It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Life Just Gets Too Much

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What do you say to somebody when they surrcumb to the thought that life has just gotten too much for them. Please can you let me know because I would appreciate listening to the answers to that. because right now I have lost all faith in humanity and civilisation in general. I really could do with hearing something that will make me believe that all this is actually worth fighting for.

Thanks.

Right now just hearing the sound of this angel at 3 mins 40 is scraping me through

www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-12-2011 by michael1983l because: added youtube

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Michael1983,

I hear you and trust me I fight the same feeling almost daily. Life and the world we live in has gotten so complex and the "not knowing" is crippling at times. I always believed that tomorrow will be an even better day and that it was a step towards a brighter life/future. I can't say that anymore, but I can say that there will be a "tomorrow" and anything is possible. I have not lost hope...I cling to it. You should too, life is worth living...we just have to work harder at the outcome my friend. Stay positive...believe.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Hey man, life has gotten too much, but in the end, we as human beings have to realize that we are have the capacity to do good and bad. I can see why you have lost faith in humanity, just by all of the horrible things that are happening in the world. The problem with humanity is that all of these big powers do not allow the public to be educated and keep most of us in the dark, which I feel is a crime against humanity itself. Nowadays, education is a privilege rather than a right, and we fail to realize that it is so important.

Another problem is that a lot of people simply do not care about what is going on in the world, they just go about their lives pretending that nothing is wrong, but in fact, there are so many problems going on without us even being aware. I implore you my friend that everything will be okay, the best thing we can do is help others as best as we can and also maybe even tell people to keep an open mind about our environment.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I never really even believed depression was real.

Until it happened to me.

Go see an expert at least once.

It really might help you.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

There is definitely a lot of things in this world to be saddened by.

Though to some extent this is what is meant to happen. A natural response.

My OWN opinion, that I've OBSERVED.

Humans cannot resolve circular argument in their mind.

So when you face such a monumental task of say, "fixing" the world the brain cannot easily resolve it.
The brain copes in many ways with this, but eventually if you consider the "problem" for to long you will begin to feel depressed and feel as if the weight of the world is now resting firmly on your shoulders.

For some, they continue to the point of requiring meds to be treated, but the reality is, if you resolve the issue, you fix the problem. You may not have a solution, but to resolve it in your mind, you have to activate your thinking into a manner say,
"I know the world is crap, I know it is to big a job for one person, but each and everyday I will look for the good and try to do something that improves the world around me."

This is different for everyone.
some people can handle immense amount of Unresolved Circular Arguments, and some people cannot handle the most common of them,
"why did he/she leave me?"

(Which is usually a circualr argument that we OMIT facts from our own concious and we "mourn" to some extent, but when we relise, there are other fish in the sea, or life goes on, I'm better off without them..... we move on.

With the larger problems of the world.

Usually we deny ourselves the recognition to say, hey... I can help fix it... but it is not only my problem... I will look for the good in the world, to help me improve what is crappy and I will find like minds that can help and encourage that.

We become like that, which we surround ourselves.

We spend to much time reading all the awful things. ATS and other like sites, are great to DENY IGNORANCE and be prepared for many many possible scenarios, but to much of it, hurts you.

Plus... people spend so much time on the internet, that they physically have no time to really contribute to any sort of successful change or anything "physical" for that matter is some instances.

How many times have you seen someone have a lounge-room revolution..... to wake in the morning to realise it's still the same crappy world out there and the rant on ATS or eqivelant, may have a few stars and flags, but really what has it achieved?. NO REALLY WHAT? Awareness? (No It just helps make us feel better)

Now.. I'm not saying we should move on and forget the badness... no we should make sure that we are capable to deal with it.... a depressed unhappy mind, cannot affect the world positively and is in away the most oppressive force us "westernised" humans have placed on us.... by our own doing.

This may not have helped in anyway at all... as most of these things are pretty thin....

There is GOOD, it's way way covered in crap, But it is there... slowly move past the crap, find the good, then concentrate of being a positive influence on the world around you.

Things will feel better.

