It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings up with venus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

That very large charge is what some of us suspect is coming. I believe that energy is inward bound. Not to mention other things, other discharges, cycles. For I believe Sirius star system has something to do with ours.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Dutchsinse often covers this sort of thing.

He says it is comet Lovejoy which was hit by something and split into two.

Here is the link: www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I see Sirus interesting. I think these types of celestial activities happen often in the universal spin of things (ALL thru the universe) and its just more on this sphere are aware to it. I personally dont try and let things disturbe my mindstates for if they are normal activities INTELLIGENT
or not they have always occured. I just wish and concentrate on the best outcomes no matter what goes on for ALL in the end/ beginning Unity_99. I do find the recent LOVEJOY to be an interesting celestial with the way it managed to go thru such a tempred environment and make it thru. Dont want to doom and gloom but maybe there are OTHER celestial objects inteligent or not around having effects on the celestial bodies of SOLSYSTEM. In time I guess we shall ALL see my friend..

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Benchkey

Very unlikely, please see page 2 where I posted the position of the comet and the B satellite/Venus

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I've been viewing Venus and Jupiter as of late..can not tell you what it is, has me perplexed. Almost reminds me of a tiny solar flare. Sort of reminds me of the Comet Shoemaker-Levy hitting Jupiter. It is not out of the realm.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Looking at the raw image, there doesn't seem to be anything going on. Yes, that's the full sized image. We need the high quality science data to get more detail.

I expect it's a processing artifact.

It's a lens flare. The processing they do dramatically enhances the appearance of faint low contrast features including lens flares off of bright planets like Venus. I did a (very rough) processing of the beacon images from the 18th and the 27th, making a pseudo-dark using data from 4 days prior to bring out the flare:
Image from today:
www.4shared.com...
Image from the 18th:
www.4shared.com...
The high quality data from the 18th is clearly your classic Venus lens flare:
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...
It's not as easy to tell with the jpg versions of the beacon images, but when you process the raw fits of the beacons using pseudo-dark subtraction you can see it's the same type of lens flare as on the 18th, it's just the process is repeating itself in reverse as Venus leaves the field of view. If I have some time tonight I'll redo the processing more carefully by making a better pseudo-dark and use curves adjustment to the histogram without clipping it instead of clipping the heck out of it with a quick levels adjustment.
edit on 27-12-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

thanks for the effort but i dont see the similarities
*second line*

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chooselove

thanks for the effort but i dont see the similarities
*second line*

How could you not see the similarity? It's the exact same thing in today's image compared to the image from the 18th, just mirrored. Look again:
Today's image:
www.4shared.com...
Image from the 18th:
www.4shared.com...
I'm honestly at a loss to understand how anyone could not see the similarity.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
hm.. lets say it is not processing artefacts or lenses artefacts. Let us not rush into labelling everything strange as being some technology glitch, already happened at least 4 times in December . Anyone remembers this?

As I notice the position of Venus and Mercury, I would it be right to think , there is a very small chance an object is traversing our inner solar system, on the other side of the sun?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
hm.. lets say it is not processing artefacts or lenses artefacts. Let us not rush into labelling everything strange as being some technology glitch,

I'm not "rushing" into anything, I'm making an informed assessment based on many years of experience and after looking at the raw data in the fits files. Go ahead, look at the raw data, no the web displayed jpgs, the fits files in the data archives.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Yeah. You're right.
Here's the high quality image from the 18th. No doubt we'll see similar when the high quality from today is available (without the comet).

Started out looking like this:

edit on 12/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

That is an awesome find.

June 2012 Venus "Transits" between the Sun & Earth.

If it emitted a plasma fart like that in June 2012, we'd be in trouble.

www.lunarplanner.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

It didn't nor will it (Venus does not emit plasma) but I cannot help but ask why we would be in trouble?

edit on 12/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I've noticed venus is very bright in the early evenings before it sets here.
Much brighter than usual,
Brighter than saturn.
But it wasn't like that last year. Possibly something in the atmosphere?

I don't think there has ever been a time when Venus was NOT brighter than Saturn.

