It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Media Assassins on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I am by no means a die hard Ron Paul supporter.. Consider me undecided. I make my decision election day, and that is my decision alone.

However I cannot help but notice a huge influx of negative Ron Paul threads being started on ATS. They are almost all started by Users with under 50 posts. I believe they are signing up just to start negative threads about Ron Paul, to sway the internets opinion...

I think someone should do something to prevent this from happening... Its frustrating that they may be getting paid to make posts.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
'round these here parts...we calls 'em shills, trolls and just plain 'ol low class peoples...

Peace

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

That's one of the downsides of Freedom of Speech. On the one hand I deplore the situation, but on the other I think it may be a good thing in the long run.

I look at it this way: If it were that easy to turn RP's supporters around and make them hate him or stop supporting him--well, then, maybe there's something serious wrong with him after all. But you can see by the spirit of the debates that ATS has some STRONG supporters; they know RP's positions, they know his reasons, they know his history, and they know what they're talking about. If anything I think the whole thing is extremely instructive for those who may be on the fence.

So I say: Bring it on!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Meh, we know who they are. Those of us who are still rational thinking humans will make the right choice anyway.

The members of ATS are masters of deciphering propaganda, so I'm not worried. Besides, a lie is more indicative of the truth than the truth itself.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

That's funny...I've seen an influx of new members that are Ron Paul supporters that just flood Ron Paul threads with generic. "I agree...Ron Paul 2012" posts.

Or they go into Ron Paul threads that expose some of his negatives and they just try to derail the thread.

I guess it is happening on both sides...or do you think it is only happening one way???

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You know I'm not sure. It really might just be happening due to the Televised media picking into him lately..

Still though. Something seems fishy

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I see way more pro ron paul threads here than negative ones. Most of them saying the exact same thing, good wwy to get your star and flag count up i guess. All you have to do is start a thread saying how bad people that dont support him are and your bound to get a gazillion flags.

Just my observation though.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This kind of thing happens fairly often and the truth is that it isn't the result of any kind of concerted effort by any sort of shadow group. It's just cause and effect. Something becomes news worthy, such as an election. People form their own opinions, usually becoming very polarized in the process... Then they hit the Interwebz and shoot off a Google search. Since ATS is a major Internet site, we tend to be at the top of the list of results for many searches. That leads people to our doorstep.

Once here, they do what people like to do... They voice their opinions.

Discord doesn't require conspiracy. All it does require is more than one person.

~Heff

new topics

top topics

join