It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blooming kidney stones grrrr

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ok this is the second time I have had a kidney stone,I passed one last year.... a few weeks back I got the pain in the kidneys (Right side) and I passed out with the pain, it only lasted a day but I feared it was a kidney stone and from this morning I have felt like I have needed to pee but cant. (I do pee but only when bladders full)
I can feel the little bugger and it feels like it is in my willy lol.
So any tips on passing the thing?
Iam drinking lots of fluids etc but hate going to the doc's

edit on 27-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
man, i had one about 20 yrs ago, someone told me that the best way to pass it was to drink a lot of water and hold it until your about to explode! supposidly it makes your urethra swell and become larger so it will flow through. it must have worked, no problems. good luck!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
this may seem odd but try masterbating...the thicker fluid may give it a better nudge , make sure you make it an explosive one

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I passed a kidney stone about two weeks ago. Some times the pain can be excruciating. This one wasn't too bad, I could feel it at various stages of it's journey, it was uncomfortable. I had friend that had kidney stones so bad the doctors used ultra sound to dissolve them. I don't like doctors, so I tough it out.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Coo

Tried it twice..Today... next.....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
My father is always trying techniques based off Taoism. He claims this one worked for him and he's never had a problem since. He was always drinking sodas and developed a stone. So, he tried this technique. Basically, it states to drink a glass of olive oil and then lay on your (I think it is left - not sure about that) side for awhile. He said he did this and then went and sat on the toilet to use the bathroom and when he was done there were all these stones that looked like they had green moss on them in the toilet and he hasn't had a problem since. You could always search google for that. Something like: "taoist olive oil kidney stones" or whatever. Sounds terrible to drink though.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

wow thanks for that, just did a search and I found that olive oil and lemon juice in equal parts may break the bugger up.
Cheers for your help all stars for all

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I don't find myself in agreement with much you say but I have to tell you I have the utmost sympathy for you on this because I've been there several times. Women who have given birth compare the pain as the same and for me it's a 10 out of 10. It's a killer and I'm really sorry you had to experience it. I felt like death would be a better alternative to the pain. That's how bad it is for those of you who have never experienced it.

The best overall thing to do IMO is to avoid calcium (as in milk) because an analysis usually shows that's what they are made of. Doctor gave me a sieve (like a strainer) that he had me pee into to capture the darned thing. They analyzed it and said that's what it was, pure calcium. Quite literally, my first bout with this drove me off my daily tall glass of milk on to wine. Second, and probably more important is to avoid dehydration. I believe most of us don't drink enough water, so FORCE yourself to drink more, a LOT more when you're going through this, especially. Although I hate to say it because I really don't like it, cranberry juice can help because it can change the acidity for the better, same as in a urinary tract infection, which I've also had. Drink until you have to go every 30 minutes, then keep it up. You need to be sloshing in water until the urine is white, not yellow.

I just learned that Steve Jobs experienced kidney stones. he used to drive every day from Apple to Pixar, a long high-stress drive, when he developed them, so the issue may be partially exercise versus sitting in a static way for long stretches at a time.

Sorry, bud. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. Good luck. report back and tell us how you're doing. I'll subscribe to track your progress.
edit on 12/27/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Cheers

Yeah its milk, I drink loads of it

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by schuyler

Cheers

Yeah its milk, I drink loads of it

Unfortunately, now I'm a wino, but at least it's more fun....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I have passed several stones. The pain is comparable to 'back' labor. After experiencing both, I would take labor any day. It is very very painful.

If you are not able to pass urine, you need to go to the hospital. When the stone blocks the ureter, urine gets trapped behind it and the build up can cause kidney damage.

Keep pushing fluids. Hopefully it passes. If it doesn't, please don't be afraid to go to the ER.

I haven't had one in over a year, hoping that they stay away!

Good Luck!

edit on 27-12-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Thanks for your help guys, just had the biggest wee ever
and it still feels its lodged in my willy lol
Oh well pint of water before bed and I hope I will get the bugger out tmr morning.
Night all xx

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I've had many kidney stones, some that landed me in the hospital, one of em bought me a weeks stay. I multiple stones in each kidney, so when I do feel one start to pass, I drink beer. Yup, it works like a charm and it gives you a good reason to pound a few back! Google it and I'm sure you will find it's a common remedy.

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Hooray
cheers fella

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
As utterly uncool as it sounds, I'd muddle through it wearing an adult nappy while supping lemon barley water. Least you get to flush yourself out without the rushing to cry on the loo bit.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Lemon Barley good idea

Tenner pants for men? lol I got a pack somewhere (If I see a free pack I order it) I tested them out because I had a great idea of wearing them when on the razz so I would not have to goto the loo....pity they didnt hold more than a pint

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

For nights on the raz you need these sort.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Lol made me giggle that one cheers

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Never had one and I certainly hope I don't ever.
But wishing you quick healing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join