It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surveillance System Tags, Tracks And Follows

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
You don't actually believe they delete this info do you? I am willing to bet that it is all stored and collated in order to form a huge data base that allows them to, at a minimum, divine normal and abnormal patterns of action and operation. Specific individuals may be under constant surveillance already. It depends on how close we are to the takeover. Those on the red list may be constantly surveilled through cameras, atm/credit card usage, electronic toll passes, onstar, lojack, and cell phone gps.

Every single system that I have installed, is set up to delete the videos after 30 days. Period.

No one has the kind of storage capacity to keep these videos very long, not even our government. And yes, I've installed these systems at many US bases.

What you are saying is simply not going to happen. The people who work in these areas care much less than you imagine, and since they are on the government nipple, they know that they have a job, and trust me, they do more browsing on facebook than they look at videos of you paying for gas.

We have heard this story before. Just one example, the naked body scanners of the SS(aka TSA) that could not store images.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
www.businessweek.com...

Some Macy's (FD ), CVS (CVS ), and Babies 'R' Us stores have installed a system called the Video Investigator, whose advanced surveillance software can compare a shopper's movements between video images and recognize unusual activity. Remove 10 items from a shelf at once, for instance, or open a case that's normally kept closed and locked, and the system alerts guards sitting in a back room -- or pacing the sales floor -- with a chime or flashing screen. The system can predict where a shoplifter is likely to hide (at the ends of aisles, behind floor displays). A search function spots sudden movement that might indicate a large spill, prompting workers to clean up before it leads to a slip-and-fall accident and a costly lawsuit. And if someone opens a back door at 2 a.m., the system will record who sneaked in and link it with snapshots of the previous and next persons to use the door. Alerts, complete with images, can be sent to handheld devices, keeping retailers informed 24/7, says Jumbi Edulbehram, vice-president for strategic marketing at IntelliVid Corp., a Cambridge (Mass.) firm that makes the Video Investigator system.

Article written:
SEPTEMBER 11, 2006

This is 6 year old technology at the least
edit on 12/27/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I suggest you quickly check out a new tv show I saw called "Person of Interest"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

en.wikipedia.org...

That's called "Hollywood"......

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

en.wikipedia.org...

That's called "Hollywood"......

yes yes, but some of the technologies I saw on it are the same. introductory.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
reply to post by Helixer

what gets me is I am allready seeing cameras on freeways not just intersections. and we allways see elderly person missing driving a blue ford etc on our electric billboards. Why cant they just use these cameras to see where she was last going or something? if our technology is so great why dont they use it to help people?
Oh wait oh wait I think I have the answer!.... because it wouldnt make any money using it for stuff like that!

And they don't have to have cameras. here in our town they have just installed something under the roads at every entrance and exit...I am wondering with the new computer chip cars if they can just read everything right there...maybe our vehicles spy on us more then we think.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
www.businessweek.com...

Some Macy's (FD ), CVS (CVS ), and Babies 'R' Us stores have installed a system called the Video Investigator, whose advanced surveillance software can compare a shopper's movements between video images and recognize unusual activity. Remove 10 items from a shelf at once, for instance, or open a case that's normally kept closed and locked, and the system alerts guards sitting in a back room -- or pacing the sales floor -- with a chime or flashing screen. The system can predict where a shoplifter is likely to hide (at the ends of aisles, behind floor displays). A search function spots sudden movement that might indicate a large spill, prompting workers to clean up before it leads to a slip-and-fall accident and a costly lawsuit. And if someone opens a back door at 2 a.m., the system will record who sneaked in and link it with snapshots of the previous and next persons to use the door. Alerts, complete with images, can be sent to handheld devices, keeping retailers informed 24/7, says Jumbi Edulbehram, vice-president for strategic marketing at IntelliVid Corp., a Cambridge (Mass.) firm that makes the Video Investigator system.

Article written:
SEPTEMBER 11, 2006

This is 6 year old technology at the least
edit on 12/27/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

True enough, but as stated I'm certified on much of this gear and can state with authority that the technology has only really improved in the areas of CPU/Memory speed/size, which allows an investigator to search faster.

The base technology improves with each new release, BUT again, only in tweaks.

The "can be sent to hand held devices" part is a joke, it doesn't work all that well...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

reply to post by Helixer

what gets me is I am allready seeing cameras on freeways not just intersections. and we allways see elderly person missing driving a blue ford etc on our electric billboards. Why cant they just use these cameras to see where she was last going or something? if our technology is so great why dont they use it to help people?
Oh wait oh wait I think I have the answer!.... because it wouldnt make any money using it for stuff like that!

And they don't have to have cameras. here in our town they have just installed something under the roads at every entrance and exit...I am wondering with the new computer chip cars if they can just read everything right there...maybe our vehicles spy on us more then we think.

Those are magnetic sensors. They detect when a car/truck/motorcycle has passed by, used mostly to either control your stop lights, or survey how often a road is used.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

You don't actually believe they delete this info do you? I am willing to bet that it is all stored and collated in order to form a huge data base that allows them to, at a minimum, divine normal and abnormal patterns of action and operation. Specific individuals may be under constant surveillance already. It depends on how close we are to the takeover. Those on the red list may be constantly surveilled through cameras, atm/credit card usage, electronic toll passes, onstar, lojack, and cell phone gps.

