It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns oil blockade if sanctions imposed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by jhn7537
I think Iran wants this fight and I'm pretty sure they're going to get it....

--------------
Yes, Iran can start a fight in the Strait of Hormuz.

Exactly, how many days could they shut down traffic in the Strait of Hormuz? 4 days?

2 weeks? When the short war is over, Irans navy will be 100% destroyed. Then what?

I think this image tells the story!

US 5th Fleet, mind you.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Bearack because: (no reason given)

And thats just a small part of the US Naval fleet... I honestly will never understand why other countries would want to go toe to toe with the US Military... Do people forget that our country spends nearly $1 trillion each year on building it up???

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suibom1974
reply to post by InsideYourMind

"Us gave Nukes to Israel"

Please provide sources. When you are unable to back up that claim, and try to twist words, to mean something other than what you originally typed (hate America speech) Will you correct yourself?

You assume i hate america because i am defending Iran? Am i correct? If so, why do you hate Iran? Were you told to hate Iran?

I don't hate america. I hate its policies and constant abuses of international law. It is simply disgusting.

I am far from twisting words, instead looking from the other side of things. There are in fact 2 sides at play here. People make claims which are full of hypocrisy and double standards, why can i not point them out and defend sanity?

I don't need to provide a source, the information is already out there.
Israel was created under the UN primarily by the United states and the United Kingdom.
This "nation" refuses to sign any nuclear disarment treaty's and simply gets what it wants, whenever it asks for it.

More american tax dollars go to Israel than what is spent on the average citizens of america.

I'll point out the obvious, where do you think Israel got the funds to pursue nuclear weapons development on this scale...

Question: Why is it okay for Israel and the US to have nuclear arms?
edit on 28/12/2011 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

How would you like to be an Iranian serving in the Iranian navy?

-----------
You want us to do what?! For how long?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by camaro68ss

So you are basically saying they cant stand up for themselves? The west are trying to bully them and they are not having it. If the West want to play this game with them, they are saying they can play just as dirty. Or would you just be happy to let them bend over and get shafted up the arse?

As I said in another thread, this world is run by bullies for bullies.

Ok lets seperate out the West vs East, Christians Vs Muslims for a second and take a moment to think in pure and simple logic. Should a regime that is willing to have a woman stoned to death for Adultery be allowed to be in control of nuclear weapons?

What if this regime decides that Christianity is punishable by death, would you want them in charge of nuclear weapons?

I wouldn't

should a regime which executes innocent men be allowed to dictate morals to the rest of the world?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

--------------

Exactly, how many days could they shut down traffic in the Strait of Hormuz? 4 days?

2 weeks? When the short war is over, Irans navy will be 100% destroyed. Then what?

US 5th Fleet, mind you.

And thats just a small part of the US Naval fleet... I honestly will never understand why other countries would want to go toe to toe with the US Military... Do people forget that our country spends nearly $1 trillion each year on building it up???

Yeah, its pretty invincible right.....

The uninvited guest.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

We could do the whole war with armed Predator drones.

Obama would love that. No casualties.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

--------------

US 5th Fleet, mind you.

Yeah, its pretty invincible right.....

The uninvited guest.

That was a flub up for sure. But in fairness, that was the Kitty Hawk which was decommissioned in 2008 (IIRC) and the destroyer class ships that accompanied the Kitty Hawk also had antiquated radar. That was one of the primary reasons for its decommission. It was also not a super carrier class or even a Nimitz class carrier for that matter. Let's see a Chinese sub attempt this with the USS Ronald Reagan.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
The Ayatollah of Iran is a rash and dangerous person to wish harm upon others.

What had the fuss been all about anyway? It started with the nuke weaponization affair. A wise leader would have just open up the door and allow IAEA inspectors full freedom to inspect and ensure safety compliances if Iran truly only seeks nuke energy and not nuke bombs.

But that bast*rd Ayatollah had not done so, and had only ratched up the duplicities and rhetorics to what it is today. IT is a SELFISH BASTARDLY act by that one man to put the entire nation on peril.

You can't find truth however long you seek it, if you constantly lie to yourself.

Worse if he attempts to BLOCKADE INTERNATIONAL WATERS. He dont own the straits. World's humanity owns it and had for centuries unrestricted use of it for trade. By blocking the straits, he had DECLARED WAR ON HUMANITY!!!.

The war on humanity was declared by the psychopaths of the world, the Western nations, long ago. Iran is a nation of self-respecting human beings refusing to toe the line drawn by the psychopaths.

They recognise that there is no negotiating with pschopathic liars that the Westerners are. They are refusing to treat psychopaths like humans and they are right about it.

The West or anyone else has no reason acceptable to human beings (psychopaths excepted) to attack Iran. But if they attack, Iran should inflict the greatest possible damage on the psychopaths and their "civilisation". By the way, it will not stop at blocking the straits of Hormuz. They will follow it up with bombing every oil installation in the ME that their missiles can reach.

May our fellow human brothers and sisters in Iran - please stop him!

If there are any human being living in the West, they should stop their governments from waging an attack on Iran. If Iran is not attacked, the straits are safe.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The Sauds just cut Irans teeth right out of their mouth.

source

With concern growing over a possible drop-off in Iranian oil supplies, a senior Saudi oil official said Gulf Arab nations are ready to offset any loss of Iranian crude.
That reassurance led to a drop in world oil prices. In New York, benchmark crude fell 77 cents to $100.57 a barrel in morning trading. Brent crude fell 82 cents to $108.45 a barrel in London.

