It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns oil blockade if sanctions imposed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

And you are completely ignoring the fact that Iran has no actual choice.

Hey, let's legally leave the NPT and build a nuclear weapon to protect ourselves from global interests....bombs start falling.

Hey, let's hide our nuclear weapons to protect ourselves from global interest...bombs start dropping.

There is nothing...I repeat for clarity....NOTHING that Iran can do at this point that will provide security for Iran.

The only options that have been given to Iran are as follows:
a) Submit to our whims.
b) Lose a war, then submit to our whims.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by camaro68ss

So you are basically saying they cant stand up for themselves? The west are trying to bully them and they are not having it. If the West want to play this game with them, they are saying they can play just as dirty. Or would you just be happy to let them bend over and get shafted up the arse?

As I said in another thread, this world is run by bullies for bullies.

I am not taking sides in this - the Iranian regime is just as dirty as the west. I do not support any religion, government or corporation. They are all as bad as each other.
edit on 27-12-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)
You have basically summed up how I feel about this. Star for you, also, judging by the way you spelled arse, you are a fellow British citizen.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by peck420

There are currently 4 countries with declared weapons outside the NPT and not much happened to them. One country left the NPT and that was North Korea. They got the bomb, of sorts anyway and were already sanctioned to the hilt for many other reasons.

And who are these countries?

Israel...apparently above all criticisms.
India...will be left alone until they are too powerful or no longer significant. As long as they continue to play their part in containing China, they will be tolerated.
Pakistan...let's see what happens once the US is done playing in Afghanistan
North Korea...why fight when you can wait? North Korea can't launch an offensive to anything more than South Korea. They will starve before they get any further.

But Iran...well Iran is rich in a lot of things other people want. They can not adequately defend themselves from conventional warfare. Their only hope for a semblance on independence is a nuclear weapon...better not let them get one.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

There is always a choice, but again (and I stress this so you might eventually get it) I wasn't discussing the rights, wrongs or what would happen if they left the NPT, but rather simply answering the other question about who gets to decide who has Nukes.

Anything else was not up for discussion in that answer and you do raise good points, I don't disagree with you, but that is not the reason I brought the NPT up.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

The US exported more then imported, can you back that up with evidence?
I think most countries are safe for about 3 to 4 months having enough reserves for that time. Still though if a blockade is ended within 3 months the supply will not run smoothly in case of war in the gulf.
Indeed interesting to see Greece is against sanctions, seeing their economy weakened even further if no oil comes from iran and others, i believe after Spain they rely most on Iran's oil within the EU.
For a war with Iran, now is the right time, to boost the military industrial complex and pull the US economy from recession, to give Obama enough time to gain popularity before the november elections and because Syria has enough domestic turmoil to support Iran in a war.It is the right time tipping both the Ba'ath-and clerics regime. Messing around with stuxnet is not good enough to halt their nucleair program, i hope they make it of good use when they do attack them "conventionally"

edit on 27-12-2011 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Hasn't this been happening already though? Lol.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
are the Iranians High? we can wipe out their whole navy with one sub.
edit on 27-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Iran is a possible darkhorse. No doubt about that my friend. I wouldn't underestimate them just yet.

Not to mention what China and Russia will do if America flexes it's pill-popping muscles again...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Start buying Russian Crude, the price will sky rocket if Saudi does not increase its output to lower the inflation caused by any disturbance in the flow.

By the way, Europe imports less than 5% of its Crude from Iran anyway, most of it goes to China, so its not really much of a problem.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Pakistan has the fastest growing inventory of nukes in the world today. in few years they will have more nukes than israel and france. why does not usa cry about that? does anyone know how much 'deep in the pot' pak hand was in 9-11 attacks.

usa is a foolish country which likes to bully those that it does not like. in the process usa is itself getting destroyed economically and in terms of society.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

FYI..
"As of July 2009, there are 12 Vice Presidents in Iran.."
en.wikipedia.org...

