It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think I'm going to take a little Break From ATS Until After The Election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I don't know about anyone else and I'm sure I will probably be flamed for this but I'm getting somewhat irritated at the amount of Ron Paul threads going on around here..one, two or possible three a day would suffice..instead I see about 25 or more threads a day on Ron Paul.

To tell the truth I'm starting to really dislike the guy because of all posters repeating themselves endlessly on this topic..and I don't want to feel that way, he deserves a fair chance and all the infighting around here is making me dizzy.

I admit I only have average intelligence, not super smart or anything like that..but damn..give it rest..please know I am smart enough to do my own research on the guy..to you Ron Paul supporters..beware..those of us still on the fence and looking for the best candidate are reading your comments and how you present yourself..some people actually scare me with number of posts about Ron Paul and how they come across..almost militant...and sometimes down right hateful to those who don't agree with your position.

Being around here to much is like "tainting the jury pool" or something...will Ron Paul get a fair trial? over exposed to the point of I just don't wanna hear about this guy anymore...are some of these people on the Ron Paul payroll??
come on..

That's all..I may check in from time to time...but for now..I gotta go..I feel like I'm stuck in a never ending television commercial for RON PAUL

Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
But you can't stop reading the post about him. Maybe you have the problem because apperently you read EVERY article and can't pass on them when you see one! Lol. Cold turkey is the best way to go. You're going to be that smoker that says they quit but whe no one is looking, u will sneak in as a guest and read more posts about RP, I can see it now.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
awww, don't leave us coco.
it's probably a paid shill.

I'm sick of it too, if the title is political I just don't look in there. it'll be a long 11 months. I'm in the frame of mind to not vote this year anyway, that way I won't feel guilty for any elected officials actions...
you can do it, just don't look

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Coco,

I am a Ron Paul supporter as-well-as was a Ross Perot supporter back in the day. What I support is common sense in office as well as integrity. I also think there are a completely disproportionate amount of posts about Dr. Paul. It may be annoying to many however, I hope you can understand the frustration of many people here; mostly, after finding out the outright fraud and impartiality of the MSM, turn to places such as ATS for a bit of solace that we are not the ones that are crazy (most of us anyway...).

Because the MSM have stacked the deck so unfairly to candidates like Dr. Paul, you get an equal and opposite reaction from people that frequent these type of media outlets; or as Dr. Paul would put it "it's blowback". I am fairly sure that if the MSM had not tried so blatantly to deride the potential candidacy of Dr. Paul, you would not see this here and I feel that your anger over what you are repeatedly seeing is better directed at the source of the problem rather than the result.

Just offering my humble opinion.

Notmyrealname

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Haha yeah..I don't want to look..most of the time I don't..I just see the headline stuck on the screen like it's frozen in time..thanks for the reply Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Although I like Mr. Paul.....I agree with you....lately I have been thinking.....this isn't ATS anymore....its the Ron Paul website!

I admit it I am an ATS junkie....I have got to have my daily dose....however what I am thinking of doing...is to take a break from reading in the political forums. I think I may just ignore them for a while.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MNnativeamer

problem is most of these threads about ronny are redundant... don't ATS encourage using the search button to see if it has been already posted ? if ron paul's thread wouldn't be so redundant, I don't think there would be so much people (including me) not wanting to hear about him anymore.... we're just tired of reading the same threads topics over and over and over...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
You know what always bothers me.... all the threads "complaining" (for lack of a better word) about all the threads supporting Ron Paul. It is a little bit ironic to start a thread about Ron Paul because you are tired of seeing threads about Ron Paul. Of course, I have to agree to the fact that RPThreads (I just coined that) have been so abundant lately.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by notmyrealname

I'm not angry at anyone friend..am I disappointed at our current state of affairs in America? of course I am..but let's not get it twisted everyone around ATS knows who Ron Paul is now..if they don't they can't read.

I don't know perhaps hold it down to dull roar on the amount of posts on Ron Paul?? just my humble opinion Thanks for the reply Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if you take a break until the election, there will be millions of threads afterwards about how the new "savior" didn't stick to his promises either...unless RON PAUL GETS ELECTED!!!! RON PAUL 2012!!

edit on 26-12-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
See you tomorrow as usual!

In all seriousness, just ignore the threads you aren't interested. It shouldn't matter to you if there is one, ten, one hundred, or one thousand Ron Paul threads...all you have to do is not click.

Sometimes when the main board goes through one of its periodic convulsions/obsessions I hang out here on the Offtopic board until it all blows over...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Of course, I have to agree to the fact that RPThreads (I just coined that) have been so abundant lately.

I'm complaining about the supporters and the detractors..abundant is an understatement..Thanks for the reply Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Although I like Mr. Paul.....I agree with you....lately I have been thinking.....this isn't ATS anymore....its the Ron Paul website!

I like Dr. Paul as well...or I did..and I agree with everything you said..it's right on..Thanks for the reply Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Why make a thread about it, why not just take a break without announcing it?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

Right right../agree..one wishes that people would use the search button..but alas..nope just another thread about Ron Paul..Thanks for the reply

Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Because this is my ATS too..and I also have an opinion..that's why

Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

See you tomorrow as usual!

seriously though..it's a bit much..thanks for the reply
Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
reply to post by notmyrealname

I'm not angry at anyone friend..am I disappointed at our current state of affairs in America? of course I am..but let's not get it twisted everyone around ATS knows who Ron Paul is now..if they don't they can't read.

I don't know perhaps hold it down to dull roar on the amount of posts on Ron Paul?? just my humble opinion Thanks for the reply Cheers Coco

I see, if only all of ATS would start to act just the way you want, then you will stay and if the members of ATS continue to discuss issues that they feel are important, then you are threatening to leave.

All I can say to that is GOODBYE.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

It doesn't matter if you take a break until the election, there will be millions of threads afterwards about how the new "savior" didn't stick to his promises either...unless RON PAUL GETS ELECTED!!!! RON PAUL 2012!!

But what happens if your "savior" Ron Paul doesn't save you? what if he is whipped into shape and made to conform just like the predecessors??

You can't really believe that TPTB will let him be a rogue president do you??

Let me stop..thanks for the reply Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

I see, if only all of ATS would start to act just the way you want, then you will stay and if the members of ATS continue to discuss issues that they feel are important, then you are threatening to leave.

Do we need 25+ posts per day on the topic of Ron Paul? how about posting your thoughts, arguments and opinions in one or two thread per day??

Cheers Coco

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join