It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clerk Punches, Knocks Out Armed Robber, Then Makes Suspect Clean Up His Own Blood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

HENDERSONVILLE, N.C. -- A clerk at a business in Western North Carolina punched a would-be robber and knocked him out cold just minutes after the man barged in with a gun and demanded money.

It happened about 15 minutes before closing time Friday night at We Buy Gold store in Hendersonville.

“When he came through the door he told me had a gun and he even flashed it," said Derek Mothershead. “I stood up and threw my hands up and said, 'Take the money.'”

Source

So after flashing the gun, the robber comes behind the counter with a bag and demands the clerk put the money into it. Watching the video, the clerk pulls out a stack of bills, but instead of putting them into the bag, he hands them to the robber and tells him to "just take it."

As the robber reaches for the cash, Mothershead, who apparently is into mixed martial arts fighting, unloads with a left hook from out of no where. The robber hits the floor.

I'm trying to hold it together as I'm typing this now..cause here's the funny part. Mothershead grabs the gun, and realizes it's a pellet gun. Then laughs at the suspect for trying to rob him with a pellet gun.

He starts to eventually come to while the clerk is calling 911 and asks to be let go...they all do from watching Worlds Dumbest on TruTV.

Instead, the clerk gives the guy a spray bottle and some paper towels and makes him clean up his own blood while waiting on the police.

This is just too great. I did eventually find a video I could embed on here ..so here it is...along with some commentary.
This apparently happened on Dec. 23rd it looks like.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
That is tooooo funny!

They didn't mention the guy making the robber clean up his blood in the news video, though!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by celebration

Yeah....the original video from the local source article talks about it...and shows the guy actually cleaning up his blood. lol.

I just couldn't embed that one...had to search YouTube for where the major networks picked up the story to find something to embed.

Hendersonville is sort of a small town about 30 miles or so out of Asheville on I-26 if I remember correctly.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Of course the reporter didn't miss a chance to editorialize and get in his two cents that the guy "shouldn't have risked his own life." We're constantly told to submit and be wusses, not stand up and fight. Looking at the size of this guy I wouldn't have messed with him in the first place.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Yeah. I'm from fairly close to that area originally. He's what we'd call a cornbread fed, 6 sandwich, collard green eatin country boy.

And absolutely no offense intended to the clerk at all with that.
I certainly wouldn't want to mess with him! I just hope he doesn't get fired like the clerk from Best Buy did who tried to stop a theft earlier this year. He should get employee of the year in my opinion!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I like how the reporter says he like most of his collegues would have ran away and hid. God almighty bunch of woosies. Asking the guy if he had boxing lessons, guy should have said no Im just a man who can defend himself.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join