It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is under the moon right now? 12/27/11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

No, I understand completely. I dont think you see what Im saying. The op is implying that both bodies are near the moon. Therefore, similar distance as Venus to the moon. What Im saying is that Moon/Venus is not even in the same hemisphere as Jupiter. If you go outside, locate the moon (you'll be facing west i hope). Now, turn 180 deg, and look half that angle in the sky, and you'll find Jupiter. Nowhere near... I think the op is seeing Venus and Sadalmelik.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

I dunno what you're looking at then, but when I looked earlier this evening it looked like this very poor paint drawing:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Actually, that looks more like Sadachbia. According to your drawing, Sadalmelik would be about half way between the moon and 'J', and Sadachbia is exactly where the 'J' is. Trust me, Jupiter is at a 90 degree angle from Venus from our perspective.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Depends on where you are (northern/southern hemisphere) but in the northern we're seeing something like this after sunset.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

Mate, I looked at it earlier with my telescope, like I do every clear night, I know I am right.

Edit: Here is a photo I took in summer, featuring the very same 'scope

edit on 27/12/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Looks like you have Jupiter way too close to the Moon.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh bugger off, it was a quick drawing :-p

Greatest respect though Phage, nice to know someone else here takes time to actually learn things and teach others.

All the best.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Looks like you have Jupiter way too close to the Moon.

That would be precisely how i seen it here earlier! so then the object on the left which i still sees here now is jupiter shining proud and venus was positioned the same way it is on that image...damn you guys are good lol.

oh and btw im in st. johns, newfoundland.
edit on 27-12-2011 by AvireX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AvireX
Whatever it is its follwing the moon right under in coordination as time goes by. i wish i knew more about space :/

This is from Lake Couchiching, that is between Lakes Ontario and Huron.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join