It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul from the Black perspective

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So the MSM is attacking Ron Paul, what's new?

Let's see what some in the ACTUAL black community think of the man.

Or you could completely ignore these people since they're obviously young, drug-induced, hippies with no intention to vote whatsoever.

edit on 26-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Im sorry but are we not past the whole RACE thing? I dont think its relevant what blacks, whites, or purple people think about the candidates, we are HUMAN BEINGS!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

This is another good video that is similiar:

Thanks for the link OP.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I gave you a star, but be careful there is no "black perspective". The Black Community is as diverse as any other ethnic community.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

No you don't have to apologize, you make a great point.

Unfortunately, it is not the world we live in, people play the race card all of the time, and as far as I'm concerned, the MSM is all in.

Fight fire with fire.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
1000+ Stars and flags for you!
Tell me these people aren't making sense - not to mention they sound like worthy members of ATS!

Ron Paul doesn't pander to the politically correct - in this day and age, that apparently makes him "racist". Leave it to the black community to make it clear his straight talk is not racism. I live and work in a black community, and people around here will tell you one thing - everyone just wants a decent job, not handouts. Bring the factories home and 90% of our nations problems will be solved. (sorry to go slightly off topic).
edit on 26-12-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
well, i'm black and i think ron paul is a pretty cool guy. eh understands business cycles and doesn’t afraid of anything.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I've seen that pointing guy before.
Interesting videos I hope they are sincere about their views.

My first thought was that this might be a trap and maybe they are not hoping for yet another old white guy to go up against Obama?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

This video makes me happy. I hate the fact that we even have to have a video called "what some black people" think. I'm tired of us being broken into little sub collectives like this. But make no mistake, there are plenty of blacks and whites who will stand together for Ron Paul.

That is called the "Greater Good" theory, and that is when things like racism or our personal beliefs go to the back of the line on our list of priorities.

What I love is seeing the THEORY and PHILOSOPHY being backed by people of all colors. In a sense that is an enlightened or sentient position right there.

Libertarians, Independents, Anarcho Caps, Constitutionalists, Etc...we will be United. It's very hard to break us. We don't want the collectivism anymore. We all want to thrive without the STATE and the CORPORATOCRACY taking ALL our rights.

Even if I disliked Black people, Asians, Hispanics, Indians....whoever (which isn't the case), I still agree that America should be United as one without INFRINGEMENT on ANY mans sovereign and Constitutional rights. You don't infringe on me, I don't infringe on you. You are free to grow and move about freely as am I. You are free from oppression no matter your skin color, as am I.

Racist? Pffft....

edit on 26-12-2011 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Also, I don't know if you guys have seen this video but this guy seriously makes me laugh! He is very passionate and funny.

Disclaimer: A bit of swearing.

edit on 26-12-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Man, those interviewed sure kick butts!
Hell yeah, time to unite to kick out the bums in government, elect Ron Paul!

And a few people made great points... like the war on drugs is really a war on the African American community... so if ``Ron Paul is racist`` why the hell would he end the war on drugs and release all people who were convicted of non-violent drug crimes? Exactly.

Not to mention, end all the wars... I don't know what are the percentages of poor people entering the military, but I bet it's very high (18% of all US troops are black, compared to 12% of the whole population)..

Everybody needs to vote for Ron Paul, especially the African American communities, since they are the main target of the war on drugs and the wars abroad... which Ron Paul will END.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I live and work in a black community, and people around here will tell you one thing - everyone just wants a decent job, not handouts.

Of course. Like any other person in the world.

We aren't different because we have different color of skin...

Now that one ``black`` president have been elected and has been proven a fraud, now people will look past the color of skin and will vote for Ron Paul...

The perfect storm!
edit on 26-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Im sorry but are we not past the whole RACE thing? I dont think its relevant what blacks, whites, or purple people think about the candidates, we are HUMAN BEINGS!!!!!!!

Hi, AllUrChips....

Oh, how I wish you were right. Unfortunately, on Facebook alone, I've seen the emergence of African-American people jumping on the Ron Paul is racist bandwagon since these newsletters have been plastered in the MSM and I'm hearing such comments from them as "'Strict Constitutionalist'....it's the updated term used by racists who are trying to hide their racism," then they go on to say how they are not buying this "facade."

It's very frustrating...indeed.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

eLPresidente, that was excellent! Thanks for such a great mosaic of opinion from the Black community. I'm really happy to see so many speaking out about how they will not believe or support the usual crap from the main stream media.

It's very heartening and encouraging to see this. People really ARE waking up!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The worst nightmare for the establishment would be for all races to unite for one cause, recognizing the fact that discrimination and prejudice--though very real and still alive at some level--have ALSO been used as an effective tool by those in power to keep us at odds so we remain separate and weaker. People of all races are slowly seeing this truth, I think.

The clock is ticking against those who have played us in this manner. We are all one.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Race does play a part in the perception of politics. That is not to say you want it to, rather, it is just a simple fact of reality. But, before someone tries to kill me here for saying that, I did post for a reason.

A manager at the store I work at is a lifelong Democrat, voted for Obama, is from New York State, is very big on the race issue, grew up in a family on welfare, and is black. Back when I was a Paulite (I still like the guy but he will not convince me to vote) he and I discussed politics at work, he would get so angry yelling and everything to the point of the customers asking what was going on. We are not supposed to discuss politics but try and stop us.

Anyway, I had convinced him to just watch a Republican debate with Ron Paul, ‘what can it hurt?’ So he actually listened to me and watched Paul in the debates. The next day at work he came in and was pretty quiet then said ‘I watched your boy in the debates last night. I hate to admit this but… he was actually quite impressive, he made a very good argument’. Of course, this is coming from a lifelong New York Democrat who you basically cannot talk to on any ordinary day.

While he said that this does not mean he will show up and vote for Ron Paul, even though he now hates Obama, at least it opened his mind to new possibilities. I would say listening to Ron Paul is a good way of waking a lot of people up to the reality of our present predicament.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
so encouraging....lots of black folks aint falling for it anymore!!!!!

they are learning all major media is SCUM and dividers

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Oh well , 3 Outta 4 Ain't Bad......................

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ironically, most of the people accusing Ron Paul of being racist are white people.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

no. we've always known that. COPS tv show ring a bell anyone?

but one thing that DID occur from the Obama fiasco, was that he managed to bring out voters who typically DIDN'T vote...slapped them in the face with a con-game and it verified what we mostly thought of the political process.

I'll admit. though I was an active voter since Clinton (that's about when i came of age to vote) i'd become jaded disillusioned with the whole process. As the "lesser of 2 evils" was always the case. How can you vote clearly? But I voted Obama on 2 reasons. One, He had the "education" that seemed to say he was a thinker. and the less glamorous fact, he happened to look somewhat like me. So it became a "ok i'll give him my vote, but I'll watch what he does" but by then, that's when the questions popped up, after I cast my vote. and that's when i began digging and.....
edit on 27-12-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join