It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican opens secret Archives

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
But now 100 of the most historically significant documents held by the Vatican's Secret Archives are to go on public display in Rome – the first and probably last time that they will leave the buttressed stone walls of the tiny city state. www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
What's the bet they go missing never to be seen again

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
My question is ...

Why are they leaving the Vatican?

Is it possible that they are worried that they may be in danger of being destroyed if they remain there?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
but what about the papal pr0n stash? i remember hearing years ago that the vatican had the biggest stash of printed pr0n in the world hidden away

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Bet they dont show the missing chapters from the Bible, or Galileo Galilei and Leonardo Da Vinci's missing codex/folia. Also they supposedly have lots of ancient Sumerian tablets with some interesting astronomical information that will never see the light of day.
edit on 27-12-2011 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Well, I have to hand it to the Vatican. They don't miss a trick and they're as forward thinking as the Chinese sometimes. A one time show of 'some of' the best and most secret they have eh? Yeah... interesting to who, outside of academics and deep historians??

This way, in 6-9 months when the world is looking anywhere for answers to the chaos we may very well be seeing by then, the Vatican can sit back and say '-but but but... remember? We had a once in history showing of our best! Of course we have nothing to share on any of this!-'.

I'm sure I'm just growing too cynical with everything going on...but with everything in mind, it's hard to see any major 'odd' events as happening in isolation and without consideration to outside events. Hmmmm
edit on 27-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Bet they dont show the missing chapters from the Bible, or Galileo Galilei and Leonardo Da Vinci's missing codex/folia. Also they supposedly have lots of ancient Sumerian tablets with some interesting astronomical information that will never see the light of day.

Yea i agree, they'll do this and quiet a lot of people for doing so. But they are going to weed out any of the earth shattering material, like the ones you spoke of.

Great step though.
edit on 27-12-2011 by dannotz because: add

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Think i read somewhere they have a chronovisor/time viewer whose existence was alleged by Father François Brune, author of several books on paranormal phenomena and religion. The good stuff will stay buried, its just a PR stunt me thinks.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Did anyone believe the first sentence of the article?

But now 100 of the most historically significant documents held by the Vatican's Secret Archives are to go on public display in Rome.

"Most historically significant". Yeah right.

I think they're just releasing garbage to support some agenda they have for the near future. They'll say, "but looooook at the documents!"

Release them all or bugger off!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
With 50 miles of shelves! these 100 documents must be huge! Imagine if they opened them there, 100 boring nothing to say papers infront of 50 miles of documents, The most important! so the rest must be a load of nothing to say either.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

If I could read Latin I might be incredibly excited, this is a very important exhibition, and even if I cannot read the majority of it, I think I will still do my best to try and get to Rome this year to see them.

For those who didn't read the article, the exhibition is of the private correspondence of the Papacy, going back to the 8th century, whatever works are concealed within the archives elsewhere, perhaps long forgotten, will have left their clues in these correspondences. Just as, the correspondence between the Pope and Philip of France will help expand our perspective on the Templar and Cathar persecutions. It will also help us to understand the Church's impotency in the second world war and their failure to stand up to the persecution of the Jews.

Whatever else the Roman Church has been guilty of in the past, they are at least beginning to understand the need to break down doors and let the light shine in. As long as lessons are learnt there is no need for us to be ashamed of our past failings, hiding them only prevents the understanding necessary for healing. I commend them for taking this important first step.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
what's the good stuff the Vatican is hiding.

it is the Church of Christ. it has an unbroken line of Popes dating back to St. Peter who was an Apostle of Christ and witnessed His resurrection.

The good stuff is already published. it's called the Bible.
\

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
No the good stuff is sitting in the 50 plus miles of archives below Vatican city. We the people will never be prive to the innerworkings of the Catholic church, they just have to much to hide. The things these people have done in the name of there socalled religion are far too numerous and evil to even begin to list!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What will happens is that the vatican won't release some boring papers but will release something to confirm the existence of Christ. Whether this is a genuine paper(s) or a very good forgery from their own people would be anyone's guess.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Funny how a religion hides truth and people blindly still follow it and swear by it. Fact is they have some important information about human history, hiding it should be considered a crime.

To not know the past, you are doomed to repeat it. Seems they want it repeated.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
guess its made public to couver ther child abuse history......

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
My question is ...

Why are they leaving the Vatican?

Is it possible that they are worried that they may be in danger of being destroyed if they remain there?

According to Nostradaumus, the church is supposed to move due to something vile happening. Maybe they see this too?

Even according to the papal prophecy, something dire should be happening soon..

Perhaps they know something and they need to get the most important documents to safety. Kinda like the mona lisa in 2012.. the fake was put up and the real one was sent to storage.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

What "missing chapters of the Bible"? We have almost all the source documents, even to stuff that has been agreed is utter garbage.

There are only a few books that we don't have (referenced in other documents that we do have) and the Catholics don't have them either.

Also, what is it with the Sumerian tablets bit?

They were PRIMITIVE people who knew "stuff all" about anything, especially Astronomy.

Only a tiny number of their people (scribes) actually knew how to write and do basic mathematics. They hadn't even figured out that there were more efficient writing materials than wet clay.

Most of their writings were counts of head of cattle.

Human knowledge has slowly accumulated over the millennia since then. Very little has actually been lost that has not been rediscovered.
edit on 27/12/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/12/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hmmm...interesting.
Interesting replies too.

I find it strange however that some hold the papalcy in such high esteem, to the point that the pope can do no wrong. History however shows the opposite: indulgences, wars, nepotism and so on....

Releasing the most historically important things? Important to who? Why not open everything? Why such a small gensture, why any gesture?

I remember reading on a number of occassions something along the lines of 'knowledge will be revealed close to the end' or something similar. Could this gesture infer we are getting close to the end/begining?

Still think there is more to this than meets the eye.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Also, what is it with the Sumerian tablets bit?

They were PRIMITIVE people who knew "stuff all" about anything, especially Astronomy.

Only a tiny number of their people (scribes) actually knew how to write and do basic mathematics. They hadn't even figured out that there were more efficient writing materials than wet clay.

Most of their writings were counts of head of cattle.

Human knowledge has slowly accumulated over the millennia since then. Very little has actually been lost that has not been rediscovered

You are vastly underestimating the knowledge these people had. They were the first civilization, and our civilization is based on everything they achieved. You are right that only some had knowledge, but they were not scribes, they were the priests and the nobles, and their knowledge about astronomy and mathematics was more advanced then what we had in europe a few hundred years ago.

Oh and the first evidence of paper (papyrus) is from about 4000 BC.

At least take the time to read a bit about ancient cultures before you go blabbing about them.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join