It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now forty years ago Women were more beautiful inside,their souls..and Men more Naive...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Dear PuterMan,

Whilst I agree that the social consequences have gone, they have also gone for the children thus born and that is right. It is no longer a 'social crime' to be adopted, and that is how it should be, but let me tell you this:

My step daughter, who I raised since she was two and my brother in law would both agree as do I. I don't believe adoptions should ever be looked down on. What destroyed the families was changing laws and changing media. Mothers were looked down on and only working women were looked up to. Divorce and the Me Generation were popular. People sought discovering "self" over committing to relationships. I recommend that you read Rockefeller Commission on Population Stabilization. It was written in 1970 and outlined how the family would be weakened. Peace.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Were women more beautiful because their morality was higher in the '70
Not only more beautiful but with more morality regarding the behavior in the society, the back door thoughts usually use to stay back door,and the respect was respect within the society that use to raise people through education,the society was the family and the family her playground.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I'm just going to have to agree to disagree. Young people are way more disciplined and focused today than they were in the '70. There is no forced draft, and young men are free to choose their own futures now. Education, though expensive is more readily available to young people due to the internet and social networking.

They are heathier and more aware of health issues than the youth of the '70's. HIV/AIDS is well understood and the epidemic is rather under control here in the USA. Young people are more diet and excersise consciouse than the youth of the '70's.

The young men and women that I work with have strong family values. They are caring, healthy, strong and focused. They are beautiful inside and out.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

I'm just going to have to agree to disagree
Depends on the point of reference, personal or general.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Young people are way more disciplined and focused today than they were in the '70. There is no forced draft, and young men are free to choose their own futures now. Education, though expensive is more readily available to young people due to the internet and social networking.

They are heathier and more aware of health issues than the youth of the '70's. HIV/AIDS is well understood and the epidemic is rather under control here in the USA. Young people are more diet and excersise consciouse than the youth of the '70's.

The young men and women that I work with have strong family values. They are caring, healthy, strong and focused. They are beautiful inside and out.

I agree with you.

Kids today are amazing - - especially girls. IMO - its the first generation they can truly be free to be anything they want.

Moral? I get so sick of that word. No one defines what is Moral to me - - but me. And to me the independent self assured woman is about as moral as any woman can be.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And to me the independent self assured woman is about as moral as any woman can be.
The truth is buried somewhere in our minds as a great lie and from time to time we get it out take it for walk like dog.

Peace

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Annee

And to me the independent self assured woman is about as moral as any woman can be.
The truth is buried somewhere in our minds as a great lie and from time to time we get it out take it for walk like dog.

Peace

I think I live in the real world more then you do.

Idealism is a nice word.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I think I live in the real world more then you do.
The real world is different from different points of view,depend where you live...sorry my mistake..I mean how you live.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

real world
What you see through the window of your eyes when you look outside through the window of the world it's the reality that you want to see but not looking with the eyes of your soul through the window of your awareness.

edit on 2-1-2012 by diamondsmith because: .

edit on 2-1-2012 by diamondsmith because: .

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Part of the problem lies in the way we percieve modern life and you can thank the media for that. You're going to see the worst of people before you see the best, in the news, on televion and on the internet. So for as much time as people spend looking at the media, it's no wonder that people may think that the roles of men and women are worse now than they were in the '70's.

I'm a child of the '70's and I have to admit that times were simpler back then. You may not have had the amount of choices as you do now, but that doesn't make things better or worse. Just different. Therefore, it doesn't make people now better or worse than back then. Just different.

It's easy for people of my age to sit back and bellyache about how people have changed for the worse over time. The hard part it seems is acknowledging that people change with each passing generation. What we're saying now about this generation is probably no different than what they were saying in the '70's and how things were worse than they were in the '30's.

With each generation comes more choices in one fashion or another. That's not the issue IMO. It's what we DO with those choices. The kinds of choices and the amount of choices we have should not have a direct effect on what we do with them. But it seems that that is indeed the case. And that's probably where the problem lies. We feel that since we have a choice to do something, we are obligated to do it. We change in ways simply for the sake of it, then sit back and give ourselves high five's for "advancing" as humans. We forgot that just because you CAN do something, it doesn't mean you SHOULD.

That, and the types of advancements that we're seeing these days are not conducive to sitting back and putting rational thoughts into things. We have to act fast and think fast. Our computers need to be faster so WE need to be faster as well. We need to beat that a**hole beside us to the red light. People just don't seem to have the patience these days as they used to. There are exceptions to that rule of course, but by and large, people are just so busy they think they can fly past the graveyard. The same graveyard that is full of people too busy to die.

I've made my share of mistakes in my life, and they all have one thing in common: I didn't think my actions through. I didn't have enough patience to think logically about what I wanted or needed. I told myself last year that it's time to stop doing that and, lo and behold, I've been making better decisions. Sometimes it's hard though. Sometimes you can want something or someone so bad that the frustration and the inspiration are one in the same. But if the time isn't right, you're just going to have to wait. And you have to trust your insincts that it will pay off for you in the end.

People say that romance is dead now and that family values have gone out the window. Maybe they have. All I know is that those are the things that you have to wait for, work for and work at in order to get, keep and enjoy. In this day and age especially. If you don't, you have no one to blame but yourself if you never get them. But the good news is that it makes it so much easier to sit back and bitch about how the world and it's morals have gone down the #ter. YOU helped do the flushing after all.

If you ever find yourself in a position where you have to wait for another person to either catch up to you or tell you to quit wasting your time, wait until either of those things happen. Wait for them. You don't want to give up trying to better your life. If you do, you'll kick yourself in the end for not even trying. And who knows....you might even find an Ace up your sleeve that you never knew was there.

youtu.be...

edit on 8-1-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join