It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings up with venus

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I haven't read all the replies yet, but click on the 'thumbnail' view, its easier to see what's going on than to click the links for the full-size one by one. Really impressive and cool looking! Honestly, it looks to my untrained eye like some kind of magnetic burst (much like a solar flare does, as OP suggested.) Of course, its not a solar flare since its Venus, but could it be some kind of magnetic ejection?
I don't know much except what I gather from being interested in space topics, but this seems out of the ordinary, and really interesting.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
To wrap it.

The high quality images are now available for the 27th. Here is an animation from the 16th through the 28th.
No one seems to have noticed the giant bubble moving across the frame. Probably nothing to worry about...just a space amoeba going to eat the Sun.

Here's my updated sequence of the beacon data which is now complete through the 30th:

Not as high quality of course, but for the sake of continuity with the latest data, I'll keep following it until it does this:
i319.photobucket.com...
edit on 30-12-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

"I've been around this block..."

You might want to try a new block. Have a look at the image on this page. Since you know far more then I do, I'm sure you'll tell me how the sumerian people knew nothing at all about the planets as they had no telescope. If for some reason the link does not work, go to "thelivingmoon" and click on the sumerian astronomy link. I realize this is showing more of my ignorance, but it seems to me they know about the rings.

I'll refrain from participating in the thread - I'm officially chased off by my own ignorance.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Can this thread please just die. In this thread there is no search for astronomical education. If I should be so bold as to suggest that this and many other (things are not right) threads start is for some verification, chorus cheerleading following, for signs of the Apocalypse.

A simple 'Naustradomus Effect' desire underway we don't recognize yet but they do through some superior vision (credentials never posted). Used as fuel to push this notion was the missing people reports, around the world, (first sign of the .....ready...Apocalypse). Yet we all know that over 90% of missing people reports are found.

Have you ever seen anyone vanish in front of your eyes like the SHOW shows?

I have lost car keys before unexplainably, until I realized my wife pushed them deep into the car seat cavern. LOL.

There is this notion that earthquakes and storms are happening now more than ever. Has anyone heard of the World Wide Web yet? Of course you have. 20 years ago we never heard of a storm in southern Argentina, or Timbuktu for that matter, Ever think about that?

Now we have more space detection high science equipment in orbit and even in solar orbit, that shows people things they never read the FAQ's to educate themselves to learn what they might be looking at or what was recorded.

None of the knowledge suits ''The Apocalypse' pushers to base anything on knowledge, they live in fantasy, science doesn't work to push fantasy. It spoils the story, and it is just a story.

If people knew more than the collective technology and science of today then, where are their power sources?

Rocks stacked on top of mountains doesn't suggest a power source greater than splitting the atom does to me. Just might be me though.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Ah, so the sumerians knew "saturn" has a ring below it... And another planet has a smiley mouth below it... Oh, wait, that's not how it goes...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I was shocked to come online tonight and see that this thread is still going on. I was convinced that this was lens flare, but I do have one comment and question:
There are still a lot of members that still believe that this was something other then lens flare. An impact, belch, burp, or other anomaly. Isn't is possible to go back a year from the day this event happened and show the data from back. It would seem that if Venus did a lens flare on that specific day and time that it should have done the same one year ago, two years ago ect... ngchunter: I would think that if you went back to this specific date and time last year, and used the data from then to make a vid like you did for this incident it would surely convince those who refuse to accept this as lens flare. In fact I believe that someone already asked about this, and I was surprised that I have not seen an answer to this members idea. If someone did do this, and I missed it please disregard, and would appreciate you pointing me to it. Thanks

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
I was shocked to come online tonight and see that this thread is still going on. I was convinced that this was lens flare, but I do have one comment and question:
There are still a lot of members that still believe that this was something other then lens flare. An impact, belch, burp, or other anomaly. Isn't is possible to go back a year from the day this event happened and show the data from back. It would seem that if Venus did a lens flare on that specific day and time that it should have done the same one year ago, two years ago ect... ngchunter: I would think that if you went back to this specific date and time last year, and used the data from then to make a vid like you did for this incident it would surely convince those who refuse to accept this as lens flare. In fact I believe that someone already asked about this, and I was surprised that I have not seen an answer to this members idea. If someone did do this, and I missed it please disregard, and would appreciate you pointing me to it. Thanks

nghunter posted a link to 2007 and Phage (I think) posted a link to 2009, but it was links and not shiny pictures so it was ignored-- here's the 2009 one with pictures

Welcome to the STEREO Learning Center
Image artifacts - Internal reflections

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The planets Mercury (left) and Venus (right) as seen in the HI1-B telescope on January 26, 2009

Venus leaving field-of-view January 27, 2009. Ring caused by reflection off of camera surfaces.

