It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine Words that Destroyed America (Ref: NDAA Defense Spending Hitler)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am very happy to see people talking about this!!

As a resident "person who cares and is knowledgeable" (aka Conspiracy Theorist) amongst my friends a large number of people have opened conversations with me about the NDAA saying things such as "What is going on? is it really that bad?"

It is really that bad. Although this has been shown in many different threads my attempt here is to make a very small amount of data available to the common person, non-researcher who is curious about the state of America and willing to talk about it! (pertaining to the NDAA only).

Here's what happened, and why people are talking...

Some people in our government wrote a 682-page Defense Spending Bill, to help pay our troops, buy guns or whatever they need money for. Deep within that Bill were two sections under Subtitle D - Detainee Matters that addressed taking people into custody without a trial. Section 1031 and 1032 are written to allude that they are talking about terrorists and people associated with the Taliban and al-Qaeda. Whether you think alleged terrorists deserve a trial should be debatable but HERE'S where the problem lies....

Nine words, hidden within section 1031 (b) (2), amongst a few commas and an "or"...

"including any person who has committed a belligerent act [or]

THIS STATEMENT ALONE is the end of America... it means, in plain English, that ANY PERSON in the entire world who acts "belligerent" (or angry) can be detained for life, without a lawyer, without trial.

Did you let that sink in??

So, to not look like a conspiracy nut or have your friends and family disown you for speaking up, simply put the following on your Facebook, emails, tell it to friends....

Our goverment is passing a Law that allows them to put anyone in jail for any reason, and we will no longer have the right to an attorney. I find this pretty scary and have contacted my elected Representatives because I think this needs to be changed before people start getting hurt.

It's called the Defense Spending Authorization Act, or NDAA Senate Bill 1867. If you wanna look it up it's on the government's website.

Government Printing Office. Refer to page 359; Subtitle D - Detainee Matters; Section 1031 (b) (2)

The President may sign this Bill today and make it official - it has already been passed by both the House and Senate. Pass this around to everyone you know! We have TODAY to help make this known.

edit on 27-12-2011 by Thermo Klein because: relevant typo

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

NDAA Defense Spending Authorization Act

"including any person who has committed a belligerent act [or]"
Senate Bill 1867, Subtitle D, Section 1031 (b) (2).
Nine words that destroyed America....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
wow!

i need to say more to avoid a crabby message from the mods, but seriously...

WOW

is the only way I know to convey how shocked about this I am.

home of the fee. land of the slave

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It's destroying the America that they have engineered over the past 100 years, it's setting us up for a new America. I say it's setting us for a new one because laws like these will have the states and people of this country doubting the leadership that is currently in power. It will lead to a revolt at some point in our lives and we'll have the chance to bring power back to the people and the states.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.

In aid of such enemy forces

It means people who acted belligerently to help terrorist forces. I don't think it has anything to do with ordinary citizens.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I am so glad for threads like this that continue to break the NDAA down to the nitty gritty. I personally have not read the entire bill myself; I am scatterbrained and it's extremely hard for me to pay attention long enough to sit there and read it thoroughly.

This sheds additional light to how bad this bill really is.

Too bad I don't have a Facebook, or I'd be spreading this all over the place.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by celebration

I haven't read it all either - it's a lot of pages!! But I have read Section 1031 and 1032.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.

In aid of such enemy forces

It means people who acted belligerently to help terrorist forces. I don't think it has anything to do with ordinary citizens.

Laws are written like this on purpose. The point is to make you think it's only talking about terrorists but in fact three different areas make it pertain to ANY person in the world. The "or associated forces" which can be attributed to any person in any group, the fact that they no longer require a trial for those arrested means they don't need evidence, and also the placement of the comma and the "or" .... , including any person... [or]"

All three of these reasons mean they no longer need proof of association to arrest any person, for life.

edit on 27-12-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Whenever it involves a spending bill, those involved in getting the votes to pass it would sell their souls to make it happen.

That is what has destroyed America.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
disregard - looking for more up-to-date source from Presidential signature...

and since he's already in Hawaii on vacation, I wonder if he'll be signing this today?

edit on 27-12-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I guess the question I would ask is, "what is 'belligerent?'" Is this a legal term, whereby everyone agrees to what the term means? For example, we all agree what an hour is. We all agree when something is stolen. I don't really know what belligerent means. I have seen people at sporting events behave in a totally belligerent manner after drinking too much, they are surrounded by thousands of people - could they be what this is talking about? Are sporting events fraught with potential detainees?

I would ask this rhetorical question as well: why does this very confusing, yet potentially planet altering legislation get buried in a 600 page bill? Would they be trying to hide this information for some reason?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The NDAA is written in legal language and not common English. Thus in order to understand what it truly says, you will need Blacks Legal Dictionary to discover the words meaning. The way it is written basically says that they can do whatever they desire and you have no recourse. However, people will still believe what they want too irrespective of the truth of the matter and as long as it does not effect them directly today physically they don't see a problem.

new topics

top topics

join