It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

believers in jesus...please explain this..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
reply to post by DIDtm

Here's another one:
The Messiah was to be a descendent of King David, but King David was an ancestor of Joseph. If Jesus was the son of "god", then how is Christ a descendent of David?

This one is simple. The human body/bloodline/physical form was a descendant of David. The spirit/life force/soul was the Son of God.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Tao is like the ocean. The ocean is lower than all rivers, yet all rivers flow into it.

This is how I explain it. Words are always disputed while analogy and symbolism are universal, assuming there is a base reference.

For followers of Christ, He is the way back the source. The source being the ocean in the above example.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I have heard of this too. I remember someone telling me that there were cave drawings of a Christ Like figure found in Native American territory. Supposedly, he appeared around the world after he rose from the dead.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Yes. The Mayans never went anywhere, they just intermingled with other tribes and colonies. The man who painted the famous Denver International Airport murals is a mayan descendant.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

The floods were caused by the melt of the last ice age

These floods have been recorded all around the world from the South Americas to Asia. It was not at all what the bible made it out to be. I do understand for these people how they couldn't explain what just happened to attribute this disaster as angry god.

edit on 27/12/11 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Paul teaches "Sin is not imputed where there is no law" and that "By the law is the knowledge of sin".

Christ also lectures quite frequently on what is required to enter the kingdom, and it mainly deals with following the SPIRIT of the law given the jews by god, and otherwise how one responds to their conscience and following the will of god - not necessarily the later-adopted teaching of Paul emphasizing acceptance of Christ specifically.

Revelation also teaches that at judgement, man will be judged according to what he has done as written in the books (and not necessarily on a knowing acceptance of Christ), so as far as I can tell from the teachings of Christ and the general words of the bible overall, it's all about your response to the call of god on your heart, conscience knowledge aside - and as Christ also taught that the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to the little children, I'm pretty sure they'll be judged accordingly as in a state of innocence.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
reply to post by IAMIAM

Yes. The Mayans never went anywhere, they just intermingled with other tribes and colonies. The man who painted the famous Denver International Airport murals is a mayan descendant.

There is the answer...

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I am a christian because I was born in a state that is mostly christian therfore my parents brought me up that way.

Im sure its the same with any other religion, and i cant imagine any loving god condeming a whole mass of people to eternal fire that burns the flesh from their bones and they scream for 1000 of years because they were born in the wrong country or time line.
before humans had boats and sailed the oceans to share ideas with each other; every land mass believed in some sort of god. its like its in humans dna or something. Because of this reason I am confident that god lets each continent view him through their culture. It would be the only logical explanation for the question the op has posed.

I mean really...doesnt anyone find it a strange coincidence that the whole planet was just like "Hey lets start believing in a magical man that rules the universe"?
edit on 27-12-2011 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2011 by Foxy1 because: syntax

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

God will judge all with true impartiality and justice.

Thing is, none of us are innocent under His law, so I don't think anyone gets a pardon.

Following Jesus doesn't make us innocent. Jesus just stood in proxy for us, taking our punishment. We are still guilty of breaking the law.

When someone throws you a lifeline, it isn't the time to mention all the other people in the water.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seed76
reply to post by k1k1to

my question is? what about the mayans? the ancient egyptians? the incas? cavemen etc...what about them? how were they to accept jesus christ as their savior when he wasnt even born yet? are they to live in eternal hell for this?

I will refer you to read Romans 2. In there, there is a passage which basically says : Therefore, even Gentiles - people not under the Law of Moses, those who do not know of Christ - have an internal law from God, the natural law written in their hearts, according to which God will judge them.

Hope that helps.

I totaly agree with this. Otherwise I would have to think that reincarnation was real by nessessity.

Peace
edit on 27-12-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
according to many religions...mostly christianity

the way to avoid damnation and eternal punishment in hell....is to accept jesus christ as your lord and savior.

my question is? what about the mayans? the ancient egyptians? the incas? cavemen etc...what about them? how were they to accept jesus christ as their savior when he wasnt even born yet? are they to live in eternal hell for this?

how were the natives living in north america supposed to know jesus was born? why was he born in a certain part of the planet, and not the other? that doesnt seem fair..

i hate paradoxes

It says in the Bible that when Christ descended into the Earth after He died on the cross that He preached to the souls in prison there. That tells me that He gave His message to those who died before He came to Earth.

link   
Christians are delusional, how can you try and get someone to believe using the bible!???

If someone doesnt believe in Jesus how stupid are you to tell them to read the bible if they dnt believe!??? lol just plain stupid i guess

God is Nature, anything that goes against nature or natural things is the "devil" in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I suggest you read the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

It explains every question the OP has, and expands on it.

In basic terms, those that go to hell do not go for ever, even they will be reborn again once their time in hell is over.

Its about attaining Nirvana, and for some, Jesus can be the way to achieve this, but its also not the only way.

Read the Tibetan Book of the Dead. I like this link:
www.near-death.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Really? The last ice age the ice melted so fast that it produced the volume of water needed to create a canyon?? lol That's a super fast thawing out.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by k1k1to
according to many religions...mostly christianity

the way to avoid damnation and eternal punishment in hell....is to accept jesus christ as your lord and savior.

how were the natives living in north america supposed to know jesus was born? why was he born in a certain part of the planet, and not the other? that doesnt seem fair..

i hate paradoxes

It says in the Bible that when Christ descended into the Earth after He died on the cross that He preached to the souls in prison there. That tells me that He gave His message to those who died before He came to Earth.

According to the bible that YOU believe in he did NOT die on a CROSS, he died on a tree. read Acts 5:30, of course theres the revised version that says the cross just google it or research.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Same energy different times of existence....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkinJo
Christians are delusional, how can you try and get someone to believe using the bible!???

If someone doesnt believe in Jesus how stupid are you to tell them to read the bible if they dnt believe!??? lol just plain stupid i guess

God is Nature, anything that goes against nature or natural things is the "devil" in my opinion.

EVERYTHING is found in nature.

If it is not in nature, where is it?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
In dealing with the flood myth, one just has to look at the etymology of the word "world", which means (paraphrasing) known area, hence "the new world" upon the discovery of the Americas by Europe... which is also a falsehood as the Americas had already been visited by Europeans hundreds, if not a thousand years earlier by the Irish, but I digress.
Likely, Noah's part of the world flooded for whatever reason, and that is all that happened in that circumstance. The rest of the planet was fine at the time. In order for the entire planet to flood at once, there would have to be so much moisture added to our atmosphere that breathing alone would cause people to drown.
That being said; I'm still inclined to believe that the flood story was borrowed from older myths, since so much more of the bible was borrowed as well.

edit on 27-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by freedomSlave

Really? The last ice age the ice melted so fast that it produced the volume of water needed to create a canyon?? lol That's a super fast thawing out.

No No No No the ice sheet moved slowly across the canyon to carve it out. Just like ice sheets do now.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My favorite passage from the bible, and one I wish more Christians would utilize:

"When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all reward they will ever get. But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you." ~Matthew 6:9:13

edit on 27-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join