It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirlian photography

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
Odd

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I am sure many of you have, in the past, heard or read of the phenomenon commonly known as Kirlian photography, whereby a photograph taken of an object under certain special conditions will return an image of the object outlined in what looks like electrical discharge.

The interesting bit is that if a living object is somehow mutilated (for instance, if a leaf is torn in half, or a human hand is missing a finger due to an injury) the Kirlian image appears to represent the object in its whole, natural form. These 'phantom limbs' are thought by many to represent a sort of etheric or astral double to the physical object. Skeptics claim that the phenomenon is due mainly to fraud, but they say a lot of things... indeed, on the very same website where I read the fraud explanation, I read the entry immediately prior, which concerned the concept of karma... the author went into a needlessly impassioned, mud-slinging rant claiming that the idea of karma makes a mockery of modern social justice (which, indeed, it does).

So, the skeptics don't look very credible right now. What do the rest of you know about this phenomenon, and do you believe that it truly is proof of a non-physical counterpart to the material body?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Absolutely. I'd like to have my picture taken using this method, but I haven't found anyone locally that will do it. Ever since I first read about this phenomenon I thought it supported the notion that there's more to life than meets the eye. I was real into ghost hunting at the time.

Here's a couple of links to 'aura' pictures using Kirlian photography.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

www.ascendpress.org...

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think Kirlian photography is the real deal. I would love to have my picture taken in this manner.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have heard of this and seen photos taken that way .
Ps missing parts still showing up? humm i lost a finger and my right eye is in as bad way as well so your saying there still there even though there not?

Odd

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I would encourage you to have a Kirlian examination done, then... if you can find out where to get it. Perhaps this will provide some evidence to the board as to whether or not this is the real deal... personally, I've been wondering for years.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Cool...!
I'm familiar with these.
I think one Researchers name was Thelma Moss, or something like that.
Did a Science project on this, back in high school.
Still have the photos, I will dig them out, and post them in the future.
I made notations on the back, So I'll add those as captions..

I built the camera myself BTW.....

I even had two folks go into a dark room, and Kiss, while taking photos of the fingertips....Now is THAT weird, or what? LOL

Odd

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
That's awesome, Spacedoubt. I'd love to see the photos.

There are a lot of sites out there with photos, but, like any phenomenon like this, not all of them are credible. I'd love to see some results from an independent ATSer, though.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm on it!

I know where one of the old photos is. When I get home later, I'll post it..
Then I'll locate the others, I know I have them...Just have to find them..

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It is pretty fascinating stuff. I don't know if it means a spirit is following us around but it certainly gives creedence to the idea that we emit some type of energy force which I don't doubt we do.

It also seems to give some proof to peoples claims that they can see or sense another persons 'aura'. I was always skeptical of these claims but maybe some people do indeed have an ability to see what is being pictured to some extent. The jury is still out with me but its definitely intriguing.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The following is from my Psy book by David Myers, and I think it is relevant to the auraos and by the way I am skeptic in all matters and will not believe it unless I have found enough "true" proof.

"Randi: Do you see an aura around my head?
Aura-seer: Yes, indeed.
Randi: Can you still see tha aura if I put this magazine in front of my face?
Aura-seer: Of course.
Randi: Then if I were to step behind a wall barely taller than I am, you could determine my locatin from the aura visible above my head, right?"

What do you guys think?

"Randi tells me that no aura-seer has yet agreed to take this simple test."

Randi = Magician James Randi who has tested and debunked a variety of psychic phenomena.
Chapter 1: Thinking Critically with Psychological Science P17

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I read that kirlian photography had it's origins with scientist Nicola Tesla in the 1890's when he did his first experiments. I believe this topic includes the pics with a strange light around say the edges of objects such as leaves etc. I wasn't able to find any of those pics at this time though. I found out about the origin of kirlian photography though within this link.

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Randi's funny...always enjoy his comments!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weller
Randi's funny...always enjoy his comments!

Randi is ready to pay a million dolars to anyone who is willing to prove his/her psychi's abilities, under control conditions that is.

Let us play Debuk the Psychics *Insert Regis Voice here*

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I thought the origins of kirlian photography started to have something to do with electromagnetism or electric charges and a purely scientific approach to creating film effects. I wonder how this evolved into the psychic realm.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I thought the origins of kirlian photography started to have something to do with electromagnetism or electric charges and a purely scientific approach to creating film effects. I wonder how this evolved into the psychic realm.

Someone mentioned auraos and I replied back to auraos, as I mentioned, not to Kirlian photography. I know too little of it to even make a educated guess.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by orionthehunter

Someone mentioned auraos and I replied back to auraos, as I mentioned, not to Kirlian photography. I know too little of it to even make a educated guess.

I mentioned, but I wasn't saying it was real in the sense that others say it is which is why I put it in quotes. I was saying that if this is indeed a true science of some sort that people who claim to see auras are actually somehow in tune with what these camera's are able to capture, thus making it a scientific happening that explain what they are seeing rather than it being something spiritual in nature.

I was actually trying to debunk auras to some degree, and this offered one possible explanation to do so.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
There is definitely a form of energy that is generated by the human body which extends slightly beyond the skin. It is possible to use this energy via focused intention to manipulate candle flames, for example.

I have had psychotic patients verbalize my "aura" to me, within minutes of each other- each describing the same exact color patterns (even though they had no contact with each other during the interim). Strangely it seems that being able to see an "aura" is associated with a feeling of extreme happiness- all 3 patients could not contain their smiles when I asked them if they had this ability. One specific thing I was told is that "its like the ocean because it moves like waves".

Whether this "aura" can be reliably photographed is an entirely different issue: Often the photographs are so expensive (or the lines are so long) that it is nearly impossible to take multiples.

I'd like to have at least 30 subjects have 30 photographs taken in 1-minute intervals and see how much statistical variance there is in terms of colors, etc.

Incidentally I have seen "aura" photographs of humans, tissue boxes, mounds of dirt, animals, dead animals, and dead fish. There does not appear to be a consistency- evidently the photographic technique involves the generation of an electrified field that is presented between the lens and the film. Therefore one would expect that this would produce results regardless of the subject in front of the lens. This is definitely something that science needs to examine in more controlled settings before we can make any conclusive statements.

I think James Randi is just upset because he can't do his milk-jug escape act anymore

MK

[edit on 10-9-2004 by MKULTRA]

E_T

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well, brains control human body using electrical impulses, (which travels in chemical form between neurons) but inside them they're completely electrical charges.

If I remember right some fish's have ability to detect others by detecting their electric field. I think electric eel is one of them.

LOL... just thought have anyone taken picture of its "aura".

www.all-science-fair-projects.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Spacedoubt, you mentioned that you built the camera yourself. I'd love to know how you did this. I might try it myself.
I've been to some psychic fairs where they were taking these types of pictures, but I hadn't done so, as the cost was something like $70 upwards. Thought it was a bit too pricey, for something I know little about.
But if the camera can be built, well why not?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I do believe in this, and quite a lot indeed, but I think this is full of poorly photoshopped images...
I'd love to know how to build a kirlian camera though!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join