It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do YOU think will happen to humanity?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
And by that I mean, what do you think is the future of us? Do you think we will go extinct in 1000 years? 10,000? How long do you think we will last? Also what do you think we will do when the World really ends? Do you think we'll last that long?

And by that I mean, when the Sun becomes too hot for the Earth to be able to maintain life. It's a well known fact that as the Sun gets older it's temperature will continue to gradually increase until it becomes too hot for Earth to be able to have water on it's surface.

Personally I don't think we will last that long, and if we do we better have found a planet to be able to sustain life.

I don't want to drag religion in this thread but when you really think about it, it just makes everything about it sound obsolete when you realize that everything will end eventually. Even the Universe will die. Do you think there's a heaven for dead universes? If there is a God then I want to know why he put us on a planet that will get engulfed by it's star in 5 billion years. What was our purpose then? In a Universe that is billions upon billions of light years across what makes us so damn special that we deserve a special place for us to go once we die?

What is our purpose then, if there is a God, for us to exist on a rock that can get annihilated by a comet or an asteroid at any given moment and wipe us all away? And I don't want to piss on anyone's bonfire, but I doubt that the Sun would stop glowing if we were wiped off the Earth. The Universe would continue to exist just as it was before and nothing would change.

And I will end this post on that note, before I get side tracked. But when you start to think like this then every problem you're facing right now seems so small. To think that we're wasting our lives inside our rooms watching American Idol, and our kids caring about nothing more than the latest Justin Bieber song..it really makes you feel pity for them in a way. I'm not saying that I'm above everyone else or that I've discovered the meaning of life because I haven't. I'm just saying that I'm starting to look at everything in a different way.

Different in that, I don't look at my life as a human and take everything for granted. We're not normal, compared to all of the planets we have found so far..we're a freak accident of the Universe. That's not to say that there's not a planet out there that could be Earth like, but I'm just going by the planets we've discovered. I think mostly everyone thinks of life like somehow it's normal. Like we're always going to be here. But it's not, everything will end eventually.

All those blue skies on the most beautiful spring days, that's not normal compared to everything within 50 light years of us. We should feel lucky to even be alive, and eve more so during this time period of Earth. For most of it's life Earth will not be able to sustain life. I don't know how people can attribute everything to God. Why don't we just accept that everything around us is the work of forces much greater than us? Plate tectonics, which gave work to all those mountains, the chemical composition of our atmosphere which gives us all of those blue skies which we love. See? Why does everything have to be attributed to a God with supernatural powers which died for our "sins"?

Just think about all this for a second.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

We'll either go extinct or evolve past recognition. This won't happen anytime soon though, of course. In the foreseeable future there is a possibility that resources simply will decline in abundance and poverty etc will become more of a problem than it already is, thus diminishing or stagnating the population.

I agree that the beauty of nature doesn't need a god with which to be attributed it. But many people like the idea. Think about it. Can you imagine, truly imagine, ceasing to exist? So a god is included for ease of interpretation. I like second thermodynamic law to explain our existence - as time moves, disorder will always increase. The arising and perpetuation of life is natural the product of this thermodynamics. Physical, mathematical product of logic.

And the Earth will be fine. If you look at the history of Earth, before the humans, you'll see many mass extinctions, where almost all life on Earth has died out. The end of dinosaurs was just one little incident, incident that happened many times before and even worse. So we might be gone one day, but life will go on. Maybe cockroaches will become the dominant species.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Humanity, as it stands, has less than 50 years until they've been weeded down to so very few compared to now, with all the poisons and gmo's and the spraying and on and on killing off the natural life on earth and mutating it into something else, if not just extinction. I know the physical Earth may be here for some time, but I think people underestimate evil science and it's ability to alter, or destroy, all life on Earth. And it's been going on for a while now, so we're nearing the "mass die off's" that signal to the herd beasts something may be amiss.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
We will be destroyed with the rest of the Earth when the sun Super Novas if we haven't found a way to travel to a life sustaining planet by then.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This Age will fade into the forgotten past as the past Ages of mankind have as well.

This is a cyclical process mankind has experienced several times.

This Age will be destroyed by our own hand coupled with catastrophic Earth changes amplified by Celestial events. As the past Ages have also met their end.

But, not all men will meet their demise, some will survive, nature will choose from itself the ones to start the rebuilding process. Mankind will follow the same path we have followed in this Age.
The erosion of time will turn this culture to dust, and mankind will again start the long road of rebuilding our society and technology, as we have repeated time and time again.

Mankind has yet to learn, or maybe we are incapable of learning the lesson that is required for us to break this cycle of rebirth, growth, and death.

Look at our society we have created, greed, gluttony, covetousness, this is our contribution to the uplifting of mankind.

But,

We are not fully to blame in this, those who would have made a difference, those who would have led mankind to a new future have died before the changes could take hold either assassinated or natural cause, each of the “leaders” died before their dreams could be realized.

