It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now forty years ago Women were more beautiful inside,their souls..and Men more Naive...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Then stop reproducing.
Like in China?You mean to diminish the birth rate?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Annee

Then stop reproducing.
Like in China?You mean to diminish the birth rate?

Are you getting off your own subject?

I didn't know we were discussing poverty.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I am very on topic,social relationships and automatically conduct oneself are determined by a lot of factors, now 40 years the consumption society was not so developed, so as to lead the attitudes absurd.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I am very on topic,social relationships and automatically conduct oneself are determined by a lot of factors, now 40 years the consumption society was not so developed, so as to lead the attitudes absurd.

Actually there's only one.

Make responsible choices.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Make responsible choices.
How many more are, if I am still.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Here's one for you.

Your daughter in another state (mid 30s) gets pregnant by her boyfriend. The baby is born - the boyfriend dies.

Do you leave your spouse/marriage in another state and make the choice to help raise the child? Or do you put more importance on your spouse/marriage and let the daughter figure it out? The daughter can not leave her state.

What choice would you make?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Take the child and his youre growing up in a certain age when things can change for the better.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Take the child and his youre growing up in a certain age when things can change for the better.

Take the child away from his mother?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

UNTIL THE AGE WHEN becomes aware of certain things, given the difficult situation family.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

UNTIL THE AGE WHEN becomes aware of certain things, given the difficult situation family.

Both the mother and the child just suffered a tremendous loss.

And now you want to take the child away from your grieving daughter and not let them bond?

When exactly have you decided this child becomes aware?

Oh - and you live in an adult complex - where you can't take the child.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh
Depends on age child, but can lead the discussion endlessly creating abstract social situation without a settlement consistent with the wishes wonders.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Oh
Depends on age child, but can lead the discussion endlessly creating abstract social situation without a settlement consistent with the wishes wonders.

No - it is not and endless discussion.

It is my real life.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It is my real life
If it meant that everything depends on the part material and temporal problem, which is the choice and sacrifice each.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It is my real life
If it meant that everything depends on the part material and temporal problem, which is the choice and sacrifice each.

I don't understand your point. What do you mean by temporal?

Anyway - - I am currently raising a 4 year old boy and an 11 year old girl - - in this world of today. Their mother has to work. There is no other income.

Cancer was definitely not the choice.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It is my real life

I don't understand your point. What do you mean by temporal?

Anyway - - I am currently raising a 4 year old boy and an 11 year old girl - - in this world of today. Their mother has to work. There is no other income.

Cancer was definitely not the choice.
Temporal, i.e reported the situation hypothetical before to turn a situation Personally, I am sorry for hurting you, God your help.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Personally, I am sorry for hurting you, God your help.

No worries.

I've just lived long enough and had enough experiences to know the difference between hypothetical and real life.

Keep questioning life.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thank you Annee, God help you and I am well that I Know you.Take care about you, because miracles still happen but we did not see them .

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

doing what felt good rather than that which is right.
reply to post by AQuestion

I am asking my self many times what is good and what is right these days.But I find no answer.

Dear diamondsmith,

It is good and right to help others. It is good and right to care about others and to forgive others. The evils of this world are selfishness. If you do all things in love than you do well. Peace.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

It is good and right to help others.
My dear Question, you are right but unfortunately there are too many people who hate the good and the beauty of others and those are the frustrated one,the blind in front of others suffering.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

There are no longer social consequences for adultery for instance or for having children without being married. I stopped watching television when I could no longer find examples of healthy families or honorable fathers. Once we separated love from sex, both men and women reverted to doing what felt good rather than that which is right.

Whilst the main points I agree with, that family has been eroded but what you both (you and diamondsmith) have missed is the reason why this has come about.

40 years ago people had respect. Respect for parents, respect for teachers, respect for police, respect for women etc. although I have to say that 40 years ago this was changing slowly.

There are many reasons why this has gone now but I feel the main reason is because of interference by the State in the affairs of people. Unfortunately the PC crowd have gone too far and basically ruined the whole shebang. The police have lost it because they in their turn lost respect for people and it became, and is, them and us, and teachers lost it because the wrong sort of people ended up being teachers as it was seen as a cushy number.

BUT

for having children without being married

Whilst I agree that the social consequences have gone, they have also gone for the children thus born and that is right. It is no longer a 'social crime' to be adopted, and that is how it should be, but let me tell you this:

I was adopted. My mother was a trainee teacher and my father in the Army. It was literally just after the war. My father was what would have been called in those days a cad. My mother was in love with him and he said he would marry her - before I was conceived. He was not to be trusted.

To cut a long story short I found my mother about 6 years ago, and sadly she died this last Christmas Day at 9 am BUT I know that when I found her a very great weight was lifted from her that she had borne for over 50 years, and I am glad that she passed on to another life (?) with that burden lifted for the last few years.

People make mistakes. At least as far as that goes I believe things have improved for the better.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join