But yes, I noticed it last night with naked eye...seemed that the right side of Venus was "bulging".

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by AzureSky
I've noticed venus is very bright in the early evenings before it sets here.
Much brighter than usual,
Brighter than saturn.
But it wasn't like that last year. Possibly something in the atmosphere?

I don't think there has ever been a time when Venus was NOT brighter than Saturn.

But yes, I noticed it last night with naked eye...seemed that the right side of Venus was "bulging".

Uhm...RLY? Or is this only a self-fulfilling wishful "prophecy"?
Because two posts above we pretty much came to the conclusion it's a lens flare

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

yes!

I posted in some thread yesterday to go out and look at it. between 5 - 5:30 it was glaring vividly on one side to the naked eye. I never seen that before.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
I looked at Venus just a couple of hours ago through the scope, nothing unusual.

Well, what ever it was, you probably won't see it now anyway. It was a sudden event, and the light from Venus is only what, 8 minutes away or so?

Hey, maybe it was Elenin colliding with her? LOL

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
www.holoscience.com...

However, most of the greatest discoveries in history came about because an individual broke with the consensus. In 1950, years before the space age, Immanuel Velikovsky concluded from his extensive interdisciplinary research that the planet Venus was remembered from the time of the dawn of civilization as a brilliant cometary body. He concluded in his best-selling book, Worlds in Collision, that "The night side of Venus radiates heat because Venus is hot. The reflecting, absorbing, insulating and conducting properties of the cloud layer of Venus modify the heating effect of the sun upon the body of the planet; but at the bottom of the problem lies this fact: Venus gives off heat." Here we had two cherished beliefs being demolished at once – that something the size of a planet could be a comet, and that Venus recently had a different orbit. Velikovsky was "ruthlessly suppressed." Although later findings from space probes supported his conclusion, they made no difference to the consensus opinion.

Astronomers minimized the importance of Velikovsky's remarkable claim or simply dismissed it as a 'lucky guess', although one noted scholar acknowledged at the time that Velikovsky had a remarkable record of successful predictions and no failures. The discovery that Venus was almost red hot made it imperative for scientists to invent an explanation. The result was the "enhanced" or "runaway" greenhouse effect

I forgot to add something. Venus is not like earth, she is not our evil twin. She doesnt even have magnetic poles and doesnt rotate, thought they quickly fixed that problem and invented a backwards rotation to mask this and make her still appear to stand still.

The reason for that was because they developed overunity, electromagnetic energy by observing the solar system. Earth spins on her access ie. FREE ENERGY, due to the iron core, and being a wound up capacitor and all her circuits. The moon with no magnetic poles does not spin at all, nor does Venus.

But Venus has other things, in that, Venus emits heat. Its not like earth at all.
edit on 27-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

UM, what the hell do you mean, Venus doesn't rotate?

The moon absolutely rotates. However, its rotation is in sync with its orbit around the earth, therefore, it appears that it doesn't rotate. BUT IT ABSOLUTELY DOES.

Dude, not sure where you went to school, but you were educated badly.

Do some homework LINK

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
NM,

Found my answer.

edit on 27-12-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Phage
Now that is interesting.

I don't often comment to say "Huh?" but that's what I'm doing now. No idea what it is. We may have to wait for the science quality data to be downloaded to get a better idea of what we're looking at. That will be sometime today.

I've asked Joseph Gurman at (Solar Data Analysis Center) to have a look.

The world as we know it has truly ended....when Phage doesn't know...we're doomed

Phage, of all folks, I was sure you would come here and settle us all down.

TY for asking your friend....

lol Thanks Phage I was waiting for your response aswell. Seems Venus waved hello or has been charged up a lil bit more. Can enough charge cause objects to move from their once stationed locations. My 1 cents, excellent find OP..

I am assuming that by using the word "charged up" you mean to imply that the light you see from Venus is some sort of self-generated energy?

Planets reflect light. They have nothing about them that generates any type of light themselves. So, not sure what you mean by "Charged up"

What we see here on the A & B is reflected light.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join