occupy protesters disrupting the tabulation process, the Republican Party of Iowa announced that it would be moving the final vote count to a secret undisclosed location."

That is BULL #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Total election FRAUD. Ron Paul is winning EVERY grass roots, non partisan poll. He's winning, and they're gonna steal it from him.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Obama's old stomping grounds, with his croney good ol boys there. New World Order fascist war hawk Democrats working hand in hand with New World Order fascist war hawk Republicans, to make sure the true American patriot, Ron Paul, wont usurp their diabolical eugenicist plans for humanity.

Be afraid, be very afraid. And get right with God, if the good guys don't win, this (final) round.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join