It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surveillance System Tags, Tracks And Follows

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Surveillance System Tags, Tracks And Follows

www.youtube.com

December 26, 2011 - Software developed for closed-circuit television systems can identify individuals and track them across entire networks of cameras. Joel Flynn reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wonderhowto.com
boingboing.net
edit on 27-12-2011 by Helixer because: sp

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

There is a race on to monitor every person in this world by the powers that be. In the UK you can be monitored from the moment you step out of your door, through out the day where ever you go if you live in a city.

There is evil afoot and we are sleep walking into it. We can't hold our elected leaders to account for war crimes yet the government are interested in what we buy in the supermarket, where we litter and what our political opinions are.

Enough is enough!!!

We need to protect our privacy and we should defeat these abnoxious technologies with ingenuity.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I would imagine a day, not so far in the future when people will just destroy or disable the cameras. Disableing enough of them and there spy network is caput or atleast severely impaired not to mention expensive and time consuming to repair.
edit on 27-12-2011 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Alright hackers, how do we defeat this? I already have several pairs of glasses I could switch around. Maybe reversible jackets and different hats? What else can we do here?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Could always where a mask in public, but then eveyone's mask would have to be the same i suppose.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Could always where a mask in public, but then eveyone's mask would have to be the same i suppose.
The Guy Fawkes mask from V?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Helixer

what gets me is I am allready seeing cameras on freeways not just intersections. and we allways see elderly person missing driving a blue ford etc on our electric billboards. Why cant they just use these cameras to see where she was last going or something? if our technology is so great why dont they use it to help people?
Oh wait oh wait I think I have the answer!.... because it wouldnt make any money using it for stuff like that!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Alright hackers, how do we defeat this? I already have several pairs of glasses I could switch around. Maybe reversible jackets and different hats? What else can we do here?

Smashing the cameras isn't enough, the underlying infrastructure would also need to be defeated. Do you know how long it would take to find 100 breaks in a fiber optic cable? ;-)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Aren't those cables generally underground and inside the support structures for the cameras?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
this not suprising at all . i was impresed to see that it said how fast the subjects were moveing

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Helixer

I really wish would could just over throw every government smh

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Pay in cash and leave all your cards at home is the easiest to implement. Much harder to track you when you are not carrying any electronic devices. That includes cell phones and laptops. If they really want to track you, they probably will with some device on your person, vehicle..etc. Eliminate the ones you can.
edit on 12/27/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Think you are on to something with breaking the fiber optic cables, there must be access points somewhere.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Helixer

I am certified on two different platforms for surveillance systems, and can tell you from past personal experience, that these systems work well.

Not only can you track people, you can track objects, for instance a laptop. Over a 30 day period, using data stored from 1000's of cameras, I could tell you where a person went, whom he/she/it interacted with, and when. Big brother is here.

The last system I worked on, had 2500 terabytes of storage.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaakin

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Smashing the cameras isn't enough, the underlying infrastructure would also need to be defeated. Do you know how long it would take to find 100 breaks in a fiber optic cable? ;-)

Problem will be finding the fiber, plus in systems that I've set up, the fiber is set up for diversity. One fiber cut won't do it, and also without detailed drawings on where the fiber is, you won't be able to find it. Most larger government installations do not have tracer wire in the fiber (two reasons - cheaper and also for security), so finding it without the drawings is almost impossible, unless of course you are a contractor that is installing something else in the ground. Then, you will find it, of course and then pay for its repair..

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Yep, unless you can get to the mainframe of the system, cutting one wire is useless and also is detectable by many decent systems. You are correct, I worked for ADT for 10yrs and they are minute compared to some of the technology out there in the market.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
reply to post by Helixer

what gets me is I am allready seeing cameras on freeways not just intersections. and we allways see elderly person missing driving a blue ford etc on our electric billboards. Why cant they just use these cameras to see where she was last going or something? if our technology is so great why dont they use it to help people?
Oh wait oh wait I think I have the answer!.... because it wouldnt make any money using it for stuff like that!

It is about monitoring people. If you have a road accident or you get assaulted, the police in the UK always say that the cctv camera was not on. They are lying because the cameras are not for street safety or being a recording system for ordinary people. It is about the security services monitoring enemies of the state and revenue raising. Now if you drop a cigerette butt on the street in the UK, it is a £60 fine; that's about $100.

TPTB are putting the screws on ordinary people because they already finished the beta test. They had the entire US and UK baying for the heads of Muslims and we gave our rights away for security. Now we are the ones who are being targeted.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There is no fiber connecting any of the cameras any of you have ever seen. If you want to go smashing cameras, copper siamese wire, ethernet or 18/4 to baluns knock yourselves out. But leave the fiber alone, that is what everything from your precious internet to 911 run over.

If you really want to draw attention to yourselves take the leds out of your old remote controls, rig them up with a watch battery into a baseball cap and then go out at night.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

When we were installing one system for a University, one of my guys hooked up a Sony PTZ in the room that was serving as our main server room.

He set his backpack down and we headed down the hall to look at the next camera to install. We were gone for maybe 30 seconds.

In that time, a guy opens the door across the hall, steps into the room, looks right at the camera, then looks down and picks up our backpack.

We headed back to find the backpack gone, and with it most of our gear.

During the investigation, the lead investigator zoomed in on a still shot from the footage.

He looks at us and says "look right there, that's a gun in his pants". Sure enough, the a$$ had a gun.

They later found him, he killed two elderly people in NC during a breakin.

So, the cameras sometimes have good uses...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
reply to post by Helixer

I am certified on two different platforms for surveillance systems, and can tell you from past personal experience, that these systems work well.

Not only can you track people, you can track objects, for instance a laptop. Over a 30 day period, using data stored from 1000's of cameras, I could tell you where a person went, whom he/she/it interacted with, and when. Big brother is here.

The last system I worked on, had 2500 terabytes of storage.

I know these systems work because I work for a local authority in the UK and I have been to one of these CCTV centres.

The people who monitor these systems are very militeristic and are largely ex-military types.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join