It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surveillance System Tags, Tracks And Follows

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Why even use public cameras on a clear day? They can spot your face from orbit. They can even peer through your roof, unless it is like mine.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Why even use public cameras on a clear day? They can spot your face from orbit. They can even peer through your roof, unless it is like mine.

How can they peer through the roof and what is your roof made from.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think Apple's software has some hidden code running to track people.

If your Apple computer wakes up from sleep when you walk near it, it detected your RFID and reported back to someone on you. Disavble with Airport/wireless and it will stop doing this.

Remember when Steve Jobs was talking about the Apple Board of Directors saying "they are the Navy" and he and his group were the "pirates"......he wasn't just whistling dixie. They likely really were the Navy. Didn't anyone else find that from Steve Jobs to be an odd comment/story???

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I've heard that facial recognition software available now can identify a person accurately with only 25% of a person's face exposed to a camera, and the resolution does not have to be good.

Gives them some amazing capabilities.

No place to run, nowhere to hide.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludshed
There is no fiber connecting any of the cameras any of you have ever seen. If you want to go smashing cameras, copper siamese wire, ethernet or 18/4 to baluns knock yourselves out. But leave the fiber alone, that is what everything from your precious internet to 911 run over.

If you really want to draw attention to yourselves take the leds out of your old remote controls, rig them up with a watch battery into a baseball cap and then go out at night.

"There is no fiber connecting any of the cameras any of you have ever seen"

Incorrect. Cameras on the street, on the highways, and remote locations are either fiber or wireless.

In the case of fiber, a small media converter is installed to turn the single mode fiber into either Ethernet or CCTV, which ever one the local government agency uses. And trust me, there isn't any pattern to what they choose.

Copper can't be used for many reasons, but mostly because of the distances involved and of course lightning would fry the cameras.

When we did Logan airport (Boston), as an example, the remote locations fed into various Ethernet switches in closets at the remote locations, then came back to the main server room via routing (if memory serves they used a flat layer 2 network which if so, routing wasn't the right word actually).

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think if enough people destroyed enough of there cameras they would be hard pushed to replace them due to the cost and and time required. Plus it could be done again and again, all it would take is persistence. Im not advocating anyone committing a criminal act. However they have gone way to far in the UK with this camera lark, freedom and privacy are a basic human right for gods sake.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Helixer

They use infrared and xray technology. My roof has several metal layers.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

So, the cameras sometimes have good uses...

Used them more than once to catch a thief. Burned many disks or downloaded memory sticks for cops, most owners forget how to work the systems. As for the fiber comment that cameras are not hooked up to them, you are wrong, I had a fiber guy working with me at a fortune 500 company with remote viewing access to their cameras on multiple sites, which used fiber, but that was high end, normal cameras you do not need it, just power and cable, even plug and play which many residential and small businesses use to date. There are many options available for a price.

I have serviced retina scanners and finger print scanners for local FBI offices, the technology is ever changing and evolving.
edit on 12/27/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Exactly correct. The fiber runs are usually 2 feet down, but the direct bore machines are my personal favorite. At one install in Boston, the runways are REALLY thick concrete. The direct bore guys literally went 60' down, made a hard turn, then bored up at an angle so that by the time they came close to the building that we were terminating in, they were back up to 2 feet.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Why are you helping to forge the chains of our enslavement? How do you live with yourself knowing what they are doing with this stuff?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Why is you roof made from several layers of metal? Wouldn't you suffer from heat gain in the summer? What is the construction of your house, balloon frame, brown stone, turn of the century timber frame, brick, modern concrete?

Oops! Is earthdude a clue?
edit on 27-12-2011 by Helixer because: sp

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by mugger

Why are you helping to forge the chains of our enslavement? How do you live with yourself knowing what they are doing with this stuff?

I have installed these in many places. Let's not get all huffy, because in all honesty, no one is "doing" anything with these videos.

Let's say that you are walking down the street. A guy walks up to you, pulls out a gun, and robs you. Behind him, you see a camera.

Do you expect that someone will be dispatching the police immediately?

Sadly, the answer to that question in most cases, is no.

In fact, with so many cameras to look at, most Network Operations Centers (NOC's) have large screen displays with various numbers of cameras on each, but these images are rotated. The odds of them actually seeing a crime in action are remote at best, without some type of "alert" system, like a panic button.

This, can turn into a liability for whichever law enforcement agency is involved, btw.

What IS done with the videos, is investigative work. Post crime, the locations of which cameras may have an image, are determined, as well as the time frame involved.

An investigator then looks for the crime that took place, finds a decent still shot of the perp, then uses this image to tell the system to find him in every other camera.

These are then assembled as evidence.

Almost every system has storage limits, and most of them purge images after 30 days of storage, unless clips are tagged to be kept past then.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

It is about protection, any private company or person can do so as they see fit, including armed guards or body guards if they want them. It also payed very well.Just the security sign and stickers ward off a lot of trouble before it happens... you didn't here it from me.

Don't use the radio shack signs, get a legit company sign.

I did not ever install anything as so invasive as what the Airports use now, you better take that up with your Government.
I just protect against theft, fire, lawsuit problems.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You don't actually believe they delete this info do you? I am willing to bet that it is all stored and collated in order to form a huge data base that allows them to, at a minimum, divine normal and abnormal patterns of action and operation. Specific individuals may be under constant surveillance already. It depends on how close we are to the takeover. Those on the red list may be constantly surveilled through cameras, atm/credit card usage, electronic toll passes, onstar, lojack, and cell phone gps.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Helixer

It is made from everything you mentioned and adobe. It is a recycled house. the roof is illegal, too heavy. Please don't report me.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I was watching an episode of NCIS and noticed that they used this technology. They were looking for a car seen on one camera and scanned all the other cameras in the area until they picked it up in another city. At that moment, I realized the reason for all those cameras clearly. It was intimidating.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I suppose one could carry some facial recognition fooling stick-ons. These would have to be applied in an area where no camera was along with a clothing change.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by Helixer

It is made from everything you mentioned and adobe. It is a recycled house. the roof is illegal, too heavy. Please don't report me.

Outstanding with the adobe. Must be an earthship house.

I am an architect and love buildings, especially if they are unconventional. If you do a thread on your house, I might be able to chat about the roof and how best to strengthen it if you want.

Being in the UK, I wouldn't know anything about your building codes in the US but I know about robust design with is generally universal.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Here is a study on defeating facial recognition. Study

Second Study

edit on 27-12-2011 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
You don't actually believe they delete this info do you? I am willing to bet that it is all stored and collated in order to form a huge data base that allows them to, at a minimum, divine normal and abnormal patterns of action and operation. Specific individuals may be under constant surveillance already. It depends on how close we are to the takeover. Those on the red list may be constantly surveilled through cameras, atm/credit card usage, electronic toll passes, onstar, lojack, and cell phone gps.

Every single system that I have installed, is set up to delete the videos after 30 days. Period.

No one has the kind of storage capacity to keep these videos very long, not even our government. And yes, I've installed these systems at many US bases.

What you are saying is simply not going to happen. The people who work in these areas care much less than you imagine, and since they are on the government nipple, they know that they have a job, and trust me, they do more browsing on facebook than they look at videos of you paying for gas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join