It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Survival gear did you get for Christmas 2011?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So my family is an odd ball family. We exchanged survival gear for Christmas.

Hey, its better then buying cheap (bleep) from China. And all on this forum know one day the survival stuff will be worth its weight in gold.

So i got for christmas was

M14 .308 rifle with a scope (SCORE!)
A box of .223, .45, and .308 ammo
A Fully loaded "BOB", I already had a "BOB" but i can give this one to my girl.
And a bunch of multi cam pants, shirts and gear. for "hunting"

I would have to say the rifle was the best gift. i about droped to the floor when i opened that baby up. I was able to shoot it that day and zero it in. its so SWEET!

you guys get anything cool?

edit on 27-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Not weird at all! "Functional Gifts" is the way to go.

I got my wife this machete to go in her "zombie jeep."
It is the one from Gerber that is featured on the series "Walking Dead" on AMC. (I think?)

Believe it or not, she specifically asked for a machete for her jeep!

She got me a gym membership, some blueberry and blackberry bushes to plant, and we spent the weekend working on our fenceline and preparing a plot for our spring garden!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Our family did too...But what I got was an Excalibur Vixen 2 Crossbow with TruGlo Red dot Scope and Goal Zero Nomad 7 .... Cant wait to target practice!!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
For survival gear, I bought the N7 Collector Edition of Mass Effect 3, with special armors and weapons.

But I have a feeling you didn't mean that kind of survival...

An Armed Christmas? lol You better hope everybody gets along, then!

It's nice to see you appreciated your gifts! I hate to see the gifts I offer being returned...

Merry Coming New Year, then!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

An Armed Christmas? lol You better hope everybody gets along, then!

An armed family is a polite family.

Actually, I got in a big fight with my brother a couple of years ago on Thanksgiving, but no gunfire was exchanged.
This year, one portion of the family is going through a nasty divorce, and people are splitting up and taking sides, so that whole portion ended up not coming to the main dinner. That made Christmas much more civil and enjoyable. It was quite a nice time.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Not weird at all! "Functional Gifts" is the way to go.

I got my wife this machete to go in her "zombie jeep."
It is the one from Gerber that is featured on the series "Walking Dead" on AMC. (I think?)

Believe it or not, she specifically asked for a machete for her jeep!

She got me a gym membership, some blueberry and blackberry bushes to plant, and we spent the weekend working on our fenceline and preparing a plot for our spring garden!

Thats SWEET! I also got a K-bar 8in fixed blade that i forgot to add to the list. That machete there sure looks threatening. I wouldn’t mess with anyone holding that thing!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I gave traditional vanilla gifts.

But I got a war axe and its heavy and beefy. Looks impossible to break, and has taken a beating so far with not a bit of damage. Cut from 3/8" plate, it weighs in at just under 3#. Reviwers say its perfect for opening car doors and metal fire doors. I have to agree. But it takes a big beefy guy with some serious arms to work it and i fit the bill.

www.botachtactical.com...

Puts the SOG and M43 to shame.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I got some pretty nice waterproof boots from Clark's. I also got a pretty expensive hiker's GPS, but the boots were my favorite. Take care of your feet in the wilderness, and you can go a loooong way.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Did you get an M14 or an M1A? Either way, total score! Talk about a Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Im really hoping this xbox will get me thru the apocalypse lol.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I got a new "Moutain Hardware" down filled long length parka, With a "Buffalo windbreaker" some more arrows for my crossbow and ohh a new snow shovel, just incase.

Happy new year.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
Did you get an M14 or an M1A? Either way, total score! Talk about a Merry Christmas!

Springfield M14 with the Cherry wood stock. Its by far the nicest gun i have. plus the attached scope mount and scope

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

/me drools.

Awesome stuff, guys. May it never have to be used in anger

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
nice! i thought of asking for a gun after it was too late... I got a drill with titanium drill bit set and i got my dad a Carrhart!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
W didn't have much money to spend this year, but my daughter got me a magnesium firestick, and I got her socks and some mylar survival blankets. I love that firestick!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I got a handy screwdriver kit with virtually every type of tip that I could ever need.

I am sure that I would be grateful for some of the more rare and random tips in long term survival situations; There are quite a few things that you can MacGyver with the right tools.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Damn camaro, very nice gifts this year!! Must have been a good boy!

My survival gear that I got hardly compares to your setup... Id love to shoot an M14 or M1A... but am happy with my new(first) AR setup so far

I got hand warmers, First aid kit, gorilla (super)glue, and a handcrank operated radio/flashlight/USB charger... I must say those hand crank radio/flashlights are a great invesement(15-20$) for your BOB

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1

Damn camaro, very nice gifts this year!! Must have been a good boy!

My survival gear that I got hardly compares to your setup... Id love to shoot an M14 or M1A... but am happy with my new(first) AR setup so far

I got hand warmers, First aid kit, gorilla (super)glue, and a handcrank operated radio/flashlight/USB charger... I must say those hand crank radio/flashlights are a great invesement(15-20$) for your BOB

I think i have the same handcrank radio, its really nice and does not cost much. plus its small.

AR's are good guns. you need to get the AR before the scoped guns, MHO
cool gifts all the same

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It was a great "survival" gear year! I guess you can say it was the theme of our entire Xmas...although practically speaking these are all items we will use hunting, fishing, and camping throughout the year.

-Molle first aid kit, fully stocked (Real nice!)
-Wet start, fire aid's
-Glow sticks (these things light up the night)
-SOG tanto knife
-SOG Throwing knives
-Gerber Bear Grylls folding knife (from lil bro, sweet knife)
-Bear Grylls fire starter
-9mm, .357 magnum, and .22lr ammo...lots of it

-Venison, elk, and beef summer sausage...mmm mmm!!

I may be leaving a few things out, but at 27yo I feel like I got a better Xmas than I ever did growing up!! Thank you Dad!! My brothers got some great gear also....can't wait to hit the trails this winter.
edit on 12/27/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/27/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I got a carpet cleaner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join