And,

Those who desire the fruits of enslavement are allowed long and successful lives, their dreams coming to fruition.

It is almost as if it is our destiny to destroy ourselves.

Fate ?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I think the film Idiocracy is a pretty good vision of the way things are going for mankind in the not to distant future.

www.imdb.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-12-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I think the only thing that will end us is the end of the planet and only if we haven't spread through the galaxy. We've survived ELE's in the past while at previous stages of our evolution and we'll continue to evolve.

I think we'll be ok.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
We are killing ourselves by treating this planet like it belongs to somebody else.
The ozone layer is fast disappearing as are natural resources.
In the future, should we find another planet to evacuate to, do you think it will be the 'average Joe's' that will be on Star-ship Enterprise or those chosen by the politicians and the military?
Goodbye cruel world!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

Well they will need their slaves..so maybe you and I can get a 3rd class ticket on that ship?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I made a thread about this yesterday....if you dont mind I am kind of tired so I´ll just copy and paste what I think will happen in the near future....sorry...I´ll have more energy after about 3 more cofees

so.....IMO.....
1. Dollar and Euro fall......
2. Riots and general disorder to follow.......
3. Censorship.....internet closed for good.....only private networks will remain
4. if by that time Ron is president of USA.....military intervention of government.....hello dictatorship good bye Ron
5. invasion of South America starting with mexico by police forces.....
6. World wide.....small conflicts to eliminate opposition to a consolidated Western Empire........
7. If all goes well....Amero to be introduced as new currency......Europe to use the English pound since it might survive........
8. Tighten clamp ....elimintation of remaining dissidents population through bio warefare on them and general population.....
9. Nukes and more nukes....count on M.A.D. being true...fallout to be survived in space or underground....long term...the world is yours....
10............rebuild in NWO's image....and live happily ever after.......the end.....?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

On Earth I would wager that we end up destroying ourselves and or polluting our planet so bad that it will be beyond repair for eons if ever.

Humanity's technological advancement out raced his spiritual advancement.

It's like the two lines below: When you have the first two sets of lines it equals the destruction of a "intelligent species"

Technological advancement
------------------------------------------------

Spiritual advancement
----------------

In order for a species to advance to a "Class 1 species (Read Dr. Michio Kaku's books), we are still a class 0) you need a species, in order to survive long enough to reach being a Class1 to have a intelligent species to have both their technological and spiritual advancement to pretty much advance together at the same rate like shown in the lines below

Technological advancement
--------------------------------------------------

Spiritual advancement
------------------------------------------------------

By spiritual advancement, and this is where it gets scary, look at the responses on another thread on ATS about , "Is too much wealth enough, "Should there be a cap on wealth?" or "How much wealth is too much", should some be allowed to have too much they can never logically use / spend what they have all the while we have, each and every day tens of thousands of people dying of starvation.

We now have to pay large corporations for clean water that they (the large corporations) polluted. the fresh water didn't start out polluted and should be free for everyone. See my thread "Why do we have to pay to live on a planet we were born on?" and read the responses - that is why we are doomed - mankind's greediness, stupidity and apathy towards each other.

The water and air started out clean - the large corporations polluted it and now we have to pay them to clean it - make sense? No, it's insane but most of you don't see or care.

Most people on ATS and I am assuming the majority of ATSers are above average intelligence and at least are searching for the truth say, "Oh if I want to make a zillion dollars and spend it all on myself that is just fine and dandy, let 23,000 people starve to death each and every day, mostly children who had the bad luck to be born into poverty.

You have people that will not unite and rebel against a now globally corrupt and outdated money system.

You have people that are easily manipulated by the 1% with fear, fear of communists, fear of terrorists, fear of A CREATED ENEMY into continuously warring with each other.

We still have people who believe the planet was created in 7 days, that Allah is almighty, that there is a man in the sky that made us in his image (see Ricky Gervais in the movie, "The Invention of Lying".

People that would rather play with their xboxes, yak endlessly on their cell phones, watch mind numbing TV that is brain washing them, people that vote in, maintain and allow corrupt governments that are run by large corporations and banks.

Read the cute, sarcastic, mean and dumb remarks here on ATS.

Humanity has not really progressed much.

Granted it's no longer common to see a head on a pike or be able to bring the kids and a picnic basket to watch a public execution (people use to do that).

But, while we have the power to split the atom, at the very same time we have people who still wear towels on their head, make their women wear black veils, worship a man in the sky, profess to be good little Christians all at the same time we continue to allow the 1% of greedy psychopaths to manipulate us into doing the real actual work at ridiculously low wages while those that sit at a desk (the big shots) play PC Golf or chat on ATS during company time.

We keep allowing the 1% to manipulate us by fear into wars when in actuality we are sending our sons and daughters off to fight not for just causes (911 was a false flag operation) but off to war to plunder another country's oil and other resources.

