It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.9 magnitude quake hits southeastern Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by corporation

It has also been reported that Russia has test fired a couple of nukes....could that event and this recent earthquake be related?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
wow...
not good!
hope its a one off and not a precusor to anything

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Yes. ATS "New Topics" does post the Russian successful launch of a Intercontinental nuclear- capable missiles today. While the area 'listed' is not the same region as today's earthquake, Russia does not have a history of being honest with details. Seems highly coincidental that a large earthquake would take place on the same day as the 'successful' test of these missles.

(From the posting on ATS New Topics)
[MOSCOW: The Russian military has successfully test-launched two intercontinental nuclear-capable missiles, the defence ministry said. The Bulava missiles were fired from a submarine in the White Sea on Russia's northwest coast and the test "went as planned," Lieutenant Colonel Igor Konashenkov told Russian news agency Ria Novosti. The missiles hit their targets on the Kamchatka Peninsula in the Pacific Ocean, he said.]

Thank you for making the connection.
edit on 05/25/2011 by biteme because: typo

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by biteme

I thank you for your response to me....and you make a very good point about Russia not being honest in their reporting.

I just find it very odd that the testing and the earthquake are on the same day....I am sure many others find it odd too.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by corporation

I think its been upgraded to a 9.5, you guys should check it out, it sounds pretty serious.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hello

Check my post in this other thread to get the explanation for that 9.5 number^^ Thanks!

9.5 QUAKE hits Siberia!?! WTH? Did I miss Something? 6.7 Upgraded to 9.5!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bennogob

Russia use a different scale.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I sure hope somebody has the skinny and posts it soon.....
Theres no precedence for 9.5 that i am aware of.....certainly not within living memory surely?
edit on 27-12-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join