It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns oil blockade if sanctions imposed

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

One of the main purposes of the sanctions act, and the sanctions to follow, is not solely to boycot Iranian crude oil but also to prohibit companies from selling refined oil products to Iran.
I just red that Iran is one of the most energy intensive countries of the world per capita, even more then Japan en the EU, mostly because it is very inefficient.Interesting note is that in Iran, of the refined oil they consume, 40% is imported from India, more of an ally then say China or Pakistan.If it comes to a dramatic halt of refined exports to Iran, they're all dried up and if bombs start falling on petrochemical industries, their fancy flying boats aren't even able to start their engines let alone train in those things..Even before then internal turmoil may increase when Iranians can't fuel their cars, can't get food supplies or warm their houses etc..
edit on 28-12-2011 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2011 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

I don't see how blocking the straight would benefit Iran. This is probably just more postering to keep the worlds attention away from their Nuclear program. At this point, Iran just wants to make it into the nuclear club so we will leave them alone.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
as with many other posts here i believe that Irans resources don't belong to anyone but Iran. If America had any resources that world needed we would definately dictate who gets what, when, and for how much. I dont understand everyone here talking about 'omg iran has nukes,' guess what - many countries do and we are doing nothing about it. Who are we to dictate who can have these weapons? Basically we are saying if you are a 'good' country you can have nukes, but we get to decide what a good nation is. many people like to forget that the u.s. not only has weapons of mass destruction, but has USED them, but somehow thats ok because we are the 'good guys.'

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Get used to it folks, with increasing demand and limited supply of natural resources, you are going to see more and more conflict between people to get those resources. To those who suggest that well Iran's oil is Iran's oil - how naive you are. Do you realize what shutting down 1/3 of the globes oil would do? I am sure those of you sitting in front of your computer, using high speed internet are unable to face the realities of how far your living standards would fall? I will admit I am selfish, unlike the fake moral brigade that always show up in these kinds of threads.

If Iran shuts down the oil supply, a 250 a barrel would be a bargain and wouldn't just usher a recession, it would bring about a severe depression and likely world war three.
edit on 28-12-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
as with many other posts here i believe that Irans resources don't belong to anyone but Iran. If America had any resources that world needed we would definately dictate who gets what, when, and for how much. I dont understand everyone here talking about 'omg iran has nukes,' guess what - many countries do and we are doing nothing about it. Who are we to dictate who can have these weapons? Basically we are saying if you are a 'good' country you can have nukes, but we get to decide what a good nation is. many people like to forget that the u.s. not only has weapons of mass destruction, but has USED them, but somehow thats ok because we are the 'good guys.'

It's pretty simple logic if you ask me...If they were our ally it wouldnt be a big deal, but since they are our enemy it is (makes sense to me, I wouldnt want my enemy to have a nuclear weapon)... We can dictate because we have the military to do so, and if someone wants to overthrow us, they can try...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Folks, just remember Star Trek. First came world war 3, then came peace on earth. I'd personally prefer we skip the whole world war 3 part.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by camaro68ss

Are you high? This isn't a case of your dick is bigger than theirs. Or maybe it is, its that pathetic. All this crap going on in the world is completely pointless but because of greedy idiots we are on the brink of annihilation.

OMFG! THANK YOU! WeLL SERVED, ( respect )

dick meausering is something the GoV made up and passed along to ignorant children, jeezzzz

GROW UP,, its all about the greed, the GoV are sick and the sickness is greed.....
edit on 28-12-2011 by notonsamepage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Not one sub. But yes, we can wipe out their navy.

We are artificially building them up in preparation to ripping them down.

It's psychological warfare. Make an enemy think he's invincible; that God himself will stand with them....then utterly devastate them. This kind of victory is 10X more so than if we would have attacked in, say, 2005.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Dear Iran, no one is buying your tough guy saber rattling. NO country could by themselves effectively block that port much less compare it to drinking water. The most you can hope for is a couple of hit and run attacks. It's dumb crap like this that scares my idiot friends here in America. You see most here don't realize that our news is just as censored as some of these countries we uh "liberated" and that you are just talking crap. They think you are really serious. Everyone should know you're not going to nuke Israel because the rest of the world including the Sunni Muslims would wipe you and your buddies off the map. Honestly, someone has to take the first real steps. Kicking out the IAEA inspectors and hiding facilities doesn't quite fit with the "just for peaceful enrichment". If instead of responding like a third grader trying to scare people with what his father or the cops are gonna do you should try cooperating. Then if that doesnt work then by all means...act like third graders.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
love being ignored so completely on mt life imitating art comment on pg 3....

doesn't ANYONE find it eerie that there was a movie about this sort of thing only 28 years ago?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by infiniteobserver

If you had bothered to read about the 12'vers mahdisist beliefs - you would realise they are deadly serious about nuking Israel or any other method they can think of to start WWIII.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I don't think Iran's green/brown water Navy poses much of a threat, and is more bark than bite.

One has to know by now, it's only a matter of time before we're engaged in a conflict with them, probably sooner rather than later. It's a shame really, I'm just sick and tired of the whole planet.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Makes you wonder, why can't we just share?

We were Human before we was"American, British, iranian" etc. Why all the wars? Makes no sense to me and people that cry out for war, also make no sense for me. War doesn't do anything, there's nothing gained from war.

wake up.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Not really. What's so strange about considering the possibility that the strait could be in contention, especially over oil exportation? That issue has been a planned possibility much longer than 30 years...
edit on 28-12-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I dont know about anyone else but I am SO tired of Iran and their "hard talk". I was watching the news today and they were showing their naval arsenal, it looked like something from the 1940's-1960's. Iran's like an annoying bug flying around before their squished.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

Well if you live in the United States than war obviously did something. The American revolution let the USA develop. If your black, well the civil war gave you the rights of a white man and got rid of slavery and kept the union. Whoever said "war" or conflict has never done anything has obviously never studied history or been in a situation where conflict was the only option to preserve your life.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NAeagle89
reply to post by David291

Well if you live in the United States than war obviously did something. The American revolution let the USA develop. If your black, well the civil war gave you the rights of a white man and got rid of slavery and kept the union. Whoever said "war" or conflict has never done anything has obviously never studied history or been in a situation where conflict was the only option to preserve your life.

This is quite true. War forces social and industrial evolution. It always has and always will.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
reply to post by infiniteobserver

If you had bothered to read about the 12'vers mahdisist beliefs - you would realise they are deadly serious about nuking Israel or any other method they can think of to start WWIII.

Your 100% right. Iran has been waiting for the last 200 years for the perfect moment to strike. If any country in the ME starts WW3 it will be Israel. And while they do it they will be screaming we are defending ourselves.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Count down to looking glass
It can be found on Google vids one of my all time favorite docudramas
that and Threads
edit on 28-12-2011 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This isn't the first time they've threatened this, and it probably won't be the last.

I doubt they would jeopardize their own country by cutting off 1/3rd of the worlds oil supply. It would hurt them as much as anyone else. Probably more. It's saber rattling, they will not (and I doubt they could) do this.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join