It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns oil blockade if sanctions imposed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Iran warns oil blockade if sanctions imposed

dunyanews.tv

No oil will be permitted to pass through key oil Strait of Hormuz if West applies sanctions on Iran.
The warning came from Iranian Vice President Mohammad Reza Rahimi on Tuesday.
The threat was reported by the state news agency IRNA as Iran conducted navy wargames near the Strait of Hormuz, at the entrance of the oil-rich Gulf."If sanctions are adopted against Iranian oil, not a drop of oil will pass through the Strait of Hormuz," Rahimi was quoted as saying.

"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.israelnationalnews.com
zaviews.blogspot.com

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The price of oil would rocket to a $250 a barrel, and a world wide recession as a result.
A very bold action of Iran if you ask me, i wonder how long till all the refined oil to Iran is blocked, and if war would break out and the few refineries they have are bombed, how long this country is going to survive.
it would be a great opportunity for the war hawks to start a war and usher a major conflict..Because no one, specially Saud Arabia is going to tolerate this and for the consequences worldwide.It might actually give the US/UK a fiat to start conflict and be, again, legitimized to bomb the living crap out of them, at least by their congress.

dunyanews.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

When is our next round of "Sanctions" going to be approved? Isn't there a play book that was discussed on the next round of sanctions to be activated? Just curious on a time frame. Irans war exercises are for ten days starting last Saturday as we all know so wonder if the next level of sanctions are to be enforced before the end of the war games?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
are the Iranians High? we can wipe out their whole navy with one sub.
edit on 27-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'd give it a week max before the complete destruction of the Iranian Navy if they close it down. This could actually play right into the hands of the American war machine.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Are you high? This isn't a case of your dick is bigger than theirs. Or maybe it is, its that pathetic. All this crap going on in the world is completely pointless but because of greedy idiots we are on the brink of annihilation.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

Are you high? This isn't a case of your dick is bigger than theirs. Or maybe it is, its that pathetic. All this crap going on in the world is completely pointless but because of greedy idiots we are on the brink of annihilation.

Are you giving up your living standards in the name of world peace? didn't think so.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I don't think you took his post in the spirit intended. I understood him to be saying that this is a very foolish move on Iran's part, because they don't have the bite to back up the bark and the US/other countries are looking for a fight at the moment.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

sorry buddy, if Iran closes the supply line of 1/3 of the worlds oil, there going to be exterminated. fast!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
The price of oil would rocket to a $250 a barrel, and a world wide recession as a result.

This would be the crisis I warned about here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Slayer?

Seriously, anything with "Iran warns" in front of it means that everything after is likely an empty threat.

BUT, maybe this will be the one time they are serious?

We'll see eh?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

World peace? You are having a joke right? I know full well that will never happen, because humanity is incapable of it. What does this have to do with me anyway? I am not the one fighting in other countries to steal their resources. I am not the one bullying people to get what I want out of them. And I am easily adaptable, if it comes down to it then I will deal with losing electricity or whatever. We are far too dependant on technology so it would probably be a good thing if we were forced to become less dependant on it.

link   
why should new sanctions be put on Iran and for what? Russia and China would be foolish in the long run if they allow new sanctions on Iran in the UN. This is nonsense choking of a small country which is done nothing to US or West. Better come to senses before devil gets out of the bag and whole world gets into war and depression of all sorts. Evilness to put it in common language.

link   
I think that if we spent as much money on energy research as we did war, then Iran would have no resource to hold to Ransome because we would already be harnessing cold fusion or hydrogen energy produced by splitting oxygen from hydrogen. Jees when are these governments going to stop keeping mankind down.

Should every human being lead a life that is fair, just and right with all equal. Where energy and heat come free then nobody would have enough anger and spite inside them to cause them to wage war on humanity.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

So you are basically saying they cant stand up for themselves? The west are trying to bully them and they are not having it. If the West want to play this game with them, they are saying they can play just as dirty. Or would you just be happy to let them bend over and get shafted up the arse?

As I said in another thread, this world is run by bullies for bullies.

I am not taking sides in this - the Iranian regime is just as dirty as the west. I do not support any religion, government or corporation. They are all as bad as each other.
edit on 27-12-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I bet those that believe a country or countries taking another's resources is perfectly fine are the first to throw the book at someone caught stealing an apple from a store out of starvation.

What is the population of Iran? 70 million? We aren't talking about a video game here where wiping someone out gives you an achievement icon. Iran has every right to do anything it wants with its own resources, just like we have a right to do anything with ours. By putting in more sanctions they have a right to react, just like they have the right to build their own defenses. Who are we or anyone to tell them otherwise?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

So you are basically saying they cant stand up for themselves? The west are trying to bully them and they are not having it. If the West want to play this game with them, they are saying they can play just as dirty. Or would you just be happy to let them bend over and get shafted up the arse?

As I said in another thread, this world is run by bullies for bullies.

Ok lets seperate out the West vs East, Christians Vs Muslims for a second and take a moment to think in pure and simple logic. Should a regime that is willing to have a woman stoned to death for Adultery be allowed to be in control of nuclear weapons?

What if this regime decides that Christianity is punishable by death, would you want them in charge of nuclear weapons?

I wouldn't

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Too right. These people who want Iran to be nuked are basically saying they want all the innocent people, who are brutally treated by the Iranian regime, to be killed. They dont seem to care, I be they'll bet jerking off over news reports of mushroom clouds in Tehran.
edit on 27-12-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Economic sanctions create inner turmoil and can lead to destabilization, avoiding this would keep Iran's focus inside its own borders to prevent the appearance (or reality) of weakness. An internally weak Iran; consider the opportunity, both inside and outside of the country.

edit on 27-12-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think Iran may be betting that our current "follower in chief" is so reluctant to use force that he will not do anything even if the oil supply is shut off. The "red line" is going to be if Iran attacks or sinks one of our ships with the loss of American sailors' lives. The American people will absolutely not let that go unanswered. 0bama will be forced to do something or he will be crushed in the upcoming election.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The first poster and others are right. Iran has avoided a military showdown with Israel and the west. The reason is quite simple and it's because they're basically a bunch of cowards. I'm sure they read these posts and get reports back on them. So go ahead cowards talk all you wish.

When push comes to shove they have no spine, guts or common sense. It wouldn't take nukes to knock out most of their navy in 24 hours. The question is would they escalate a theater action to the point of all out war. Then nukes would be employed by somebody and Iran will be gone.

I don't think they're that stupid myself so this is an interesting threat but it's still a what if?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join