It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Life Just Gets Too Much

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Phew I went through some dark hours last night and I got myself into a pickle. I am grateful for your help to everybody on here, I think talking to you may have helped a great deal. I am already seeking help and I have regular psychologist visits, unfortunately for me Gamcare and the AA/NA cannot treat me during the time I am under treatment because you cannot have multiple types of thearapy at the same time. I did contact gamcare and they basically were about as useful as a chocolate fire guard. However I have woken up today to find a new posative, I looked at my daughter in the morning and she gave me a big smile and I thought, hey it doesn't matter what happens, I will always be able to see that smile so it is all worth it.

I have started with an action plan, I am handing over all my financial affairs to my wife so that I cannot spend it on gambling or drugs. The alcohol isn't so much of a problem because I do not ever feel like I need to drink and I would never drink on a work night. So today we start a fresh, I taken a christmas present back to the shops today and got a refund, thats £370 towards my insurance. Just need to find a way to raise about another £150 and all will be fine.

Again may I thank those that took it in their hearts to help me last night,

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Phew I went through some dark hours last night and I got myself into a pickle. I am grateful for your help to everybody on here, I think talking to you may have helped a great deal. I am already seeking help and I have regular psychologist visits, unfortunately for me Gamcare and the AA/NA cannot treat me during the time I am under treatment because you cannot have multiple types of thearapy at the same time. I did contact gamcare and they basically were about as useful as a chocolate fire guard. However I have woken up today to find a new posative, I looked at my daughter in the morning and she gave me a big smile and I thought, hey it doesn't matter what happens, I will always be able to see that smile so it is all worth it.

I have started with an action plan, I am handing over all my financial affairs to my wife so that I cannot spend it on gambling or drugs. The alcohol isn't so much of a problem because I do not ever feel like I need to drink and I would never drink on a work night. So today we start a fresh, I taken a christmas present back to the shops today and got a refund, thats £370 towards my insurance. Just need to find a way to raise about another £150 and all will be fine.

Again may I thank those that took it in their hearts to help me last night,

Wow, That made my morning.

I thought about you all night. I said a prayer for you...(hope you don't mind).

Someday, you will look back at last night. You will not believe how far you have come.

People do care....

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Brilliant
Well done.

I hope things continue to go well for you.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thanks and no I don't mind you making a prayer. As they say things can only get better from here so lets look to the future.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Michael1983,

I am new to this sight and after the thread dropped off of board I had no idea how to find it again. Like others I have not stopped thinking about you. So much so that I made up my mind to scour the site to find this...and I did and to my enjoyment it appears you have taken the right steps. NOTHING is more important than being there for your kids, and I loved what you said about seeing your little girl's smile. They need you...don't ever forget that. Keep walking down the new road you are on...we will be thinking about you!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join