It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old news , well what is hanging from the studio tree.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

edit on 26-12-2011 by Droidinvoid because: (no reason given)

This clip comes from the DVD version of the Wizard of Oz from 2001 where you can plainly see a bird like a stork or ostrich in the background of the set. It has been alleged that this version has been digitally remastered to remove the suicide in the background.

www.youtube.com...

This clip is a direct capture from a 1980's VHS tape of the Wizard of Oz bought as part of a video lot from a collector. Unlike the alleged digitally altered DVD version (also screening on this channel) the sequence where Dorothy and the others enter the forest can be seen in its unedited version.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-12-2011 by Droidinvoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
its not a real forest and im not sure how large they made this set. if it is a 'studio tree' than there is no way someone is hanging from it, studio props are made of lightweight materials in order to be moved around easily. dont get me wrong it definately looks like someone is hanging there...however i just dont see how.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This might seem like old news, but why the edit from the original hanging / swinging thing..... ..to what looks like an ostritch in the updated DVD version. I can fully accept the fact that it is not a hanging munchkin swinging , BUT what is it , the fact that none of the crew on the film have spoken , regarding this strange hanging figure .
I understand most if not all of the crew are now long gone , but seems mighty strange nothing surfaced regarding a prank , joke etc during filming.
They say the shot of the three of them starting the journey , was shot early into filming , hence a dead munchkin cast member would have made news on the set amongst cast and crew.

If anyone can 100% say that the object was added via technology , and prove it , I have no problem with that.
The more times I have watched it , the more creepy the whole thing looks , the part where the scarecrow stumbles
as they reach the turn , they can clearly see the thing swinging in the trees.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
this video debunks it pretty convincingly:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Sick Hoax. The hanging figure has been digitally added.

The story origionated from the 80s where the bird was noticed in low quality VHS and TV broadcasts and was misidentified as someone hanging themsleves, despite it looking nothing like this the story persisted mainly due to a period where the movie was temporarlily discontinued on VHS and it was hard to find a copy of plus confusion about where in the film the 'anomaly' appears. A lot of people passed the story on not even having seen it for themselves (it's clearly a bird to anyone with eyes who bothered to look.) assumption of it being true fuelled by the highly outrageous and purely coincidental Pink Floyd DSOTM sync connection carry-on. Next to that the suicide myth seemed much more plausible. So in parked cars all over the globe for years, stoned people spoke about this with wonder and interest. It had everything, death, cover-ups, Pan-dimensional synchronicity, time travel, and of course..Pink Floyd. The suicide causing the rift in time-space that caused the movle to be based on the album made 40 years later without either groups of artists being aware of it happening. Wow. That's some potent Jumbelaya.

Cut to present day and here is a mind that felt the need to actually insert a digital effect showing a suicide to give the myth creedence and seems to have the goal of genuinely freaking the hell out of anyone who sees it and believes it is what it is pretending to be, i.e. a representation of the origional un-tampered with cut of the movie from the 1930's

not only is this a very inept attempt at a hoax it is a very sick and disturbing thing to do a much loved classic movie and I seriously think this might really upset some people especially some elderly who dont understand or know about things like CGI and hoaxers operating purely for fun and attention.

I've nothing against people manipulating movie footage to add stuff for any reason. Doing it deceptively and trying to pass off fake as real is where it gets iffy and becomes almost vandalism and defamation of someone elses art.

If you arent the one who made the work in the first place to purposely alter something and try and pass it off as origional is forgery. This seems to have been done for no good reason.

Incidentally the bird is an African Crane and was one a few birds borrowed from a zoo that were meant for background shots. A few birds escaped and were loose in the studio at one point. Rather than hold up filming they just left them to wander around until they could be caught and the bird in the clip was not positioned there purposely or even supposed to be in the shot.

Still cant get my head round the mentality of somebody CGI ing a misidentified anomaly to make it more like the thing it was misidentified as. Mindbending.

edit on 27-12-2011 by angus1745 because: doi

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I completely concur with those calling hoax. Even in the older versions of the video there is nothing even remotely resembling what is shown in the second link in the OP. I doubt the OP knew this was a manipulated video, as I thought it looked pretty real initially as well.

The hoaxer made it entirely too obvious. That munchkin was huge, lol. You can actually still see a bit of the bird if you watch carefully. This is just someone attempting to perpetuate the already debunked urban legend.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
...Aside from all the hoaxing talk, does anyone really believe that no one, and I mean NO ONE on the set seen him hanging back there? Was every one of them blind? Out of all the people who would have been involved in the shooting of that scene, no one had picked it up....? COME ON. I mean, I know the old theater adage "The show must go on..." but this is completely ridiculous... Some people have no idea what that organ in their head is for or how to use it....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Here are my thoughts. Please consider I had never even heard of this story even though I had watched the movie when younger.

First thought was subliminal and how macabre and dark. I never thought for a second that the suicide involved a real person. It is something that the cabal/illuminati/whatever would include in a movie. Keep in mind that all the movie houses are owned and directed by the cabal/illuminati/whatever.

So - I believe it was placed there as a subtle black, dark subliminal power trip. The cabal/illuminati/whatever do this all the time. Think with depth for a moment on a psychological level - munchkin also known as midgets and little people and in effect representing the general populous - the people who do not have authority or power or money.

The symbolism of the cabal/illuminati/whatever dancing past the little people - with no heart or empathy or bravery to defend or protect the little people and directing a lost Child toward the wizard who is going to magically make everyone wonderful!

I say people who do not look with depth are missing a valuable lesson on how subliminals are controlling how they perceive and think. Adding the bird is just a mask or a deflection - so that the people who can discern the truth - don't undo the subliminal message and in turn the plans of the cabal/illuminati/whatever.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Watch the video i posted above. It clearly shows how the tips of the birds wings are still visible in the images with the hanging body. I'm convinced the hanging body is the hoax.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jahn369

Having watched the youtube vid , I see the shape protruding out from the tree , and yes I will accept that something has been edited.
Also we have to remember cinema watchers will have watched the event on something like 30 ft x 70 ft screen.
No person would have missed the swinging figure in the trees. However as Amanda5 states without watching an authentic period cinema reel of the movie, WHO has the final say , as Amanda5 states the cabal were eager to fill screen time with illuminati icons.......so this is not done and dusted until an authentic reel is posted and verified with provernance.
Reels of the film from the period 1939 must be available , it was shown in cinema houses all over the world , that would end the myth once and for all.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hi
I made the youtube video 'clear proof the hanging munchkin video is fake'
I think people should at least see the proof before deciding to believe in something so far fetched
Thanks for your referral

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Here is a video I have made clearly showing the proof that the hanging munchkin video is fake, its undeniable once you've seen it
www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-1-2012 by Andyfighter because: wrong video

new topics

top topics

join