It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Survival gear did you get for Christmas 2011?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Now that is a worthy survival gift I have been looking at things like that, but have found limited places supplying the seeds mentioned. I shall keep looking

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
My big gift was a kindle fire which I am definately loving but not too handy if the lights go out. I did give a gift certificate to the hubby so he could purchase his first handgun. We have GO bags and food,water etc already. I mean its never really ever enough, but wed be okay for awhile. My next purchase will be a bigger better first aid kit. A recent accident made me realize its wasn't where it needed to be.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Kindle fire, I can save books on survival which I can access if there's a wifi nearby.
That works, right?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
For Christmas I got the Gil Hibben IV 17-1/2" Combat Machete!

The MUST have for every Z Day Bag!!

Gil Hibben Combat Machete
edit on 12/27/11 by RecentlyAwaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I got a John Lennon biography and a fishing rod, with those two things I should be fine in a SHTF scenario....no doubt

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by METACOMET
Did you get an M14 or an M1A? Either way, total score! Talk about a Merry Christmas!

Springfield M14 with the Cherry wood stock. Its by far the nicest gun i have. plus the attached scope mount and scope

So it has full auto capability?

If not you have a Springfield M1A. Semi-auto .308 rifle. Still EXTREMELY nice.......

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
All I got was a rock

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I recieved a weather alert handheld cb radio.

I think this was a major contribution to the communications department..........

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I got a sweet big black lump of RonCo Survival Coal!

You can burn it, paint your face with it, or bash the enemy upside the head with it!

Thank you Santa!

ps- next year could I just get the bike I asked for?

edit on 27-12-2011 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi
All I got was a rock

You sir need a high powered slingshot to go with that one.

and a bag of marbles at the dollar store wouldnt hurt..

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

Did you get an M14 or an M1A? Either way, total score! Talk about a Merry Christmas!

Springfield M14 with the Cherry wood stock. Its by far the nicest gun i have. plus the attached scope mount and scope

If not you have a Springfield M1A. Semi-auto .308 rifle. Still EXTREMELY nice.......

I believe that there are many neutered M14s out there. They dont fall under the clinton cigar legislation so its wide open for home build semis.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

I guess your right. The M1A is the "civilan" version. Really the only differences is the receiver and having a selector switch

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I gave lots of wool sock, I figure you can never have to many pairs of wool socks. I got a wool jacket, turtle necks and a when SHTF book. But the best gift was that I found another prepper family in the neighborhood.

Wow Camaro Santa certainly loves you....

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
A jacket to help me keep cycling during cold weather. If I don't loose fat I will not survive

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by krzyspmac

heres a handy tip for you krzyspmac, When one off your bicycle pumps packs up strip it down and fill the tube with a cellulite type bonding glue, Reassemble and you have a perfect baton ready for any SHTF scenarios.
Easy to conceal.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
We have a toy rule at our house. At least one toy for everyone. I got a Red Ryder BB gun. I guess I could survive with birds on a wire. The thing is powerful enough to kill birds and very accurate.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a usb stick 16 gb and the movie MIB on dvd

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I got a flag pole and three (majorette/twirler) batons. And since I got the weights for the poles, I can hit even harder.
I'm seroius. Flags and batons would be a great weapon.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
My parents sent me a care package with socks, mike-n-ikes, now-n-laters, hershey's kisses, hershey's miniatures and hygene supplies. The chocolate was gone in an hour.
edit on 24-2-2012 by JJTHEFETT because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join