It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns oil blockade if sanctions imposed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
are the Iranians High? we can wipe out their whole navy with one sub.
edit on 27-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Iran doesn't need to use it's Navy to shut the Straights. They're barely 40 miles wide, so shore batteries, mines and the simple threat of sinking is enough.

That said, shutting an international waterway is an Act of War and doing so would seal the deal with the whole "will they, won't they" over whether we're (the West) going to attack Iran. For those of the more conspiratorial bent, this is probably what they have been trying to do, get Iran to make the first move.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by camaro68ss

So you are basically saying they cant stand up for themselves? The west are trying to bully them and they are not having it. If the West want to play this game with them, they are saying they can play just as dirty. Or would you just be happy to let them bend over and get shafted up the arse?

As I said in another thread, this world is run by bullies for bullies.

I am not taking sides in this - the Iranian regime is just as dirty as the west. I do not support any religion, government or corporation. They are all as bad as each other.
edit on 27-12-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

yes basically im saying they cant stand up for themselves, basically im saying, shut down 1/3 of the oil supply and there land turns to glass.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Somehow i feel i should stock up on LOTS of popcorn...and hope that my little village in some Southern European country is more or less "safe" WSHTF.

I am not one of believing about 99,99% of stuff here on the forum, conspiracy theories, prophecies etc...it's all hoagwash...but Iran closing international waters and blocking Oil....would be...well...BIG, to say it mildly.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
After reading the article, the following can be stated:

The wrong questions are being asked, and once again, we are ignoring the person behind the curtain. Like any high stakes game of poker, in short Iran is putting in a very large bet, the question must now be asked, what exactly are they withholding from the general view of the public, and how ironic that after all of this time that it is being announced today of all days that they will put up a blockade. So lets look at this another way, there is a large table, and at least three of the main players at this table are working together. When one wants to do something the others pull together to draw attention away.

In short this is partially an empty threat, as the Iranians know that they can not really put up a blockade of the straights without any one letting it go, too many of the countries need that oil and it would ultimately back fire on them. It is a gambit and one that is played to draw the attention of the world away from what they do not want us to see. They can not control the straits without assistance from the other countries in the area, they know that as well as we do, however the next question is who is going to back and assist them in this? If they do and it is successful, then it would mean that they are getting the assistance and backing from the other countries in that region as well, once and for all showing who is really against the country of Iran and who is not.

In short they have anted up and now to see who is going to call their bluff and raise the stakes. Let us pray that it does not go too high.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

So Iran threatens the world with a Naval Blockade that isnt realistically sustainable with their outclased Navy. Just wait until they get Nukes.

We should see some real high quality blackmail then

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

So you are basically saying they cant stand up for themselves? The west are trying to bully them and they are not having it. If the West want to play this game with them, they are saying they can play just as dirty. Or would you just be happy to let them bend over and get shafted up the arse?

Ok lets seperate out the West vs East, Christians Vs Muslims for a second and take a moment to think in pure and simple logic. Should a regime that is willing to have a woman stoned to death for Adultery be allowed to be in control of nuclear weapons?

What if this regime decides that Christianity is punishable by death, would you want them in charge of nuclear weapons?

I wouldn't

It is THEIR religion. For a couple of hundred or maybe thousands of years , they choose their way of life .
Imagine only if half of the population (that's about 35 millions) does not agree with those rules ...
The WEST (most part) have THE BIBLE , they have THE QURAN.
In another words , following your logic , should a regime that is becoming a police state , a regime that creates concentration camps for their own citizens , a regime that bypasses Constitution for imprisoning inocent people, (the list is too long to continue here...) , should THAT regime be allowed to be in control of nuclear weapons ???

So, where is that pure and simple logic ?
Only because you think Monica Lewinsky is a wonderful woman , doesn't mean that every nation on this world should think the same.

As a matter of fact , they (iranians) have a great heritage.
Look at their history. They only got invaded. Never invaded another contry. May i say they are a peaceful nation.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
they only have sink a few ships in it to block it and no matter how much the usa bomb iran the ships will still be there...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by villunder

Am I missing something, does every Muslim state punish adultery by women by death? I don't recall they do. However you are missing the cusp of the argument completely, what is really in question here, is a regime and state that values its own citizens life with such little contempt really be allowed to control devices that can exterminate 10 million people within minutes?

That is not a possibility as far as I am concerned. I'd be willing to lay down my life to stop that kind of entity from putting the whole world peace at risk from happening.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Awesome.
Now all we need is a sea mine to detonate next to an old outdated sub or carrier and its on.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
they only have sink a few ships in it to block it and no matter how much the usa bomb iran the ships will still be there...

