It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This is not a rant but more an honest question as to what ATS is now.

First the back ground story.
A few years back I stumbled upon a little film called loose change, having always had an enquiring mind I decided to watch it and see what it had to say, well initially I was shocked and horrified at claims being made and it got me on the road of searching for truth, I went aimlessly from site to site finding over blown statements from 1 and other sites which where all too soft and fluffy.
I stumbled upon a great web site called ATS (Above top secret), I lurked for a year or 2 before finally committing to replying to a thread, these people where apparently educated and had a knack of sniffing out BS, of course this wasn't the only site I went to, but in the beginning it quenched the thirst for the answers I was looking for.

Of course just like any new conspiracy theorist I wanted to tell the world the truth, I saw a conspiracy in everything, losing friends and having family not wanting to get in conversations with me I started to once again ask questions.

I discovered that there weren’t as many conspiracies as I was lead to believe, there are conspiracies happening, but I found that my once beloved ATS was full of ordinary people such as myself looking for answers and many finding a conspiracy in the most simple of events or accidents.
Many not seeing that we are jumping at shadows that don’t even exist.

Now to the question at hand, I know web sites such as ATS grow and expand over time, and many are still looking for the conspiracies, but we are now seeing the cute and fluffy threads which have nothing to do with conspiracies and are far from above top secret, we are getting the same news under 5 different headings, people searching for stars and flags wanting to be the first with the breaking news, new age threads from entities from a distant galaxy which once again has nothing to do with conspiracies.

Is Above top secret still about being above top secret?

Please do not get me wrong, I love this site and still feel many important issues are raised, but are we getting lost in the sea of ordinary and missing the important secrets by design or by accident?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Some believe ardently that ATS is a CIA front. There are probably other agendas being met here that are more about taking the "temperature" of the wise minority or monitoring the flow of information than strictly denying ignorance and exposing 3 letter agencies. But who knows. Happy New Year
edit on 27-12-2011 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
You are right. It use to be a good site a few years ago. Now its getting quite repetitive with hoaxes. Some forums need to be taken down to avoid the overflow of garbage. And there must be restrictions to the number of threads one can start. That will ease the flow of information instead of mixing in the same old grinder.

I use to take everything with a grain of salt. Though some conspiracies are wide open, judgement cannot be bought unless there is a healthy contribution from the guys in the know-how. Of late it has been like debunking everything.
edit on 27-12-2011 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Maybe they should change the name from ats to Ron pauls blog because that's all that seems to be on The boards these days..

link   
You speak my mind, so - although you are obviously not chasing for them - I offer you the first star and & flag. Sifting through the posts and cleaning out the rubbish is a moderator's job. There are times indeed when there isn't much to read on this site, but I always go back on my bookmarks and enjoy the true flavour of ATS. It is not a matter of "love it or hate it". People here are more than able to see the shades of gray as well. At least I do, therefore I enjoy this site on a daily basis.

link   
reply to post by munkey66

Well if ATS is a front for the CIA, then the CIA isn't very smart.
There's too much information here to digest about the state of affairs here in the US.
And I don't think they want all that information out there. (here)

Anyone who thinks anything negative towards this site just needs to search.
There are threads here that put most Congressional Hearings to shame.

We've opened up the biggest can of worms in the history of the US....
Right here on this very site!

For anyone questioning "What is ATS?"

Just look here:
We are ATS! (updated 3-13-11)

That pretty much sums it up....
(thanks Slayer69)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Maybe they should change the name from ats to Ron pauls blog because that's all that seems to be on The boards these days..

Maybe you didnt notice importance for the US and the World electing Ron Paul as POTUS like majority of members here. I'm not American but electing Ron Paul as POTUS is most important thing for the planet in 21 st century in a positive way.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Everyone loves a good underdog story.
All my life my views locally have been met with raised eyebrow or the "giggle slide". Paul resonates with many people here who are fed up with having no voice and representation. Many here see Ron Paul as a glimmer of hope. Albeit a very small David against a very goliath Goliath.

I once read that any good theory will overstate its case. Perhaps this is what is happening here.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics with a diverse mix of users from all over the world.

About ATS

While the site used to be heavily focused on Aliens/UFOs and Conspiracies, it now has a comprehensive range of topics to share and discuss with its membership. Remember that the size of the membership has increased substantially in the last several years and this is why the focus has changed from just a few topics to many other alternative topics.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Have you ever seen the matrix? I know cliche movie to quote on a conspiracy site but bear with me.

In the matrix the machines that controlled the system within which the matrix existed needed to balance out the equation to keep the batteries under control. The way they did this was by creating " Zion". They used the last accumulated data from the One to select sheep from the matrix to be unplugged and to run Zion until it was time again to cull the rebels and start all over again.

