It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by sparrowstail

Really?

Maybe you misunderstood my post.
Too much for the users to digest...not so much the CIA.
We all know their technology is years beyond what is released to the public.
Sheesh...I figured that was common knowledge.

It's not a front.
It's just a group of like-minded individuals(with the occasional troll) who share ideas.
Most of the ideas stem from thoughts and research done by curious people.

Even if the gov't was interested in this site, it shouldn't matter to the users.
If they don't want the information out there, it's noticable what happens to said info...
This place is much more regulated then other shady sites I've been to.

OK fair enough. But what makes you so sure?
It just seems to me that with a name like Above Top Secret, the powers that be can't be supportive of the idea of folks discussing and exposing potential shady activities, corruption or lies. To think this hasn't caught their attention at some level is debatable at the least.
And its far more than curious like minded people sharing ideas. You could say that about facebook or twitter. This seems far more serious and potentially damning than just an innocent after school think tank. Denying ignorance can be a messy job after all can't it? That "meddling teenager" Assange comes to mind.
edit on 27-12-2011 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2011 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Just the other day we had another 'Roswell' thread. Like c'mon, use the search function, rather then asking probably the most overly talked about, most repetitive, most so obviously a UFO crash to anyone who's spent more then 5 mins researching the subject.

If this is a CIA front, i'd feel sorry for the poor Operative who has to scour ATS for all the info we post. He's probably tired of hearing about Ron Paul, too. I somehow don't think it is, really. It'd be more easy to put 'UFO' into google and see how many hits come up.

but if it is, maybe they look for keywords?! Bomb, Allah, Jihad, Whitehouse, Nuke, Obama, Spongebob Squarepants.

T&C in 3... 2... 1
edit on 27-12-2011 by MahmoudAhmadinejad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by lover088

When come ■■■■■■■■■■, ■■■■■ and similar we must be in silents, or we will be banned, or our post will be deleted and they will be protected whatever they say or split our threads.

That isn't true and you know it.
Sadly, he/she most likely doesn't know that, and he/she is not alone with those thoughts.

Too many people are capable of instantly blindly believing all sorts of ridiculous nonsense, while refusing to allow logic and reason to enter into the equation. By default, the only thing they can do, is attempt to turn logic and reason into the 'Evil Boogeymen'.

■■■■■■■■■■, ■■■■■ = 2 removed names.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Did you know that there is ATS and BTS? That stands for Above Top Secret, and Below Top Secret. The threads you mentioned are in Below Top Secret, which is for chit chat and non conspiracy topics. So if you want everything conspiracy, simply go to the conspiracy section. There's a place for everything here...that's why I love it. Go to the forum section, and choose what you are interested in.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
sorry for my absence, sleep will do that.
I thank people for their input, the idea of cia fronts etc..? again this does not need to be a front to gather information, but it is a place where true content can be hidden behind a wall of fluff, a barometer so to speak to see what people are thinking and how to distract people by using different methods.

As conspiracy people we tend to look for the conspiracy and dont see the world as others, but our own beliefs can be swayed or diverted into new directions, I would dare say that many people look at the headline page and run from there, a smaller group look through their favorite forums.

The idea of having so much information that ATS blows the lid of everything is incorrect, we have so much information that you cannot take it all in, and then when something of value does appear it gets drowned out by polar bear cubs or vigilante shop keepers, I dont believe copying a headline from msn that everyone can find is as important as finding something like papers from the club of rome or climate gate.

The Ron paul issue is important and of course the way he is isolated is ATS,

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
ATS is a dangerous condition, also known as; Acquired Turrets Syndrome

If you find yourselves randomly shouting curse words and disgusting phrases in public places, seek psychiatric care immediately.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Did you know that there is ATS and BTS? That stands for Above Top Secret, and Below Top Secret. The threads you mentioned are in Below Top Secret, which is for chit chat and non conspiracy topics. So if you want everything conspiracy, simply go to the conspiracy section. There's a place for everything here...that's why I love it. Go to the forum section, and choose what you are interested in.

