It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxation In a Democracy - Is it legally binding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Here's a question, can any democratic government ever force you to pay tax to the soverign/crown by law? I do not think they can if they stick to the true meaning of the word democracy. If you are born into a society that is not by choice, but you are born to the lands upon you arrive. What gives any man or any government the right to say that to live in these lands that you must pay to do so. I am not saying that if you choose to not pay tax that you can use the hospitals, ect ect. But I am saying that you should legally have the right to take from the land what you need to live. Borders and boundries are man made and you are born into a world that is already artificially chopped up and dished out leaving you with nothing. this is not how god intended it to be, god intended us to live from our surroundings and anything that you can find is yours for the taking.

Now for the legalities, should somebody have the resource to take the state to court on the grounds that they choose to not accept the society thrust upon them by birth and choosing a nomadic life living from the land, then what possible way could the said government oppose this without going against the pure form of democracy or breaching human rights laws? I would hazard a guess that they could not. Lets start a movement to abolish paying our taxes, I am sick to death of every penny I earn going to either the state or to those that are already rich and I being left with diddly squat. I have nothing to lose apart from the shackles of technology that is here to keep me locked into this prison they call society and civilisation.

Take me back to the wild before I go stirr crazy, all those agree say aye.

Thank you and good night.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You can have taxation in democracy. You can't really have it in bourgeois liberty though. Unfortunately no system with government, whether it be kings or representatives can be voluntary. It is forced through common consent and the nature of humans since the man claimed a field as his own land.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
AYE

I believe the 16th amendment was never ratified by any state, so filing at the end of thee year is null and void right.

I also believe that if you have a job you are a legalized slave! own your business your a slave owner!

the only argument with those point of views are, higher pay, and if you don't like it you can quit.

I say cut your SS# in half with a letter to the Feds, that has a big smiley face that says I'm gone F^%k you.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I do not mind paying taxes, IF the money is not misused or used against the well being of us all. And most of it is, so I'll say "aye". For the time being, for as long as the actual system is active and there is no change for better in sight, actually the reverse...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by trisvonbis

Since the last world war Society has gone from great and steadily declined to greed and self service. The money poured into the system from the tax payer is widely abused and those big corporations keep on squeezing us all just so that they can add another 0 to their bank balance. How long are we to be enslaved by the government and their currency, when do we all wake up and realise that we would be better off without them. Time to say good bye to the government, lets all bind together as people, citizens, human beings and all pull together. I will sew a field with seed and harvest the corn. You excavate some stone from the ground, lets then put our resources together and share them. We don't need technology, we don't need medicen. We will find natural remidies to our problems and when the maker decides it is our time we should look forward to the better worlds that await us.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I suppose you are correct in that a man could live off the land and not have to pay taxes... i think however as soon as 5 or more maybe even 2 or more people come into contact there would become the possibilties of a power struggle for food or water, and the bigger , stronger would take over your sources. Of course they may allow you to have access to them for a small fee or kill you outright. I think taxes have been implemented from years of trial and error of human survival.

Its not the taxes that are the problem. its the misuse of the money by those that the taxes are being collected for. Or the blatant misuse of power by the entities collecting the taxes... the IRS or Revenue Canada for example. and the amount of taxes being collected to finance this misspending...

As a small business owner, or micro business owner in my case. Trust me, i am not a slave owner. I own a small painting business, and for every 4500 dollars an employee makes it costs me approximately 1000 dollars out of my pocket to operate within the boundaries of the rediculous tax system. Out of that 4500 he collects he will pay approximately 1400 in taxes leaving him with 3100... 1400 taken from him plus the 1000 it costs me is 2400 dollars to the governement . So for every 3100 he makes the government gets 2400. never mind the 8 hours a month i spend setting up for him... doing payroll, bla bla.

I struggle every month as a small business owner to operate legitimately,,, the tax burden is crushing for most....i have been audited and had penalties, interest and even a bill for 1400 dollars given to me from the tax collectors, and when i questioned i was accused of operating a second business and that it be best i pay the bill to avoid the consequences of being suspected of operating a second business ...

Yet an energy company like Just Energy can multilevel market its sales of power and gas, absolving itself of any employee tax expense at all... and leaving the system void of tax dollars because most of the money generated by multi level marketing ( like amway) goes undeclared... so in a society where huge tax potential like energy sales can be ignored and small painting businesses slowly crushed i would guess it will eventually cave in ... at that time we will be forced to live off the land, tax free finally, in an anarchist like society... untill someone stronger then you decides he wants your resources but will allow you access to them for a small fee, of course....

edit on 1-1-2012 by jimmysimpson because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2012 by jimmysimpson because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2012 by jimmysimpson because: sorry, just noticed this part as it is my first time posting, i didnt like my wording... should have previewed first... will pay attention to that from now on ....

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well, think about it this way. You can try living on the land, and likely, no one will come after you for a while. But if they do, and they try to arrest you, who has the bigger guns and who will be able to overpower the other? Technically, any land within the borders of the US is "owned" by the US (minus things like Indian reservations and whatnot) and as such, if they say that taxes need to be paid, then taxes need to be paid because they have conquered the land you live on. If you try to revolt, you'll be overpowered, because you live within the borders of their country.

I personally think borders are man-made lines that are meaningless, but the dominant social paradigm is that for some reason we need to secure ourselves in this fictional box and not let anyone in or anyone out. Because of that, it is virtually impossible to escape taxes, because where on Earth, literally, can you go to be out of the authority of a country? International waters? Some island somewhere? Antarctica? The Arctic? Countries, as we conceive of them today, need money to function, and countries can generally overpower their people, so since we're stuck living in countries, we're stuck paying taxes. The only way out of it is a revolution which leads to true anarchy, and at that point, money would be pretty well useless anyways.
edit on 1/1/2012 by spacekc929 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join