So it's not like "Iran", as in whoever is HMFIC, made an "official" proclamation.. one of their politicians, probably a neo-conrainian, belching fiery rhetoric.. maybe it's election time in Iran as well.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

So Iran is exactly 11 vice presidents more democratic than the U.S

Interesting fact.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
I'd give it a week max before the complete destruction of the Iranian Navy if they close it down. This could actually play right into the hands of the American war machine.

Whose to say they aren't forcing Iran's hand. Iran isn't just threatening to do this out of the blue.. we have put more sanctions on them causing their currency to devalue by 1/3.. and we are threatening even more severe sanctions on their oil that would bring their economy to the edge.

We are provoking them.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
They have been making this threat for years? Perhaps, the reason they have not done it is because of the consequences? I envision a naval force arriving to the region unlike anything the world has seen since the days of WWII. The Straight of Hormuz is not only an international shipping lane, but a core transit route for ships conducting naval operations in the Persian Gulf.

Enough of the empty threats and saber rattling! For a country that claims to be a peace loving nation? They are definitely acting like a belligerent one. Go ahead cut-off the oil supply to Western Europe and the US! The fervor to attack will not only be from government sources, but also from the people as they break-the-bank to fill-up or wait long periods in fuel lines akin to what took place in the seventies. Iran is playing a dangerous game, and I hope for their sake they take a moment to rationally second guess this decision. Time will indeed tell.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

America doesnt import any crude from Iran, it will not affect any supply/demand despite what highly speculative media may suggest.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Here is a question:
What does the head of the Iranian military or the ayotolas have to say about this? After all they are the ones that control what all goes on in Iran, not the president or vice presidents, but the military and the clergy. If the grand ayotola says do it, they do, but if he does not give his blessing, then it is a false flag and just chest beating.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao

Iran warns oil blockade if sanctions imposed

dunyanews.tv

No oil will be permitted to pass through key oil Strait of Hormuz if West applies sanctions on Iran.
The warning came from Iranian Vice President Mohammad Reza Rahimi on Tuesday.
The threat was reported by the state news agency IRNA as Iran conducted navy wargames near the Strait of Hormuz, at the entrance of the oil-rich Gulf."If sanctions are adopted against Iranian oil, not a drop of oil will pass through the Strait of Hormuz," Rahimi was quoted as saying.

"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.israelnationalnews.com
zaviews.blogspot.com

Even if sanctions were imposed...Iran is not so stupid...or are they...to carry out this threat. This would give the U.S. the excuse it needs to obliterate specific Iranian Targets....and believe me...the Iranian Youth would LOVE IT!

Iran has the highest percentage of young to old in the world and most of these youth are of the computer savy generation longing to be free. If they actually did try to block oil shipments...they would be obliterated on the seas as well as all Iranian Naval targets.

This would also trigger massive Special Forces opperations to capture and saftly destroy Iranian Nuke Facilities...and I am not talking about small teams...they would be backed by USAF, USN as well as Rapid deployment forces numbered in the thousands.

In the event of Iranian reprisals...First Use of the new U.S. Free Electron Laser would render any Iranian missle launch toward any U.S. Military Forces or allies...would quickly elliminate this threat. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

You have some catching up to do:
ireport.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

All they gotta do is readmit inspectors back into Iran and to show the world they have no nukes and that they're willing to have their operations watched 24/7. This gesture they're making shows us that they have no intention of stopping their nuclear weapons program. They have no intention of seeking peace. If they truly had nothing to hide then they would resume talks and allow inspectors full access to nuclear sites. THEY are provoking WWIII, not us.

Remember, Iran kicked out the UN inspectors, claiming they were unqualified. And then we start finding out they're enriching when they shouldn't be. We find out that some of their methods are suspicious and may be linked to weapons materials. We find out they secretly hide the locations and actions of sites. A UN report comes out that concludes Iran is likely building the bomb.
edit on 28-12-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

The current strategy in dealing with Iran is let it implode on itself. This younger generation of Iranians is just waiting for the chance to uproot the Old Guard. It will happen. It is just a matter of time. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

What makes you think Israel is going to sit on it?
edit on 28-12-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join