Unless there are "space brothers", "care takers" that have stored some of our seeds and hopefully done a few "upgrades" to weed out Homo sapien's primate murderous tendencies - we my good fellow humans are doomed.

Greed and stupidity will be our downfall.

Too many people simply do not understand we are all parts to "the source", the grand whole some call God.

Most people are service to self and religious and that equals end of species via self destruction.

Where as we really needed (this time around because I think humanity has gone through this before a couple times) to be service to others and spiritual.

In other words, real love, caring and sharing of each other vs. being greedy, hateful and thinking only of one's self.

Been nice knowing all of you....................but, if there is such a thing as reincarnation, I can only hope I incarnate as something other than Homo sapien and on some other planet where the intelligent life form hasn't allowed their planet to be desecrated.

Peace and safe journey.
edit on 27-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

My husband agrees with you.

I hope you are right and I am wrong.

And I love your avatar, adorable!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

Starred.............good point.

Some say that we have a secret space program and that some of the elite already are off planet but that's another thread,another conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by steveknows

My husband agrees with you.

I hope you are right and I am wrong.

And I love your avatar, adorable!!!!

Oh thank you for your nice words
I hope I'm right as well.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Star for summing up my opinion of humanity...
...AND because I'm a big Dr. Kaku fan.

Humanity has not really progressed much.

We've not...in fact, I would say we are regressing back to feudalism, fundamentalism and tribalism; a new Dark Age.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by madhatr137

But I found a video this morning that gives one hope.

And for all you David Icke bashers out there...........bugger off (love English expressions).

At least this is inspiring.............don't give up hope.

It's cold dark and gloomy where I am but I had a cup of coffee, a egg beater breakfast burrito and all our Christmas lights are on.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Try to pray, meditate or send good healing thoughts vs. negative, hateful or sad thoughts, maybe we can work our way out of the current mess we are in TOGETHER.

United we stand - divided we fall.

We all need each other more than most of you realize.

edit on 27-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
What will happen to humanity?

Personally I think we are going to hell in a hand basket and this is why.

The human race has built 420 "known" nuke stations around the world. There are many also secret. So lets have a conservative number of five hundred including subs and warships.

After fukashima I rate our chances of survival at about 3% out of a hundred. Some may survive if they are seriously isolated, but the rest will either evolve into some kind of hideous monstrosity or dies off through radiation poisoning.

The 3% also is calculated by war factors of bioweapons, chemical weapons, nukes and neutron bombs.

We have allowed ourselves to become doomed unfotunatley.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Sentience in a 3D creature is an abberation, a highly unstable and transient phenomina - and probably more of an experiment or intervention/correction by higher powers, that a natural development. (fall of the Aeon Sophia and the Chistos correction)

As it is we are on track to progress from smart monkeys to bio engineered, nano tech and A.I assisted immortal cyborgs in a blink of geological time - well that is if the hypersmart replicating nano-bots don't find us superflous and go on to colonise the universe on their own - wiping out any superflous civilisations as they go.

And that is why we are either unique in the universe - or higher (divine) powers regulate the universe so this doesn't happen - which is why we can expect a reset/shift/acension ect in the nearish future.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I can't see past a blade runneresque future of pollution and superviruses, giant multicorperations, an evolution of a Chinese state while the powers of the west dwindle away until bang!!! Monkey ape invasion in a planet of the apes style scenario and we're all hunted to near extinction apart from those of us fortunate to be abducted to an alien petting zoo of failed races of what might have been...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Star for your post.

And, from my research we don't know the half of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster.

TPTB have planned their course of action well.

It's almost like our planet is being re-terraformed.

Watch the movie, the original not sequel "The Arrival".

Now re-read the fourth line down again and start putting the puzzle pieces together.

Our atmosphere/ozone/air, water, soil, all facets of our planet are being changed over.

Just coincedence? Just natural cycles coming into play? Just accidents?

Or something else?

Maybe, note I said maybe and no I'm not keyboarding from a padded cell or on medication (except 1 blood pressure pill)....................maybe our planet is being changed over to accommodate another more intelligent species.

Maybe we've been at war (a covert war) and not even aware of it.

Nuclear energy, and I happen to live in the state with the most nuclear power plants in the entire country........nuclear energy, it's waste is harmful to the human body, I know from nursing cancer patients that had radiation treatments. The radiation "treatment" was more horrible and killed them faster than the cancer. I've seen first hand quite a few patients die from radiation poisoning and it's a horrible way to die.

Mankind having nuclear energy is like giving a two year old a blow torch and showing him how to turn it on.

We've grown too big for our britches, we've outsmarted ourselves into possible annihilation.

Start researching on how many people have tried to bring clean, free (that's the key word FREE), abundant energy to the public that have met "fatal accidents, disappeared or met sudden rare forms of cancer or other illnesses or suicides.

That's another thread, another conspiracy that needs to be explored.

edit on 27-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: spelling

<<   2 >>

join