Positive mind, Inspires Positive Change.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Hi Michael. Just hang in there! Everything's going to be okay. My grandmother used to say, "This too shall pass" when things got really rough. Years ago when I was going through my divorce and times were really bad, I wrote that on my bedroom mirror. Everytime I looked at that mirror, I saw that, and it helped remind me that the bad times weren't going to last forever. You are more loved than you could ever know! The sound of that angel that gives you comfort in that video, you have one of your own. If you listen very quietly with your soul, you may be able to hear her.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thank you Nawki for your wonderful reply. However it is difficult to see the posatives in humanity, the posatives in life. Whats worse live a life of pain or not live at all?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971

Hi Michael. Just hang in there! Everything's going to be okay. My grandmother used to say, "This too shall pass" when things got really rough. Years ago when I was going through my divorce and times were really bad, I wrote that on my bedroom mirror. Everytime I looked at that mirror, I saw that, and it helped remind me that the bad times weren't going to last forever. You are more loved than you could ever know! The sound of that angel that gives you comfort in that video, you have one of your own. If you listen very quietly with your soul, you may be able to hear her.

I have shunned God, his existance and flip flopped to believing or not believing that he may not have too much time for me when it comes to it. I have wrongly asked for God to help my situation in return for confirming he exists so many times that even if you take away my evils he would not want me in his kingdom. I have so many evils inside of me that I cannot cope, my demons need to be eliminated for my life to be worth something. I have been blessed with the most wonderful family but I will lose them because my demons have eroded my suitability. I destroy everything I ever touch, I am ungrateful and I am mean because I feel pain so I think the rest should. I do not deserve to be given the right of life. Either this is my hell or I am stealing another souls right for life that deserves it more than me. I am in the deep right now.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It depends on what outcome you want for the "others" in this world.

To find positive is only a matter of looking.

Do you want to leave knowing its stuffed and you can no longer deal with it. Or wait out you time and do as much as you can to inciting some type of positive change.

Scale your thinking down to what you can do, on your street, in your neighbour hood, in your city.... if you start making changes there (on a local scale) little by little you'll feel more confident to take on the bigger issues.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by britelite1971

I have shunned God, his existance and flip flopped to believing or not believing that he may not have too much time for me when it comes to it. I have wrongly asked for God to help my situation in return for confirming he exists so many times that even if you take away my evils he would not want me in his kingdom. I have so many evils inside of me that I cannot cope, my demons need to be eliminated for my life to be worth something. I have been blessed with the most wonderful family but I will lose them because my demons have eroded my suitability. I destroy everything I ever touch, I am ungrateful and I am mean because I feel pain so I think the rest should. I do not deserve to be given the right of life. Either this is my hell or I am stealing another souls right for life that deserves it more than me. I am in the deep right now.

That was one of the deepest things I have ever read...

None of us are worthy.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
But waiting I will be forced to witness the effect of my evils inflicted on the ones I love. I am in a lose - lose situation.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I actually just posted a new thread to say happy new year and it is exactly what I would say lol. www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread790206/pg#1

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Sorry, It seems I'm missing something...

What exactly are your evils?

Your aware of your "demons" but feel you cannot change or fix them.

Have you done something wrong?

I don't mean to pry, but reading between the lines almost feels as if you want to unburden yourself of some type of guilt. I think people could help, but you have be open, straight forward and honest.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Michael my heart just goes out to you! Listen up, you are no worse than anyone else on this planet! We are all the same. We have all cheated, lied, stole, hurt others, been selfish, been mean, and have done things we regret.....you name it. Noone, and I mean noone is perfect! Nobody! You are worthy of life and love, and of friends that will stretch out their hand and help you get through the rough times! You are not alone! Ending your life would simply cause your family pain, more than you can ever even begin to imagine! Don't do that to the family that loves you! The way that you feel right now is temporary and it will pass. Death is permanent. A year from now, you may not even remember what you are going through today. But if you choose not to live, you would still be dead a year from now. Hang in there, and if you feel that you might harm yourself you need to get help right away. A doctor's appointment is good for a long term fix, but if you need someone to talk to right now there are people that can help you! I have very clear feelings sometimes, and I can tell that you are a good person and that you have a good heart. Life sucks and it's hard, you are going to be alright! if you need someone to talk to right now, there is a place that you can call and talk to someone. 1-800-273-8255 The people there will take the time to listen to you and help you with what you are feeling. Also, you can go to contactwecare.org... and chat with someone online as well. Sometimes, we just need someone to listen, understand and care.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nawki

Sorry, It seems I'm missing something...