You are right they will be there, until America bombs those, or torpedoes them. Then there will be nothing but rubble. Iran is full of threats. Thats it.

I can make a threat against someone, but until action, its just words. What really matters is what you do.
edit on 27-12-2011 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

-SAP-
edit on 27-12-2011 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by villunder
Only because you think Monica Lewinsky is a wonderful woman , doesn't mean that every nation on this world should think the same.

Huh? Monica Lewinsky? Where does she come into this?

As a matter of fact , they (iranians) have a great heritage.
Look at their history. They only got invaded. Never invaded another contry. May i say they are a peaceful nation.

I hear this said often and while I am certainly no supporter of war with Iran, this statement is not that accurate!

For example, the Persians founded the worlds largest Empire ever seen during the reign of Cyrus the Great and continued to expand their Empire to stretch from Greece and Egypt in the West to India in the East under Darius and Xerxes. Granted, the Persian Empire was seen as a model for the later Greek and Roman Empires, as they did very well in incorporating other cultures into the Empire, but that is beside the point.

With Alexander and his invasion, they would appear to have been on the receiving end of invasions, first from the Greeks and then the Romans, who never quite managed to subdue them. During this time, they did still expand their own territory, however. Then came the Arab invasion, which subdued them again, but around the 9th century they rose up once more, forming the Khwarazmian Empire, which again expanded the lands of the Persians.

Unfortunately, in 1218, they suffered an invasion by Genghis Khan were uver half the total population was lost, with some estimates indicating that they only recovered to the pre-Mongol population in the middle of the 20th century, such was the destruction, which is probably why they didn't do much invading since. The black death of the 13th century further depleted their population by another 30%.

But, as illustrated, claiming the Persians are "peacful" and don't invade is bogus. At their height, they broke records for their invasions, assembling the worlds largest armies and navies to crush their opponents.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Awesome.
Now all we need is a sea mine to detonate next to an old outdated sub or carrier and its on.

Just like Operation Praying Mantisin 1988..........

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by villunder

Am I missing something, does every Muslim state punish adultery by women by death? I don't recall they do. However you are missing the cusp of the argument completely, what is really in question here, is a regime and state that values its own citizens life with such little contempt really be allowed to control devices that can exterminate 10 million people within minutes?

That is not a possibility as far as I am concerned. I'd be willing to lay down my life to stop that kind of entity from putting the whole world peace at risk from happening.

I don't ever say i agree with that . I don't say that from MY point of view, it's not barbaric.
In other muslim contries if somebody are proven to be stealing something, they cut a hand (preferably the right one).
In others if you change your religion you are punished to death .
For thousands of years the muslims called the christians "infidels", "unbelievers" ... So what ?!
But that is not the point .
The point is who am I to judge ?
What makes me superior ? (i have an iphone, the haven't... that is...)
A.... i saw on TV ... they are terrorists ! That's it !
So who gives the America the right to judge and CONDAMNE all that ? Because they have a bigger gun ?
The bigger the gun , the smaller the brain (my oppinion).
Simple logic is in this case RESPECT. I respect your oppinion only if you respect mine.
Available universally. From human to human and from nation to nation.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am so sick and tired of all the wars and killing..

The only ones that are going to suffer are the “Little Ar.. holes” like you and me.

I wish, we would be so “united” if it comes to solving problems like Fukushima as example.

link   

Thats a good one good luck with that one arent you forgetting about Irans allies?

link   

Ok lets seperate out the West vs East, Christians Vs Muslims for a second and take a moment to think in pure and simple logic. Should a regime that is willing to have a woman stoned to death for Adultery be allowed to be in control of nuclear weapons?

What if this regime decides that Christianity is punishable by death, would you want them in charge of nuclear weapons?

I wouldn't

Too late. Pakistan has it. They banned the word Jesus Christ in text messages, they even harbor terrorists, but they are fully capable of being in charge of nuclear weapons.Your simple logic fails.
Please tell me , what criterias does a country need to fulfill in order to be allowed to have nuclear weapons ? Who has the right to decide what country should or should not have nuclear weapons for defensive purposes?

Fear is a strange substance. Everyone fears Iran because they stone women, and because they MIGHT have nuclear weapons yet no one fears USA,the only country in the world that has nuked another country.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Huh? Monica Lewinsky? Where does she come into this?

Read between the lines ... Bill Clinton commit adultery with Monica Lewinsky.
Monica was not killed by stones .... so what a great nation America is !

link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Thats a good one good luck with that one arent you forgetting about Irans allies?

Iran won't have allies if it tries to stop/block oil exportation through the strait.

link   

True statement
2nd

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join