It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Get Serious. How Can We Save The World, An Awake Others To Take Action? [Brainstorming Session]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
my friend had this to say today...

(ceterum censco) the land will become desolation

And Rome is to burn yet again for its evilness

I will try try to plot the magnetic eclipse the best I can, meanwhile be very wary of strange weather,
it could begin to act quiet strangely bigger storms more powerful and wild, this could take from now (1) to several years

This problem is coming from northern hemisphere, as it loses its magnetic fields, we in southern hemisphere our fields will intensify

This, as you I hope understand, means much colder weather including snow and ice and that's broadly speaking

It could be the Antarctic Ice will begin to extend, there oceans are going to expand and that water has go some where

As this happens they are going to lose there protection over head from Gamma and other rays, its why they are losing there bees

Its what Nostradamus was pointing to in the Rose, the rose petals are the lights of Jeremiah, and the last thing we need in the southern Hemisphere

Its any Pyramids, and that's what I was trying to get across to H******* , I do wish he had listened, for they are going to pay dearly for there ignorance

Learn to be more viguant of the weather and climate and dont underestemate it and make it, the happiest New year

**** joiner of dots

I hope I'm not out of line sharing a part of our correspondence, there is more sense than not in what he has to say and for the same reasons you post your thread.

He said it would happen like this....have a look how many there are now....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The answers you need are the very ones you and the rest of the majority will never want to accept. You are caught in a cycle of control and continue to believe that more control is the only answer to control. To want want no controls is still control.

Control never will and never has been a sustainable behavior for humans. Will you lay down your guns, no, will you lay down you money, no, will you lay down the fists you clench so tight, no.

Can you accept loss, no.

The mind of modern man continues to be predominately reactive in its pursuit to gain control at any cost, even the continuance of his own species.

Can this reactive mind accept change, sadly the answer is no, it evolved to survive by rejecting change for as long as it possibly can. Examples are to numerous to include.....

The more you threaten the reactive mind of a man the more you justify it's escalation. realize this simple concept and you can change your world.....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

Yes I suppose the progress we have made, internet, communication instant all the time, rather than being a benefit to society instead is a hindrance.
By this I dont mean the fact the obvious benefits, I mean the unseen issues with it.
People now, rather than speak to friends and family, communicate through FB or twitter.
I see kids with a complete inability to interact with people, no social skills, because if they are not online on either FB, playing Xbox live or something like that - they have iPod headphones in and drown out the world.
It is creating a generation of people who just cannot effectively interact and communicate with people apart from in a virtual world.
Its a sad future we are heading for.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
FLAG THIS THREAD!

One thing that I think we need to do is spread the word.

How many ATS members do we have around the world?

Imagine if we constructed a document or dvd or powerpoint email and sent this to every one we personally know. Email, post, flyers, stickers, graffiti, whatever.

And if we do do this, we need to unite with GLP and the rest of the forums. It should be a unified, world-wide effort.

THIS

Onto the business of compiling the content of said video/powerpoint/document ...

Now would be the time to narrow down our platform. Sounds virtually impossible, I know.

But come on, ATS has some of the finest minds I've ever come across

Lets. Do. THIS.

Who's in???

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
I honestly think this is a very, very sad thing to say - but its a lost cause.

If at first you don't succeed ... redefine success

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Saving the world was never high on my list of priorities. Saving myself and my loved ones takes enough effort...

I am not one of the blind masses who think it's going the be business as usual forever. Nor am I with the idealists who want to shape events. All I want to do is dig in and get out of the way of the coming storm. Some of you who consider yourselves "awake" might want to ponder this possibility rather than signing up for the cruisade du jour...funny thing about crusades is, they always seem to end up different than how they started...meanwhile I take comfort in cycles, rhythms, seasons...as well as moments: Leaves skittering in the wind, a good book, a talk with a friend. The way sunlight slants through different windows, the names of plants. Stuff like that. That's how I construct meaning in a world falling apart. Your mileage may vary...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Saving the world was never high on my list of priorities. Saving myself and my loved ones takes enough effort...

I am not one of the blind masses who think it's going the be business as usual forever. Nor am I with the idealists who want to shape events. All I want to do is dig in and get out of the way of the coming storm. Some of you who consider yourselves "awake" might want to ponder this possibility rather than signing up for the cruisade du jour...funny thing about crusades is, they always seem to end up different than how they started...meanwhile I take comfort in cycles, rhythms, seasons...as well as moments: Leaves skittering in the wind, a good book, a talk with a friend. The way sunlight slants through different windows, the names of plants. Stuff like that. That's how I construct meaning in a world falling apart. Your mileage may vary...

That's just it though - there is NO "getting out of the way of the coming storm" unless someone stands. Even if all our efforts fail, do we really want to look back and know we did nothing?

It can be as simple as operating within one's sphere of influence and expanding from there.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

The question is.. how do we stand?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
You stand as tall as you can where you exist and where you live, and you make it your own personal crusade to be the best person today that you can be. Tomorrow is gone, all blame aside, it is important what you do today.
That will translate differently for every person alive.
Look around, be in touch with your surroundings, it is as much about personal relationships as it is about evolving your mindset and personal relationship with yourself.
Your own answers will become evident to you.
Sounds stupidly corny but it's true.
For me it is rebelling at the idea of 'work' in the usual sense, what I'm doing is donating my full time to charity in the form of a community garden for everyone, no exceptions
Positive action does bring positive change, and my attitude is unshakable.
I'm embracing truly environmentally conscious growing techniques and expanding my own knowledge in areas which I think will be important in the time to come, whether it is or not remains to be seen.
I'm trying

There will not be enough food by 1/3 by 2050...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

The days are long gone where you can easily separate the lords from the serfs. Now of days you can't say, if we kill these five men here or those hundred men there, the evil lords will be dead and we can free all the serfs.

Today the lords are invisible and we don't know who they are or where their power lies. The ideology of reaping the benefits of greed and corruption are so pervasive that even if every member of congress died instantly there would be millions of people fighting to replace them to become the unjust system's new benefactors.

The people who make up the system are the system. Therein lies the problem.

The only thing that will save the world is if people make a conscious effort to be better human beings and accept a different value system.

It's idealistic and don't think this will actually happen, but it is probably the only solution to prevent the world from reaching a point of no return.

The only hope for the few is to try set up a community of likeminded invididuals, like the Amish, Quakers, America's founding fathers, etc. Except this time, there should be a closed door policy where people are not invited in easily and can easily be kicked out if they don't share the same values.

edit on 29-12-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

Coming from an American's perspective, we don't need to save the world. Our attempts thus far have been an abysmal failure. American imperialism has destroyed any semblance of a health society at home and abroad.

We have grown so used to helping (if you can call it "help") others that we have forgotten to take a plate of food for ourselves.

American children are starving. American adults are out of work. American small business-owners are stepped on. American resources are given away to other nations. American soldiers are dying for someone else's greed.

America needs to turn its view inward and save America and its citizens. We'll help others in true need, but only if there is a return on investment. Africa is starving? How long have they been starving now? How much money have we thrown at them? Let's take that money and feed our own starving.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Good thread, AAC.
How do we get any message out there?

On several topics,I have posted comments to articles,got on facebook to my friends and to media sites.
Visited their blogs with comments.
I have been ignored and banned.
To no avail.
We are the ones who know what is really going on in the world,but to the rest of the populous,we are the nutcases .

So that brings me to the conclusion that if and when the shtf,we,here on ATS,are one up on the rest of them and will reign supreme!

Got my tin foil crown waiting to be anointed.

edit on 29-12-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join