It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

believers in jesus...please explain this..

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy
Are you implying the words of a person are separate from their motivation for saying it? A faith system was created while the man was still living. Are you afraid of the challenge against the life of Budhha? Is it uncomfortable when you consider what he did?

Do not do as the Pharisees and scribes do, but do what they say.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 30-12-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Are you implying the words of a person are separate from their motivation for saying it? A faith system was created while the man was still living. Are you afraid of the challenge against the life of Budhha? Is it uncomfortable when you consider what he did?

With Love,

Your Brother

No, don't even do what hypocrites say my friend, leave them to be "wise in their own conceits." If they have a crisis of stated belief contrasted with their actions then that an indicator of mental instability.

Or you'll appreciate this proverb (Not to be confused with Biblical Proverbs):

"Christians, do not show me your tracts, what will really convince me is watching your tracks!"

edit on 30-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

With Love,

Your Brother

No, don't even do what hypocrites say my friend, leave them to be "wise in their own conceits." If they have a crisis of stated belief contrasted with their actions then that an indicator of mental instability.

Or you'll appreciate this proverb (Not to be confused with Biblical Proverbs):

"Christians, do not show me your tracts, what will really convince me is watching your tracks!"

I am sorry you disagree my friend. I was only using the WORD of your Lord and Savior.

Take your disagreement to him.

1Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 2Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 3All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. 4For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, 6And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

But He also says their father is the devil, that their converts are twice the sons of hell that they are, and the blind will lead the blind into a ditch. I'd suggest following Christ's teachings AND example, leave the hypocrites to be "wise in their own conceits".

These same scribes and Pharisees said Christ wasn't the Messiah, they also said He worked His miracles not by the anointing and power of the Holy Spirit, but by beelzebub. Should we take heed to those words of the scribes and Pharisees as well?

What about my proverb I included above? I thought you would like that one.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I'd suggest following Christ's teachings AND example, leave the hypocrites to be "wise in their own conceits"

What really puzzles me more than that is an unbeliever will stand upon Biblical principles to argue against Biblical principles.

As you wish my friend.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by HeavenWolf

Well you can call it by whatever name you want.. Lucifer, Lilith, Satan, Azazel. But look, The lament of Tyre . . .

The King of Tyre was being compared to Adam, in Ezekiel 28:12-13

You were the sealer of perfection,
full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
You were in Eden, the garden of God.

not Satan.
edit on 27-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

You didn't finish the quote.

What about all that stuff about the King of Tyre being the annointed covering angel?

See what you did there, you misquoted a tiny segment of the scripture to support your view. Satan did that too when he tempted Jesus. Didn't work there either.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

You conveniently leave out the post where I explain that Ezekiel jumps from one analogy to another.
That I mention Adam should be an indication that what I am interested in this passage in Ezekiel is the part that has to do with the Garden of Eden.
Now can you show me the exact point in Ezekiel where it transitions from the Eden analogy into another analogy?
I pointed out, which you ignore in your fervor for comparing me to Satan, that I was quoting on purpose the part which is clearly about Eden.

edit on 30-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

With Love,

Your Brother

That is because they were in the judgement seat, divinely mandated. Guess who have been assigned authority this time around? The Catholic Church. Do you head His words and listen to them or someone not given any divine authority like Buddha?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
When you accept jesus or any other deity as your lord and savior you become the property of same.
You should not give your soul to any tinpot god, you should keep it as your own.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mwuhi

I can imagine downsides to being a devotee of some gods but I fail to appreciate what the downside could be when the deity, as you say, is Jesus, unless you take in along with that name every person who claims to be operating under his authority, and in that case you are involving more than merely a single divine entity.

edit on 31-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

. . . divinely mandated. Guess who have been assigned authority this time around? The Catholic Church.
Or, what you are talking about is civilization.
If you are of a city, and you have a dispute, you and the other party would walk through the city gate of your nearby town that you are affiliated with, and inside the gates you would find the elders siting about in a rough circular fashion. You and your adversary would stand in the midst of this august assembly and present your case.
Jesus was talking about the same concept but in the specifics, in place of wise old men, you had men wise in their own estimation thanks to learning in the "sacred" writings which the ordinary old man would have none of, so they take those seats of the judges, puffed up by their self-importance.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwuhi
When you accept jesus or any other deity as your lord and savior you become the property of same.

That's fantastic news!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!

HalleluYAH!!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

And yet he never said disobey them. People who have problem with authority should think about that.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Or do as the NT suggests, which is settle disputes among yourselves.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Do you head His words and listen to them or someone not given any divine authority like Buddha?

I AM his words made flesh.

It is your own judgement that blocks your view from seeing what I am saying.

You would not recognize Christ if he shook your hand.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Christianity has "hell" as one of its immovable foundations. Christianity came from the Jewish religion. The Jewish religion doesn't believe in hell. Please logically explain that and then explain that from Christianities viewpoint.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by banishedfromthisarea

Judea became a Persian province and picked up a lot of Zoroastrian religious beliefs during that time period, just as it did from Greek influence after that became the next empire to absorb the Judean region.
That doesn't really answer your question and maybe it is the wrong question, which maybe should be: Why does the Old Testament not reflect what was actually believed by people living in Palestine in the time of Jesus?
The answer is: religious conservatism within the religious class hierarchy.

edit on 1-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by banishedfromthisarea

Judea became a Persian province and picked up a lot of Zoroastrian religious beliefs during that time period, just as it did from Greek influence after that became the next empire to absorb the Judean region.
That doesn't really answer your question and maybe it is the wrong question, which maybe should be: Why does the Old Testament not reflect what was actually believed by people living in Palestine in the time of Jesus?
The answer is: religious conservatism within the religious class hierarchy.

edit on 1-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

No, no, you answered the question completely. The point of the question and answer was to demonstrate that the Jewish religion and the Christian religion "evolved". And, by "evolved", I mean, were an evolution at the hand of man, not God. Thank you for your input.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Keep reinterpreting His words like that to suit your pantheistic fantasies. I think you will be shocked when judgement time rolls around.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You would not recognize Christ if he shook your hand.

That's fantastic news!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!

HalleluYAH!!!!!

Keep reinterpreting His words like that to suit your pantheistic fantasies.

Another question for all you believers in jesus.
Why are you so condescending and hateful?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join