I guess the Iranians think they are going to defeat the US NAVY with those flying boat things

odd, the EX-TEXT wasn't working.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Iran doesn't "own" the strait of hormuz, so they cannot dictate who goes through and who doesn't.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

I can see the future in Iran. --- Regime Change --- then Peace & Tranquility.

No more threats to - wipe Israel off the face of the Earth- . That actually sounds

pretty good. Hmmm.........

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
If there are any human being living in the West, they should stop their governments from waging an attack on Iran. If Iran is not attacked, the straits are safe.

Do you suggested we just let Iran, who has stated (and documented) thousands of times, that they will destroy Israel. Do we just allow another holocaust to take place?

This is merely a question because I know there are ample anti-Israelis visitors to this site.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

How would you like to be an Iranian serving in the Iranian navy?

-----------
You want us to do what?! For how long?

I would probably be like "F***!!!!!!!!!!" if i was in the Iranian Navy.....But who knows, Russia could be lurking in those waters too. If thats the case, than things could get real interesting FAST...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

But to be honest with you, maybe our US Navy has grown a little complacent in recent decades due to the fact that other nations never had the capabilities of our own. Today we are seeing countries like China and Russia who are slowly gaining ground on us and now its getting to the point where the US military has to treat them like worthy adversaries and understand that they likely are working with the same technology that we are... China is now showing the world that we arent the only nation with Stealth technology...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

So effectively, you are not going to answer my questions? You dont want to bring up USA giving nukes to Israel? Or Troy Davis? Check Mate!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Do you suggested we just let Iran, who has stated (and documented) thousands of times, that they will destroy Israel. Do we just allow another holocaust to take place?

As far as I remember, the holocaust wasn't committed by Persians or Arabs. Systematically victimising the Jews is not an Arab/Persian/Muslim speciality. That credit goes to some others.

If someone has owed to wipe out another who is 100 times stronger and has never attempted it, I don't think another has to bother about "defending" this "little guy" with 300 nukes

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

As far as I remember, the holocaust wasn't committed by Persians or Arabs. Systematically victimising the Jews is not an Arab/Persian/Muslim speciality. That credit goes to some others.

So in essence, since the holocaust wasn't perpetrated by either Persians or Arabs, then the eradication of the Jewish nation wouldn't be considered a "holocaust"? Are you actually justifying the destruction of an entire people?

If someone has owed to wipe out another who is 100 times stronger and has never attempted it, I don't think another has to bother about "defending" this "little guy" with 300 nukes

I didn't know the amount of nukes Israel has is so well known. And from what publication did you get your intel?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The war on humanity was declared by the psychopaths of the world, the Western nations, long ago. Iran is a nation of self-respecting human beings refusing to toe the line drawn by the psychopaths.

They recognise that there is no negotiating with pschopathic liars that the Westerners are. They are refusing to treat psychopaths like humans and they are right about it.

The West or anyone else has no reason acceptable to human beings (psychopaths excepted) to attack Iran. But if they attack, Iran should inflict the greatest possible damage on the psychopaths and their "civilisation". By the way, it will not stop at blocking the straits of Hormuz. They will follow it up with bombing every oil installation in the ME that their missiles can reach.

Cut your BS rant and stick to the facts of the present will you? If you wish to drag the past, lets you and me start a new thread - how the west and east screwed each other in 5000 B.C till today. Then you throw all the vitrol you want with your baggages that will not solve the problems of the present

The issue right now is the Iranian dog of a leader - the Ayatollah, is willing to sacrifice the death of thousands of our fellow human brothers and sisters in Iran now, by suggestings to blockade the Straits, which means the CURRENT ACT is AN ACT OF WAR upon HUMANITY, for that mad dog don't own the straits, which is used by MANKIND for centuries FREELY for trade-the lifeblood of our world.

And why did he do it? Simply because the WORLD is concern with its SUSPECTED nuke weaponisation programme. Open to IAEA, hide nothing and there will be no war. But if that douche bag raghead Ayatollah insists on his way, hiding and talking big, then he would only had plunge the entire world into another war.

Can you understand that? or at least try to? Be part of the solution, not the problem, for you and I too want only peace. If you seek for war, death to thousands, then please go play a video game, do it 24/7 - 365 days a year every year of your life and never leave the console, so that humanity be spared of violence by unreasonable people like you.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So in essence, since the holocaust wasn't perpetrated by either Persians or Arabs, then the eradication of the Jewish nation wouldn't be considered a "holocaust"? Are you actually justifying the destruction of an entire people?

Guess need to be more explicit. None other than some psychopathic garbage of the world ever exhibited a tendency to wipe out whole people, especially Jews. And Arabs/Persians/Muslims are not part of that garbage.

So I don't anticipate Iran doing it, especially since they don't have the means to achieve it.

I didn't know the amount of nukes Israel has is so well known. And from what publication did you get your intel?

I got the number from the statements of a United State Congressman named Ron Paul. I didn't ask for the publications. If you have access to him, you may.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
And why did he do it? Simply because the WORLD is concern with its SUSPECTED nuke weaponisation programme. Open to IAEA, hide nothing and there will be no war. But if that douche bag raghead Ayatollah insists on his way, hiding and talking big, then he would only had plunge the entire world into another war.

If you think Iran ending its nuclear ambitions will change anything, you are clueless to what is going on.

Iran has been on the US top 10 enemy lists since the day 'their' man got evicted from power.

Iran has been backed into a corner intentionally. There is nothing they can do now to change what is coming.

The sad part is, it has very little to do with Iran and a lot to do with where Iran is. Nothing any Iranian could change if they wanted too.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join