It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico: police arrested over torture video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Mexico: police arrested over torture video

old.news.yahoo.com

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – Mexican authorities arrested five policemen on Monday on suspicion of torture after a video was made public showing police officers submerging a detainee's head in a bucket of water.

An official at the attorney general's office said five Mexico City police officers were taken into custody over the alleged torture, which took place in the capital's tough inner city neighborhood of Tepito last month.

Soon after the incident, a video was posted on the Internet showing a man with his shirt pulled over his head being dunked in a bucket of water while in the custody of a unit of well-armed policemen. www.youtube.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-12-2011 by pillock because: youtube link wrong

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This sounds like torture to me , but what if it is the only way to crackdown on drug trafficking ? The Mexican cartels strike fear into the hearts of the general population . So should the police use the same tactics to get information ? I think it is barbaric , but what do you think ?
PS: I did search but found no other posts about this .If I have created a double post please delete

old.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

I agree with you entirely with being outraged....then stepping back with a real big '....but lets hear more first..'. I think many of us have seen the sheer evil some of those cartel turkey doctors can do to their fellow human beings..and I need not get more graphic than that. If someone has seen the images, they'll never "unsee" it. If not....don't go looking for them. Some things are truly better left alone on the net.

If water boy was one of those cartel killers or turkey doctors, then I'd want tickets for the next show, not discipline for the cops who are putting it on. The civil war down there has aspects that are beyond belief to a polite American mind...and need to be considered before condemning anyone out of hand for what we see a small snippet of.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Lower oneself to the level of action committed by the very ones that you oppose is evidence that the opposition has succeeded.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by pillock

I agree with you entirely with being outraged....then stepping back with a real big '....but lets hear more first..'. I think many of us have seen the sheer evil some of those cartel turkey doctors can do to their fellow human beings..and I need not get more graphic than that. If someone has seen the images, they'll never "unsee" it. If not....don't go looking for them. Some things are truly better left alone on the net.

If water boy was one of those cartel killers or turkey doctors, then I'd want tickets for the next show, not discipline for the cops who are putting it on. The civil war down there has aspects that are beyond belief to a polite American mind...and need to be considered before condemning anyone out of hand for what we see a small snippet of.

Just my thoughts.

That is the thing isn't it ? was he found guilty before the dunking ? or was he just being questioned. It looks like he was just being questioned , & that is wrong , however if he was found guilty is this type of torture / questioning justified ? I am swinging 50/50 on this (if proven guilty) scumbags V humanitarian

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This is very good to see... it needs to happen more.

And you know you live in crazy land when Mexico is less corrupt than certain parts of our ``first world countries`` when you see stuff like this :

Lee County Deputies Pepper Spray Man to Death

And of course the police was found to have not done anything wrong... and this is just ONE example of what's going on in our so called ``civilized`` countries.
edit on 27-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This is wrong, totally wrong.
Animals do not torture, people do, think about that.
Enjoying the potential of quick results, obtained this way is like enjoying a great roller-coaster ride while you know the track is not safe and the ride is gonna derail.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Wow, police officers performing torture...Hmm...It seems that the cartel's deep pocket books and supply of military training has hit the police and now they are working for them (I assume).

I am quiet sure this somehow ties to the cartel buisness going on down there that is eventually going to spill into the U.S (If it already hasn't. I have heard the CIA funds and trains some cartels like Los Zetas).

If this is true...Bad news for the Mexican population. More like MORE bad news. Good luck Mexico!

-SAP-

new topics

top topics

join