It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's legislative successes (or rather lack of successes)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

darn, you seem to always conveniently leave out his battle against the federal reserve.

One man against the entire banking cartel, now has public opinion behind him and he isn't even president yet.

nah..not successful at all...in fact...let's just forget about it since its such a a failure.

Outkast...you make me laugh out loud.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Just like Ron Paul...he has FAILED to do anything. He can vote "no" all he wants...but unless he has the leadership skills to convince others that his way of thinking is valid and that they should vote no as well...then he has FAILED.

Sorry but the only way to convince these traitors is with money and Ron Paul isn't a billionaire.

And as president, he doesn't need congress to do anything to get things done constitutionally, even if it's not much.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

I do have that authority, because they have not challenged unconstitutional legislation.

The Patriot Act, TSA, and NDAA are unconstitutional. They haven't challenged it. They are incompetent. There is no debate here, those things are simply unconstitutional, and IDGTS if they say so or not.
edit on 27-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

No, those are not unconstitutional until the SCOTUS says they are.

You can hold the personal opinion that they are unconstitutional...but that does not make it so.

Is it so hard to believe that there are some people out there that honestly have a different opinion than you do??? Or are you the end all be all on the constitutionality of everything???

That seems like a large ego you have if that is truly what you think.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

You don't need a constitution or some fools in a black robe sitting in a wooden box to tell you that phone tapping and secret surveillance violates privacy.

LOL. You're just arguing air now, Outkast.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

No, those are not unconstitutional until the SCOTUS says they are.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY SCOTUS!

Is it so hard to believe that there are some people out there that honestly have a different opinion than you do??? Or are you the end all be all on the constitutionality of everything???
OK, tell me then, is the Patriot Act not unconstitutional? What about the TSA or the NDAA? Those are not unconstitutional? Or do you obstain from this discussion, because you are not 9 Supreme Court justices, and your opinion doesn't exist because they haven't given it to you?

You are funny!

link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by MrWendal

If you think Ron Paul has good leadership skills...please prove it...show me anywhere he has led and been successful.

How about a national revolution numbering in the millions? that IS why its called the Ron Paul Revolution...right?

How about 12 victories in congressional campaigns?

Those don't demonstrate leadership.

If that is all it takes to show leadership...you have just admitted that every congressmen and presidential candidate has great leadership skills.

So you have put Ron Paul on the same level as all other candidates...except they have ADDITIONAL accomplishments that Ron Paul doesn't have...so where does that leave Ron Paul???

Yes, that leaves him behind all the other candidates when it comes to leadership.

Unless you have other examples of his great leadership skills...you have just proven that he is less of a leader than all other candidates.

link   

reply to post by e11888

Wars end. Prohibition ends. Largest prison population in the world ends. Borders are secured. Obama care ends. NDAA ends. Patriot act ends. Budget is cut by 1 trillion the first year.

And he is going to do all this outside of congress???

He can't repeal bills on his own...and he can't pass budgets on his own.

I don't think you fully understand the powers the President has.

No you're right but the people can. And with Dr. Paul on the presidential stage, its a tad bit impossible for that message not to be heard. You cant shut up the president can you? If President Paul wants to talk to America, the people are going to hear him. The president does have the power to end wars which just in itself is enough to vote for the man for 4 years. If thats all he did was end these wars its a vote in the right direction. Id vote for Dr. Paul to play golf for 4 years if he only would end these useless wars. But thats also not to say that there arent good people in Washington and Im sure Paul knows who these people are. Things would get done and they would get done extremely quick. Besides, who is the alternative? Who else is going to stop the war? Unless of course you enjoy our country playing police officer while being hated by almost every other nation on the face of this earth?
edit on 27-12-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

You're never going to get him to admit NDAA and Patriot Act is unconstitutional because Obama supported them. He not only supported them, he failed to veto them like he promised (PA) and warned (NDAA) he would.

He cannot outright state that Obama violated the Constitution because that would be detrimental in his agenda here on ATS.

& thats da troof!
edit on 27-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Patriot act passed. It spies on Americans. NDAA passed it. It lets the Government lock up Americans without trial. Endless spending and war that cripple our country, ignoring obvious sexual assault and loss of freedom through the TSA, forcing people to purchase a product through Obama care, etc. etc. etc. passes on a daily basis.

Voting for the above is not only unconstitutional but borderline treason. That is not based on an opinion but the very document that protect our rights to have an opinion

Yes, it is based on opinion.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to believe...everything involving the Constitution and if something is unconstitutional or not is OPINION.

Even the SCOTUS ruling is OPINION...but we trust in them to be impartial and base that OPINION on the Constitution.and the Constitution alone.

Or do you honestly believe that you are so superior to everyone else that your opinion (and those that agree with you) are the only ones that are correct in their thinking???

