It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing can get done

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
A president can't get anything done because of congress. Is that correct? Well that is one thing. Another thing is... The american people can't get anything done because of fears. Is that also correct?

People fear jail in america. Therefore nothing can get done truely at that fear alone. There will never be a revolt in america because of the fear of jail and because of the fear of not having a measure in place for if a revolt does successfully succeed. Two great fears stop americans right in their tracks. As a result civil unrest in america is just wimpering. Am I correct? What do you think? I couldn't make america stop wimpering if my life depended on it.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Dear WarJohn,

Thanks for including your own thoughts in an Opening Post.

I agree with you halfway. Americans are held back by fear, but there is another dimension. What is the motivation for getting anything done? If you believe your action doesn't matter, then you won't take it, not out of fear, but because there is no reason to do it.

Combine that with the fear you mention and I think you've got it.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
No need for cynicism. There are millions of oppressed people in America who are overcoming their fear.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here's two fears of mine that i can't seem to overcome because it's one's resolution creates the other problem.

I have a fear of being armed and winding up having to shoot someone because I know how easily it can become a reality and yet i have the fear of not having a gun in my hand at the right moment. One's resolution creates the other. To what fate can you trust or do you simply struggle to fill your mind with other subjects still somehow being a slave to fear.

Hell, maybe there could be an external force of fear not simply generated within as fear too is a vibration. It might be good to know how to overcome that. What if increasing your own personal power could help but your personal power is not vibrating on the same plane as what you are trying to overcome before it overcomes you... yet it can still effect you while your defenses resonate completely different.... producing the ever present problem of undesired result for at least someone.

Perhaps it's, first, important to understand the point of fear.

Fear alerts you to danger, even of an unseen origin. that is SO DISTURBINGLY ingrained in our natures that you really can't miss it.

It is the very reason species survive.

new topics

top topics

join