It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: The most hypnotic voices in broadcasting.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Alan Rickman:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I used to love hearing Tommy Vance on the friday rock show, bbc radio 1, 1978 right though to the 90s. It was the only show exclusively given to heavy metal and rock. He had a nice voice.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Well I have two. And I swear these two men could talk me into ANYTHING, just because of the power behind their voice.

The first is Frank Abagnale Jr, as popularized in the movie Catch Me if You Can.

he became one of the most famous impostors ever,[3] claiming to have assumed no fewer than eight separate identities as an airline pilot, a doctor, a U.S. Bureau of Prisons agent, and a lawyer. He escaped from police custody twice (once from a taxiing airliner and once from a U.S. federal penitentiary), before he was 21 years old.[4]

Wikipedia

You can hear his voice in this two minute Youtube of his appearance on the 1970s show To Tell the Truth:

Youtube

And the second one would be Alan Rickman, now popularized as Snape in the Harry Potter films. But he was famous before that as well.

He is a renowned stage actor in modern and classical productions and a former member of the Royal Shakespeare Company. His breakout performance was as the Vicomte de Valmont in Les Liaisons Dangereuses, for which he was nominated for a Tony Award. Rickman is known for his film performances as Hans Gruber in Die Hard, Severus Snape in the Harry Potter film series, Eamon de Valera in Michael Collins, and Metatron in Dogma. Rickman has also had a number of other notable film roles such as the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Jamie in Truly, Madly, Deeply, P.L. O'Hara in An Awfully Big Adventure and Colonel Brandon in Ang Lee's 1995 film Sense and Sensibility. More recently, he played Judge Turpin in the film adaptation of Stephen Sondheim's musical of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

Wikipedia

You can hear his voice in the Youtube talking about the Snape role (Rickman starts talking at 20 seconds)

Youtube
edit on 3/27/12 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join