Venus out of field-of-view, but still reflecting off camera surfaces, January 28, 2009.

Image artifacts - Internal reflections
Light reflecting inside the telescope optics, and diffracting off edges within the telescopes, can produce some interesting effects. Consider this series of images showing the planet Venus leaving the field of view of the HI1-B telescope between Janary 26-31, 2009. As Venus approaches the edge of the field-of-view, a ring shape is seen apparently coming out of the planet. This is caused by reflections of the bright planet off of the camera barrel. (If you look closely at the full-field version of the January 26, 2009 image above, you'll see a large, faint bubble on the left side of the image, which is also an internal reflection of Venus.) The ring grows progressively larger as time goes by. On January 31, a horizontal streak appears near the position where Venus disappeared. This latter effect is caused by diffraction off of the optical baffles.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I've noticed venus is very bright in the early evenings before it sets here.
Much brighter than usual,
Brighter than saturn.
But it wasn't like that last year. Possibly something in the atmosphere?

Venus reflects light from the sun. It may appear brighter at times when the Earth's atmosphere is clearer.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here's another live view of Venus, still no sign of any "emission."
justin.tv...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Yes, but part of it is missing!

Kidding of course. Nice view of a gibbous Venus.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If this is a lens flare,what are the odds that a lens flare would be exactly lined up with and seem to be leaving the surface of venus? 1 in 100? 1 in 1,000? 1 in 10,000? or more?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It is not a NASA lense flare. Whoever is touting this looks ridiculous. This is an emerging and separating plasma discharge, similar to a CME.

Something predicted all along by Electric Universe, and their predictions were nailed by NASA's 4 studies on comets, that are not, I will underscore this and put it in bold, dirty ice balls!
edit on 31-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Since Venus was the source of light which produced the lens flare the odds are 1 in 1.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

What happened on December 16-18? Plasma incharge? Please explain, using electric universe theory, how that occurs.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/31/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The photographs are there. They are logical and follow a sequence, and are supported by real science predictions.

The fantasy about calling that a flare is just that, supposition, though ridiculous, and fantasy.

Now as for what is happening currently. I don't know what they claim is happening. All I have is the circumstantial evidence for the past 2 weeks.

We've had major windstorms, the kind that happen with geomagnetic storms. Including Christmas, where a tree was downed and power out until late. We ate just after 11 pm.

Yellowstone had some seismic.

And an article on islands being formed recently in the African/Middle East fault lines.

So apparently, there has been some charge added to the core. I believe the Core does alot. And the Sun is the Master Driver of the Force.

www.vancouversun.com...

So if they're not reporting ongoing cme's hitting us, they're probably lying.

Venus gets it too you know.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm going to add that we always get blasted on the west coast of Canada, by Solar Storms and they are like small hurricanes. We've had quite a few previously and they coincided to CME's and geeomagnetic storms they admitted to.

I didn't see the threads on all this activity during December, but based on the evidence of what occurred, I'd say there was a lot of Solar Activity during December.

As far the Islands that just shot up, from the lava, something occurs to me, that maybe it would have to balance out somehow.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

There have been no geomagnetic storms in the past two weeks. The Sun has been very calm all month.

edit on 12/31/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Wrong, we had them blast our city nonstop and ruin Christmas. Yesterday too. Today is calm. Otherwise they're lying, and I trust the medias and NASA about as much as Sorcha FAAL.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You must have a very special city.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It could be a super volcano erupting on venus,venus has more volcanoes on its surface than any other planet in our solar system > "Venus has more volcanoes than any other planet in the solar system. Over 1600 major volcanoes or volcanic features are known,see map in link and there are many,many more smaller volcanoes.No one has yet counted them all, but the total number may be over 100,000 or even over 1,000,000!" > volcano.oregonstate.edu...
edit on 31-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join