Exactly...

To get the good stuff, we have to get a bit of everything. Just weed out the stupid and read on the interesting.

I find that alot of topics interest me. If this was strictly conspiracy, I probably wouldnt be here. Too much is too much sometimes and it gets old. Having variety and plenty of it is what keeps me reading ALL Day when I should be doing other things.

Granted, alot of stuff here I laugh at, because one has to admit, there is some crazyness here, but all youngins dream. I imagine much of it is from the younger ages. I was very much like that in my late teens - early 20s.

ATS is a double edged sword once in a while, and sometimes, certain users make my blood boil when I let them, but for the most part, I quite enjoy this place. It keeps me from thinking of things that non polstal adults shouldnt think of

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Originally posted by munkey66

As [color=FFE5B8]conspiracy people we tend to look for the conspiracy and [color=D3FFB5]dont see the world as others....
This↑ is the problem. Unfortunately, the problem is not yours alone.

You are in the majority, with this attitude.
You think you're special, but you're not.

'AboveTopSecret' is the domain name.
In reality, that does not mean that you will find highly classified information here.

[color=FFE5B8]ALL of the members on this site are [color=FFE5B8]people.
[color=FFE5B8]SOME of the members on this site are '[color=FFE5B8]conspiracy people'.

One important detail that many seem to easily forget, is that just because someone may agree with your opinion on one conspiracy, that does not mean that they will agree with your opinion on other conspiracies.

Usually, someone who uses the term '[color=FFE5B8]conspiracy people', is somebody who is not one.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
OK fair enough. But what makes you so sure?
It just seems to me that with a name like Above Top Secret, the powers that be can't be supportive of the idea of folks discussing and exposing potential shady activities, corruption or lies. To think this hasn't caught their attention at some level is debatable at the least.
And its far more than curious like minded people sharing ideas. You could say that about facebook or twitter. This seems far more serious and potentially damning than just an innocent after school think tank. Denying ignorance can be a messy job after all can't it? That "meddling teenager" Assange comes to mind.

I agree it's more than just people sharing ideas.
But I will never say it's more than that.

I guarantee someone has went through the files here.
Or they are currently monitoring this place.
Just like practically all social sites.
You gotta keep an eye out for crime right?
There are a few laws that make it simpler for them to do that coming up in 2012.

So even if they were paying attention, and reading some threads...
Do you think 'the watchers' agree with anything on this site?
Maybe there's more truth here than what they think.

So here's the real questions:
Are you saying that if this site ever gained an audience of 100-500 million people it would be bad?
Why would it be bad?
I.e.,
Does the government hide that much?
Are they scared?
Is the information in this site all opinions or facts?

That's the conspiracy!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The old phrase "all good things" comes to mind. I noticed at a young age what is applicable to your point now op, that all "cool or incredible" things start out underground. For me it was in underground music and clubs in the late 80's and early 90's. But after a few years in the mid 90's I noticed these places were over ran with the people and publicity that ultimately destroyed it. I don't think it's avoidable. After word gets out eventually what we once knew and loved changes into something else. This op is like other sites turned into a mockingbird contest. Who can copy and paste the newest headlines from infowars and drudge mainly, for the purpose of stars and flags. But unlike other areas of life there are simple enough ways around this as one mentioned above about narrowing down what you want to read/talk about by filtering with the forum categories function.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The old phrase "all good things" comes to mind. I noticed at a young age what is applicable to your point now op, that all "cool or incredible" things start out underground. For me it was in underground music and clubs in the late 80's and early 90's. But after a few years in the mid 90's I noticed these places were over ran with the people and publicity that ultimately destroyed it. I don't think it's avoidable. After word gets out eventually what we once knew and loved changes into something else. This op is like other sites turned into a mockingbird contest. Who can copy and paste the newest headlines from infowars and drudge mainly, for the purpose of stars and flags. But unlike other areas of life there are simple enough ways around this as one mentioned above about narrowing down what you want to read/talk about by filtering with the forum categories function.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join