Think of ATS as Zion just before the fall.

The people that are unplugged from the system eventually filter down here, and as the site grows and becomes more popular so does its influence. There will be a tipping point when the amount of so called awakened will outnumber the zombies. when that happens its time to reset the system and start all over again.

This is one of the biggest conspiracy sites on the net, dont doubt that. And if the secret service wasnt monitoring this site then they are a bunch of incompetent morons....more so than even we suspect them to be. If i was in charge of the CIA or NSA i would keep my eye on whats being discussed here. Its common sense.
edit on 27-12-2011 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2011 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lover088

Phage is a voice of reason on here and you think that's a bad thing?

I often wonder about the age range of some of the posters here because they behave like 13, 14 year olds, especially the ones that do nothing but call others names, reinforce the status quo and refuse to use the search function when starting threads.

I could easily be wrong. I'm 30 by the way.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Well if ATS is a front for the CIA, then the CIA isn't very smart.
There's too much information here to digest about the state of affairs here in the US.
And I don't think they want all that information out there. (here)

Anyone who thinks anything negative towards this site just needs to search.
There are threads here that put most Congressional Hearings to shame.

We've opened up the biggest can of worms in the history of the US....
Right here on this very site!

For anyone questioning "What is ATS?"

Just look here:
We are ATS! (updated 3-13-11)

That pretty much sums it up....
(thanks Slayer69)

I have no idea if there are other agendas and interests here at ATS but I find your statements to be seemingly naive. To say there is too much information here to digest is preposterous. Seeing as how the CIA gave us the internet to begin with. To think they haven't progressed technologically since the 40's or 50's when it was created is ludicrous. They are leap years ahead of the internet and leap years ahead of any way you can imagine when it comes to processing and making use of said information. They could easily do it if they wanted to. The question is are they? or how intensely?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I never seen Ron Paul but that is because I have all the political boards hidden
but yea I have had people who I send here say the same.

I love the hide forum feature. I only see the forums I like

OP..... I have been on ATS for just about 3yrs and it has changed but like with anything online and things evolving it was bound to happen.

I still LOVE this place and honestly it actually caused an argument with my fiancee last night. lol

I find all kinds of cool information and sites via ATS and members on here. Just yesterday Armap linked me to a site will probably live on now as well as ATS
and others have sent me links to sites I never would have found before on my own.

To me ATS is a great place to find people with like minds and opposing views. Before I joined ATS I was very quiet about my views and experiences because nobody I knew even cared or remotely had a clue about things I liked or enjoyed. It was refreshing to not feel so crazy and see that I am not the only one with certain experiences or views. It made me feel much better about my own views and thoughts. I no longer shy away from discussing such topics.

I also like ATS for the friends i have made, some are like family even though we have never met, well I met a couple members

I never really thought I would find anything top secret on here since everything people post is linked to sites on the internet

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lover088

When come Chadwickus, Phage and similar we must be in silents, or we will be banned, or our post will be deleted and they will be protected whatever they say or split our threads.

edit on 27-12-2011 by lover088 because: (no reason given)

That isn't true and you know it.

They are good contributing members and they do know what they are talking about so why be negative?

You only get banned or posts deleted if you violate the T&C and many get all huffy in their replies to them and you don't know what goes on behind the scenes so saying this isn't fair.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
ATS is a place for people to post their thoughts/ideas/ points of discussion in order for their thoughts to be heard and discussion to be generated.

I hear all the time that ATS is a CIA front although I don't personally buy that, it seems too obvious to me.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Overall, I agree with most of what you're saying.
Such as too much [color=FF70D4]Cute & Fluffy, and the quest for the elusive stars & flags.

On the other hand, I don't see the word 'Conspiracy', anywhere on this logo.

ATS is much more than just a 'Conspiracy Website.'

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

Really?

Maybe you misunderstood my post.
Too much for the users to digest...not so much the CIA.
We all know their technology is years beyond what is released to the public.
Sheesh...I figured that was common knowledge.

It's not a front.
It's just a group of like-minded individuals(with the occasional troll) who share ideas.
Most of the ideas stem from thoughts and research done by curious people.

Even if the gov't was interested in this site, it shouldn't matter to the users.
If they don't want the information out there, it's noticable what happens to said info...
This place is much more regulated then other shady sites I've been to.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

edit on 27-12-2011 by redstorm because: ats is above top secret.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
…. This is ATS, really I thought it was the Ron Paul fan forum.

Really though I have only been here a few months and I have seen things go downhill it might just be that I stumbled across this site on a good day. I don’t post on as many threads as I would like to because I know that with some topics there is just no point and others (I would say 80% of the stuff on ATS) I have zero interest in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join