What exactly are your evils?

Your aware of your "demons" but feel you cannot change or fix them.

Have you done something wrong?

I don't mean to pry, but reading between the lines almost feels as if you want to unburden yourself of some type of guilt. I think people could help, but you have be open, straight forward and honest.

I have evils inside me that I cannot control. I am a caring person and can care for everybody but myself. I am putting my own family in danger because of the demons that take control of me. I am weak, I fall to drink, drugs and gambling. Gambling has been such a problem that I have now completly destroyed my ability to support my family in the short term, never mind the long term. There is no sympathy for a drunk, drug taking gambling addict I assure you so there is no help. I want to be good to all, I want to be comfortable in life enough so that I can go out and do the things I feel I should do to help people. But I cannot because I have been consumed by my demons.

My car insurance expires at midnight and I cannot afford to renew it meaning I lose my job. I have £250 left to service my family for 5 weeks. I have no means of help because I am currently employed and no means to borrow because everybody else is of no money. I have 2 young girls of 5 months and 3 years but I am in shame that I have failed them.

Seriously I have run out of options, I'm expecting no devine intervention. I am just trying to work out if my shame is worth facing or if it would just be easier to have my meeting early.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You can get through this man.

At least you recognize your demons. I have known them all in my life.

Your not even thirty Bro...I have socks older than you.

Your kids need their Dad.....You can change.

The Lord is going to be especially happy when you come home.

He is probably getting tired of worrying about you.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

In all seriousness I think the reason I am still talking to you or anybody is because of my children and I do not want to leave them. I just wish I could provide enough for them to just keep them modest in life.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't know what drives me. Why I'm still here, I have no clue. Some days, I wish a head on collision would happen to me. Because, most days, I am so fed up with listening to bickering 24/7 non stop, everyday, [fighting over pet sims, shakes head], frustrated, stressed out, tired of being used, taken advantage of, being nice, being blamed for every little thing, not to mention, dealing with some unruly customers-who just have to add to the aggravation on purpose, whether it be from work, school, family, sister, officers, or people in general. It really takes a toll and it's really exhausting.

You just want to scream.........

Next.. It will be something else in line to top off the previous aggravation to only make matters even more aggravating for you. Like the stupid gas pump who won't give you gas after paying for it.... argh... lol

Boy, does it get annoying. Like it never ends. And it is exhausting.

Think I'll just start being cold hearted.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Get some help and do it today. Also, keep listening to Nawki.

I'm guessing you're in the UK since you say you have £250, so here is the info on Alchoholics Anonymous:

www.dryoutnow.com...

Narc Anon:

www.ukna.org...

A friend who knows tells me that NA is better than the AA.

Gamblers Anonymous:

www.gamcare.org.uk...

You mention your children, but not your partner. I'll assume that your wife is still with you, if so TALK to her. Tell her how you feel, what you've done and how you need her support to make amends.

I've coped with someone with two of your problems and I can tell you that the worst thing is the lying and the attempts made by the other person to hide what's going on.

If your partner doesn't know the full extent of the damage you've done, confess all. She'll probably kick off but she probably won't kill you. When she's calmed down she may well, if you're lucky, support you and help you to find a solution.

You need some help - start by asking her. Then DO contact the organisations I've suggested.

If you don't still have your wife, talk to your nearest relative or friend.

And for goodness' sake don't harm yourself. You're asking your family to bear enough without losing you altogether. Do you really want your family spending New Year mourning you or spending their time at the local hospital watching over you?

And you'll ruin your kids' Christmas / New Year for the rest of their lives if you make it the anniversary of their Dad leaving them.

Last thought: give all your money to your partner or someone you trust.

edit on 28-12-2011 by berenike because: more info

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join