It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who was the smartest human of all time?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I would have to assume that the guy "way back when" did not invent Fire...he just discovered it...some lighting strike most likely. You don't have to be smart to just wander upon something.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Nikoli Tesla hands down.

The world hasn't seen another bright man like him since.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
A question for the Nikola Tesla faction: if Tesla was so smart, why did he let Thomas Edison rook him out of all his patents?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think a case can be made for multiple people within their specific genre. You can argue within the arts on specific painters like Rembrandt, Picasso..etc, but you could never put Einstein, Tesla, Newton, in with them. Nor could I put any writer with either of them..take Hemingway, Graham Greene..whoever.
Heck, you could argue a society as the Egyptians were the smartest on how they utilized their technology available at the time or as yet to be discovered.

It is like football, comparing an RB against a QB or LB, not really possible, but each category can be ranked on their on merits.
edit on 12/27/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Some ppl arent here for the money... Edison was cunning. Tesla was a genius.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i haven't actually counted, but i'd have to say that tesla is winning by the number of votes at this point.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Originally posted by randomname
the smartest human ever would be Jesus. He had to speak in dumbed down parables for us to understand. and even then, 2000 years later we still don't get it.

i like it, but can you prove he actually existed?

Josephus the Roman-Jewish non-Christian historian describes Jesus, as he saw him first hand.

en.wikipedia.org...

The fact that the world was so amazingly impacted by Jesus is proof enough that he existed, such a statement could be made about every other individual who impacted humanity so greatly, Buddha, Peter, Moses, did those people never exist because all of their personal items have disintegrated with time? I think not. Classic case of 'pics or it didn't happen'.

I would agree and say Jesus is by far the most intelligent human of all time, although he was only half-human which would account for this.
edit on 27-12-2011 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
reply to post by thegrayone

good points. i always figured fire was 'discovered' by accident.
guy dropped a piece of flint which sparked and caught on fire.
maybe, 'the guy who learned how to control fire' would be a better explanation.

edit on 27-12-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

they probally found fire after lightning stuck somewhere and learned to carry it around like in "Quest for Fire" a 70's movie that chronicles how caveman life was changing due to fire.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
what was the guys name who developed advanced algebra and many math sciences only from a childrens math book? the name escapes me but I belive he lived in a cave and didnt know how to read but somehow managed to contribute greatly to the field of math. That guy was pretty smart lol. anyone know this story or his name?
edit on 27-12-2011 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

interesting link, thanx for that.
i do remember reading about that years ago but it completely slipped my mind.

jesus and newton might be catching up to tesla.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

heh, i remember that movie.
i'll have to rent it just to watch it again. been ages.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
what was the guys name who developed advanced algebra and many math sciences only from a childrens math book? the name escapes me but I belive he lived in a cave and didnt know how to read but somehow managed to contribute greatly to the field of math. That guy was pretty smart lol. anyone know this story or his name?

That is Srinivasa Ramanujan.

Wiki: Srinivasa Ramanujan

David Grouchy

Ramanujan first encountered formal mathematics at age 10. He demonstrated a natural ability, and was given books on advanced trigonometry written by S. L. Loney.[2] He mastered them by age 12, and even discovered theorems of his own, including independently re-discovering Euler's identity. He demonstrated unusual mathematical skills at school, winning accolades and awards. By 17, Ramanujan conducted his own mathematical research on Bernoulli numbers and the Euler–Mascheroni constant.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by Thurisaz

LMAO!! Did I offend you in some way? I seriously doubt I am anywhere near "the smartest human of all time". I'm not a dumbarse, but do have some brains.

LOL it is just the link to the member centre. Anyone who clicks the link will be taken to their own profile.

I think that is important. I think it is impossible to single out one person and say, 'this person was/is the smartest person in the world'...

There are just too many people who contribute to the world in so many different areas...

The discovery of Penicillan by Alexander Flemming; the invention of the Printing Press by Johannes Gutenberg;
the improvement of the mechanical sheers by David Uniapon etc etc

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
the question is flawed OP. there are many different types of "smart" that are all on a equal level.
what Albert Einstein did for many, is not what Alexander Graham Bell did for others and likewise, both have intelligences that cannot be compared. Henry Ford and The Wright Brothers another example.
you cannot point to one and say he is smarter, because in the long run, both acheived the same level of "smart".

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

How about the Child Prodigy to End All Child Prodigies, the Young Wolfgang Amade[us] Mozart, who wrote his 1st Sinfonia at the tender Age of 8 in London, and his first full scale Opera (in Latin) at age 11 ("Apollo et Hyacinthus")?

Here is a LINK to the actual Text of Dr Daines Barrington of London who put the 8 year old German Genius through a barrage of Musical Tests in 1764 recorded in a Scientific Paper entitled : "An Account of a Very Remarkable Young Musician. In a Letter from the Honourable Daines Barrington, F. R. S. to Mathew Maty, M. D. Sec. R. S", later printed in 1770...

www.jstor.org...

At the age of 14 in Rome in 1770, the young Mozart was able to write down ALL THE NOTES to the complicated motet (in 9-parts!) in g-minor later known as Allegri's Miserere after ONE hearing -- an A Capella work forbidden in those days to be copied by anyone but the Papal Choir.

Young Mozart went back the next day and had to make only TWO corrections !!!

How many ADULT composers living or dead can do THAT - let alone at the age of 14 !!!!

So Wolfgang Amade[us] Mozart gets my Vote - his 'musical IQ' must have been somewhere around 190 if we tried to measure it to-day...and like Joseph Haydn said once - a genius of that callibre only comes around once in 500 years !!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

mozart is a really good one, even crossed my mind while o.p.ing.
love music, but is it actually beneficial to mankind?
many concepts went through my head on how to present this question.
smartest does lead directly to the highest i.q.
yet, there are other ways to look at it.
one vote for mozart.

child prodigies are fascinating.
not nessessarily a high i.q. but what they do latch on to they undoudedly blow away the average human.
i'm pretty sure it was something i read about him where he actually sucked at any book learning/ schooling, and was basically a very strange kid, but when he sat down at the piano it was almost like a deep religious experience.
somebody tell me if i'm thinking of another.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This question is impossible to answer because there is no actual unit for measuring intelligence. How do we define intelligence?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Must be the Neanderthal Girl that said:

You can breed me, IF you feed me..

Still works today, doesn’t it?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
First you have to ask a smart one like me so........homer? nah wait.....batman? nah i think he is dead......................................i want my cookie! and i like puppies

Ithink it was Nikola Tesla

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
No question on this one....

PHAGE!

Yup, question answered.

I don't know about smartest alive, but he is one of the most intelligent on this site, no question there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join