Someone can't have a different opinion than you do...no....they are just WRONG...because you are obviously right without question.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Ahhhhh of course. Obama supported the Patriot Act, and was the one who pushed to ensure that Americans are included in the NDAA provisions of indefinite detention without a trial. How could I forget? The Supreme Court is a pretty nice cop-out when they don't call out the legislation supported by the banker-puppet Obama.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The SCOTUS rulings will evolve with time and evolve along with society.

That is how it is set up, that is how it is granted in the Constitution.

Do I agree with all rulings the SCOTUS has ever made...no I don't. But do I pretend that I can ignore those rulings just because I disagree with them...no I don't.

There is nothing that says you can't try to get rulings overturned or pass legislation that challenges a previous ruling...but you can't just declare what you think is constitutional or not and claim that is fact.

Sorry...it doesn't work like that.

link   

reply to post by e11888

Patriot act passed. It spies on Americans. NDAA passed it. It lets the Government lock up Americans without trial. Endless spending and war that cripple our country, ignoring obvious sexual assault and loss of freedom through the TSA, forcing people to purchase a product through Obama care, etc. etc. etc. passes on a daily basis.

Voting for the above is not only unconstitutional but borderline treason. That is not based on an opinion but the very document that protect our rights to have an opinion

Yes, it is based on opinion.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to believe...everything involving the Constitution and if something is unconstitutional or not is OPINION.

Even the SCOTUS ruling is OPINION...but we trust in them to be impartial and base that OPINION on the Constitution.and the Constitution alone.

Or do you honestly believe that you are so superior to everyone else that your opinion (and those that agree with you) are the only ones that are correct in their thinking???

Someone can't have a different opinion than you do...no....they are just WRONG...because you are obviously right without question.

You're right. It is also of my opinion that the sky is blue. That may be obvious to some, but until the weather man tells us that the sky is blue its not really blue. Up is down, black is white, war is peace. We've always been at war with East Asia. We've never been at war with East Asia.

link   

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

thats right.

boom!

I love how this thread was meant to make Ron Paul look bad (again) but we're just reading Outkast like a book. This SCOTUS/CONSTITUTION/OBAMA thing is freaking hilarious.
edit on 27-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

Well to be honest, talking to Obamanoids is much easier than talking to hardcore republicans that are, for the most part, brainwashed fox news viewers. Atleast Obamanoids listen to reason... until we talk about their savior Obama Christ.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

darn, you seem to always conveniently leave out his battle against the federal reserve.

One man against the entire banking cartel, now has public opinion behind him and he isn't even president yet.

nah..not successful at all...in fact...let's just forget about it since its such a a failure.

Outkast...you make me laugh out loud.

I see that you didn't try to show any leadership skills he has...I guess that means you don't have any real examples.

You keep talking about his "battle" against the federal reserve...last time I checked...it is still operating. You are just pointing out another failure of Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yes, he needs congress to do just about anything significant.

He can't "cut the budgeet" if congress doesn't send him what he wants...the best he can do is not pass a budget at all. Which will just shut down the government and kill our nation.

Of course...congress can get around his veto if things would get that bad...and Ron Paul will look like a traitor for not passing the congress approved budget.

He can use executive orders...the same ones he criticizes other presidents using.

Ron Paul is one big contradiction...and apparently his supporters are just as contradictory. This thread demonstrates that...apparently his failure to do anything in congress is a success in his supporters eyes.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

You don't need a constitution or some fools in a black robe sitting in a wooden box to tell you that phone tapping and secret surveillance violates privacy.

LOL. You're just arguing air now, Outkast.

Do you follow the Constitution or not???

Because it sounds like you want more of a dictatorship than a Republic...let's just let Ron Paul decide what is right or wrong for us....right???

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Since when was passing shady bills through congress a sign of great proven leadership?

They're not leading anything, they're fulfilling the motives of our elites and government through financial incentive.

If anything, Ron Paul is one of the only congressional members with the balls to say NO to special interests.

Jeez this whole thing is just backfiring on you.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

OK, tell me then, is the Patriot Act not unconstitutional? What about the TSA or the NDAA?

They are current law and thus they are currently Constitutional.

Until the SCOTUS rules otherwise...they are Constitutional and are the law of the land.

I have my own personal opinions on if they should be ruled unconstitutional or not...if you want to hear those...start another thread

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

No you're right but the people can.

Ummm...no...the people can't directly repeal bills either.

They can elect congressmen that would repeal bills...but you don't need Ron Paul for that. And since people haven't done that...I guess "the people" don't want these repealed.

As far as the wars that are going on...I am currently more concerned about domestic issues and economic policy than I am with foreign policy. I wouldn't vote for someone soley on ending a war...I don't base my vote on one single issue.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join