It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment rises, thieves and policy breakers work on...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
A while back there was a big stink here in Seattle about a Parks and recreation worker who used an agency credit card to buy video games and controllers for some youth center or centers.

He had purchased some for himself and later stole an X-BOX or such from the center he worked at and later when questioned said it was in the safe at the center. Then he tried to get a fellow employee to cover for him as he attempted to take the machine back and get it in the safe before his lie was exposed.\

What happened to him? Demotion...

Stole like $800 in merchandise from work (the State) and got no charges pressed and did not get fired.

Stolen Equipment link

Now, whether a Government employee or private employee, I guess the rule is , take disiplinary action, but not get fired. Not get arrested or charges filed either.

I just thought about this when I saw
THIS

A FED EX employee throwing a customers package over a fence. I guess it was a computer monitor...

What is worse is the response from FED EX found HERE

The FED EX rep insists this is completely against their policy and goal to nake FED EX experience the most pleasurable or wonderful experience known to man (Paraphrasing)

Yet, answering those who wonder what happened to the employee, he states that disiplinary actions are applied such as - the employee is no longer working with customers.

Why aren't these blatant acts of non-policy drstructive behavior and crimes greeted with a termination paper rather than a slap on the wrist? What is not criminal about the first perp stealing from his job? Why are these two still working when there are sooo many unemployed just looking for a fair shake?

This indeed is madness.....
Personally, I think the Park dept worker's boss should be fired as well and the state should press charges for theft and to his boss for aiding and abedding.

The latter should at least be fired and given a poor grade if contacted by another potential employer.
This would allow weeding out the rats and give the unemployed job oppertunities that are well deserved under the circumstances.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

My husband got fired from jobs for less than that. UGH. I do believe the drivers are contractors, and the trucks I think are leased or something. But still, this is uncalled for.

Appropriate song with the employee throwing the merchandise over the fence though.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If the driver would have gotten fired over that, I couldn't imagine all the people that could get fired that work inside the facilities. They'd never have a working crew.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
reply to post by imd12c4funn

My husband got fired from jobs for less than that. UGH. I do believe the drivers are contractors, and the trucks I think are leased or something. But still, this is uncalled for.

Appropriate song with the employee throwing the merchandise over the fence though.

The depth of Thurl Ravenscroft's Mr. Grinch is, in many ways, similar to the imperial March and Darth Vader?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
If the driver would have gotten fired over that, I couldn't imagine all the people that could get fired that work inside the facilities. They'd never have a working crew.

Let's not get FED EX confused with UPS now...

new topics

top topics

join