Every single system that I have installed, is set up to delete the videos after 30 days. Period.

No one has the kind of storage capacity to keep these videos very long, not even our government. And yes, I've installed these systems at many US bases.

What you are saying is simply not going to happen. The people who work in these areas care much less than you imagine, and since they are on the government nipple, they know that they have a job, and trust me, they do more browsing on facebook than they look at videos of you paying for gas.

We have heard this story before. Just one example, the naked body scanners of the SS(aka TSA) that could not store images.

Having a TSA agent storing pics to "enjoy" later on, is completely different.

It comes down to money, and if the agency involved wants to spend $$$$$ on terabytes of storage. MOST agencies have mandates to achieve, with little in cash to perform them. Hence, they pick the shotgun method. Massive deployment of cameras, and save money on the back end systems, like storage.

Lucky for us, we made our money on the cameras...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Ok, so why do you really think we are trillions in debt? What is our government spending that money on? How much do those terra bytes of storage cost when they spend billions at a time on those storage units? Think about it. People like you are serving massa by forging our chains.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Having a TSA agent storing pics to "enjoy" later on, is completely different.

I don't think pinching a photo for later is good enough for the TSA. They can get photos from the internet. Based on my freak assessment criteria, I reckon they will need to touch you up first. They need to frisk you, remember your body contour and how you smell and then take the photo home.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

reply to post by Helixer

Those are magnetic sensors. They detect when a car/truck/motorcycle has passed by, used mostly to either control your stop lights, or survey how often a road is used.

That's the thing though...this is a very small town and there are no stop lights at the ends or any need, also along the highway 20 mins the only turn off that can get you out of the area on a back road has one too just instaled...very little used road. Seems like way overkill.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

There are versions of "Smart Cameras" that do all the image processing in the real time software in the camera.
Just one example
Most applications are for manufacturing assembly lines for high speed process. This cuts down on the need for a central system doing all the analysis.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
I think Apple's software has some hidden code running to track people.

If your Apple computer wakes up from sleep when you walk near it, it detected your RFID and reported back to someone on you. Disavble with Airport/wireless and it will stop doing this.

Remember when Steve Jobs was talking about the Apple Board of Directors saying "they are the Navy" and he and his group were the "pirates"......he wasn't just whistling dixie. They likely really were the Navy. Didn't anyone else find that from Steve Jobs to be an odd comment/story???

The technology is so advanced they don't need to catch into your computer to see what you are doing. They have through the wall imaging. They can recreate a hologram of a city block now, possibly live feed with laser tracking that can go through 3 feet of solid brick. Yes the Navy is the big holder in this type of surveillance. Yes they can watch you as you do everything. What is really neat is that their monitoring equipment can even assess the vapors coming off of you in hormones and other subtle chemicals. They can tell if you had too much cheeseburger that day, or if a woman is ovulating, or if someone is carrying a disease. They find a chemical they don't know, they compare it to a record of what you did that day, figure out the cause. At the end of their day, they look at multiple human lives being tracked, in fast motion, to look for anything out of the ordinary. Quite possibly if you mess up now you will be reviewed daily for the rest of your life, long distance, by strangers you have never met. The ultimate peeping toms and janes, profiting from anti-privacy.

What is really creepy is when they can, with a microphone, subliminally command individuals to behave in certain ways. "Scratch your nose if you're thinking something illegal." "Tap your finger if you are thinking something hostile." And you wonder how a nuclear scientist in New Mexico suddenly decides to jump off a bridge. Probably because he found out what the Navy is doing.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Just wait til everyone gets chipped and there are enough satellites to track everyone from a low earth orbit. Welcome to the new world order...as the future becomes the present.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Just wait til everyone gets chipped and there are enough satellites to track everyone from a low earth orbit. Welcome to the new world order...as the future becomes the present.
At that point I stop waiting for others to wake up and join me. It's all out war, even if it is just me by myself.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Ok, so why do you really think we are trillions in debt? What is our government spending that money on? How much do those terra bytes of storage cost when they spend billions at a time on those storage units? Think about it. People like you are serving massa by forging our chains.

People like me. Yeah, us working stiffs who are actually paying our taxes. Go figure..

What's costing Trillions?

Geez, where to start. Wars, plus we have entitlement programs that keep growing, past the point of money coming in. There are more people being supported by government handouts today, than all other years combined. And the government nipple keeps feeding more and more people. It's enslavement to people who could be working and making money, but instead, they sustain themselves on what the government gives them for free.

As stated, I've sat across the table when Homeland Security folks were trying to figure out how they could achieve compliance with a mandate (which was to improve security at airports) using the limited money that was allocated for it.

These allocations are determined by some analyst in Washington, who just dreams up a number that they need to use.

It's bas-ackwards to how it should be done.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by staple

There are versions of "Smart Cameras" that do all the image processing in the real time software in the camera.
Just one example
Most applications are for manufacturing assembly lines for high speed process. This cuts down on the need for a central system doing all the analysis.

Very true, but most government installations use dumb CCTV and IP cameras that network back to a central storage system.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join