It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now forty years ago Women were more beautiful inside,their souls..and Men more Naive...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Even teenagers are donning their rose tinted specs and appreciate a time when family was the center of community and girls weren't vomiting in the streets with their knickers round their ankles.

I have to say I am pleased to hear that!!

reply to post by Annee

Well I am 63 and I would go back in some ways because as I mentioned what we have lost is respect. There is no reason why society cannot go forwards but also go back and pick that bit up that it dropped on the headlong rush to improve and control. And we could do with dropping much of the control.

edit on 1/1/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

TextBehaviorism is a major trend in psychology, one that directly follows from functionalism, the branch of psychology that focuses on the biological significance of natural processes, including behavior. Behaviorist theory goes further in its rejection of the unique nature of mental events. It does so by declaring that psychology is the study of only observable behaviors. Therefore, purely mental events, events that occur outside the realm of behavior are not the subject matter of psychology. In terms of a definition, behaviorism is the study of the relationship between individuals' environments and their behavior, without consulting hypothetical events that occur within their minds (Carlson & Buskist, 1997).
source(www.personalityresearch.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Suspiria

Even teenagers are donning their rose tinted specs and appreciate a time when family was the center of community and girls weren't vomiting in the streets with their knickers round their ankles.

I have to say I am pleased to hear that!!

reply to post by Annee

Well I am 63 and I would go back in some ways because as I mentioned what we have lost is respect. There is no reason why society cannot go forwards but also go back and pick that bit up that it dropped on the headlong rush to improve and control. And we could do with dropping much of the control.

You are a man for one thing. Have you experienced prejudice and discrimination because you are a man?

Here's an experiment for men. Sign up on a forum - say politics - with a feminine name and see if you get the same respect you do with a masculine name.

"Women were more beautiful inside their soul" - - - I assume that is from a man's perspective. Does that mean they were more motherly and nurturing? Yes! Well at my age I was brought up to cater to men and stroke their egos. Its kind of annoying if they don't in return admire my independence - intelligence - drive and commitment to life and career.

RESPECT. What exactly does that mean? A polite society is polite to each other? But who knows what goes on behind closed doors?

My mom was a polio victim. She wore a full length brace and 2 Kenny Sticks. Her and 3 kids under 10 were refused admittance to a restaurant because of insurance and it would upset the other customers.

Women were beat up by their husbands and told it was their fault. Their was no legal recourse.

As in my case after 14 years of marriage I asked for a divorce (he was jealous of his children). I had no legal recourse to anything that was not explicitly in my name: checking account - credit cards - insurance - etc.

LAWS TODAY have created a legal respecting society. The situations above are now illegal - - - and can also be brought out behind closed doors into a public forum.

Respect? Laws had to be made to create this respect from "polite society".

And - ya wanna know who one of the major opponents of the "Disability Act was? Christian churches. They fought against it on the platform it was too expensive to modify and construct access for the disabled.

There's some reality of going back in time.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

experiment
Social experiments are the most dangerous in a volatile environment as the Internet.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Maybe the difference is that I was brought up in England, because I can tell you that in my social sphere none of those things occurred. I am not naive, I know that they do occur, but that is not the way I was brought up. You seem to be making the broad assumption that all men are the same.

I was brought up to respect women, without whom there is no future, and to fend for myself because it is not my God given right to be waited on by a woman. A man who cannot cook, sew etc is worse than useless.

I have no idea about the beautiful inside bit as I did not say that despite the fact that you responded to me with it.

I am sorry that your experience of life has left you so bitter. That is a real shame.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
I am sorry that your experience of life has left you so bitter. That is a real shame.

That is your interpretation - - which actually says more about you then it does about me.

I love life. Believe in positive energy. Believe in each person being who they are inside - - not what society expects from them or expects them to be.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Annee

experiment
Social experiments are the most dangerous in a volatile environment as the Internet.
Oh Oh Oh,sorry,I forgot we are a social experiment here.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

experiment
Oh Oh Oh,sorry,I forgot we are a social experiment here.

LOL

Life is a social experiment or experience.

How boring would life be if we didn't change and evolve.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

evolve
Already, I feel that the era of rock with this evolution, is the better, we are lucky that we are in 2012 and there is little until...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I think now 40 even 20 years ago, women were different, more and more beautiful fine inside their souls ,and the men were more naive and agreeing certain things easier.

I was a young woman 40 years ago. Lets see, what was it like in 1972?

1972 This year is marked as a black year in history due to the use of terrorism entering sport with the massacre of 11 Israel Athletes by Arab Gunman. Also this is the beginning of the biggest political scandal in modern times and the start of the Watergate Scandal. On the other side of the Atlantic a worsening of the problems between the IRA and the British government see wrongs from both sides and innocent lives are lost.

Yep, Vietnam, Watergate, Kent State Massacre in 1970,
and Laugh In, for your 1970's moral perspective...

The family was the base and the rules were respected,instead of evolving we go back every day.I don't say that women are to blame or men, but abnormal development of the society, lack of education.I don't see any rules today,everything goes around on other morals(wonder what those are).I think somebody's got an answer for that, but I think in the same time that we can rebuild the base of the society,the family.

Don't forget the warm and fuzzy family role model Archie Bunker.

Why women aren't as 40 years ago,that beauty....

Were women more beautiful because their morality was higher in the '70? Was female morality higher in the '70? No! the '70 were free love, ban the bra, equal pay, protests and riots, sit-ins and love-ins. Marajauna, '___', The Grateful Dead, Sonny and Cher.....

Now, what was it about the '70 that produced women who were more beautiful than those of today?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I was a young woman 40 years ago
That is great,then you are the exception to the rule....good for you.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Now, what was it about the '70 that produced women who were more beautiful than those of today?
Because they have moral conduct.. what that may be and why...I don't know.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

What I'm getting is stereotypical society role playing.

Women had to be moral so they could get a husband. Because man wanted his woman to be pure.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Because man wanted his woman to be pure
Well,in my IMHO humble opinion(I think I was writing correctly)that was one of the most beautiful things,for those times,but,as an old song sings,

www.youtube.com...

edit on 1-1-2012 by diamondsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Because man wanted his woman to be pure
Well,in my IMHO humble opinion(I think I was writing correctly)that was one of the most beautiful things,for those times,but,as an old song sings,

You weren't the one who had to play the game of being the puritan woman - - with the only future - - a man who valued your virginity enough to marry you.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You weren't the one who had to play the game of being the puritan woman
Oh,oh what am I going to do,this site it's getting harder and harder for me....but those were the days!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

But women in the '70 didn't possess a moral highground. Government corruption was "in your face." The kids were wild, sexual and doing drugs, they were rebelling against their parents and "the man." The women were demanding equality and liberation, and throwing their bras away! They even stopped shaving their legs! Oh the horror!

How was Janis Joplin more moral than Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton or Britney Spears? How were the '70's more moral than now?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

'70's more moral than now
It depends on what unit know....

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

a man who valued your virginity enough to marry you.
Yes but now days they must discover first the gender(.brother/sister?)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

which actually says more about you then it does about me.

Really.

Pray do tell me what it says about me?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join