It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it hard to find a Militia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have seen footage on TV about militias, but how hard is it to really find one? What is the existent of it's legality?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
In legal terms , wouldn't your post be called a leading question ? No one in a militia is going to give you the time of day. As far as I know, militias are legal, but not exactly politically correct.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

I assure you that it is simply a question. I have no interest in making myself a target. I just saw an episode of I (Almost) Got Away With It and there was a militiaman on it and it piqued my curiosity. That is all.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Depeneds on what a "Militia" entails. A oulaw biker club could technically be a militia because they, not only deal with large amounts of automatic weapons, they also have a huge amount of funding.

However a militia could be as simple as a group of farmers protecting their land from thieves...

It just needs to be defined furthur.

-SAP-
edit on 27-12-2011 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Walk into any small town in Alabama and announce you have a truckbed full of weapons. Militia will majickally appear from every nook and cranny.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mickd1337

Militias...You don't find them,they find you!
You really don't want to get involved with one
either.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Oh, believe me, it was only a question. I have no desire to get tied up into something like that. It's too radical for my taste.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Why shouldn't you get involved with them? Not a single one around me has ever done anything extremely radical. We are just concerned citizens who are preparing for any situation as well as possible SHTF scenarios. Many focus just as much on assisting local law enforcement and assisting during disasters as they focus on "anti-government" business. I am not going to say there aren't extremist and radicals out there but they are a minority, not a majority.

top topics

join