It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama surges in latest Gallup Poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

President Barack Obama gained 5% in the latest Gallup Poll regarding his Job Approval Rating - the first time in ages that his approval is above his disapproval ratings. He is now at a 47% job approval. Can it last?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Somehow don't think this guy will be voting for him - International Alert Emergency Broadcast - 23rd Dec -

www.youtube.com...#!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
He had his people call the people running the poll. It was just a little misunderstanding. Obama's people obviously explained that the results were unreliable and a liability to Obama's agenda. That the results had to be changed for the greater good of those that don't have the intellect of a professional politician and an unhealthy belief in the US Constitution. Maybe.
edit on 26-12-2011 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The Devil is always in the Details of these polls. You can make anyone look good or bad by selecting who you call for the poll. I'm sure if you make 60% of your poll calls to Chicago you will get high numbers for Obama. Many other states would not be so kind to him.

I personally have a hard time trusting ANY polls these days. They have become a political campaign tool just like almost everything else.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This is more about the poor quality of the Republican potential candidates. The only one with some credibility Ron Paul has been rounded upon by the media this week so I'm not really suprised.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Obama and the democrats have done a great job of campaigning and the Republicans look like they have been impeding a tax cut for over 150 million Americans. I don't think they could have done a worse job unless they had failed to pass the recent tax cut extension. I understand a bit what the Republicans were trying to do but what they are trying to do and how it appears to the vast majority of Americans could be opposite extremes. After all Obama won the last election. The Republicans need to get their act together or we are all going to have big tax increases in another year or two. The pledge to not raise taxes on millionaires is a stupid pledge in my opinion when you are trying to get votes from the middle class and poor. I understand the pledge was to not raise taxes in general but the Democrats have made it appear to be a pledge to not raise taxes on the rich. Appearance is everything to the average stupid American who doesn't know about ATS and only watches the standard evening news.

I had a phone call from Mitt Romney on my answering machine tonight. I believe it was not him but a prerecorded message. The Republicans need to talk about how we need to grow our economy to get out of our serious debt issues as a country and how they will promote growth while Obama is impeding it. Obama has no business experience and is impeding growth. Well I believe he does have experience. He knows how to slow things down or put people out of business. I am in favor of extending the payroll tax cut for a full year though.
edit on 26/12/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I wanna know what happened with Solyndra.... there is no thread on it, it seems.

Does anyone know why they are calling this a scandal. he didn't even spend a billion dollars on something people NEED when NASA gets BILLIONS.

a solar panel company...

we need solar panels but that only benefits us, the environment and everybody else that is too stupid to see that we need to to stop burning oil... so what is the story on that?

Is it his fault the company went bankrupt and people lost jobs because nobody can afford solar panels except those who don't feel the need to bother with it?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Maybe he's taking credit for the death Kim Jong Dead?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
This is more about the poor quality of the Republican potential candidates. The only one with some credibility Ron Paul has been rounded upon by the media this week so I'm not really suprised.

Probably right. The quality of the republicans clowns (excluding Paul) are so bad that if Moe, Larry, and Curly from the '3 Stooges' were in office, their approval rating would be through the roof.

What a pathetic clown show these republicans are. Worst clowns EVER.

What idiot would possibly vote for any of these republicans besides Paul? Seriously!!

edit on 26-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Well, I don't know I the MSM talking about Ron Paul winning Iowa and perhaps New Hampshire. That's a win for republicans, I still doubt he can win the nomination, or do any real change as the people want. hint hint just like Obama. Obama's approval numbers are going up probably because of the Iraq war pull out (which is ridiculous) and the fact that nothing bad is happening right now. Everything is on a temporary back burner which is why we need a real leader in 2012 to get all of Obama's push backs back into working order! I don't think Ron Paul is that leader. Oh and that tax cut yea $40 what a great, compromise guys!

Is it not clear to everyone that Obama is just pushing things down the road so that the Republicans can be blamed if they mess it up in 2012-2016?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

I believe the government knew the company was going bankrupt but provided funds anyway. That might be why some are calling it a scandal. Our government did not provide proper oversight to stop the mortgage housing crisis and let things run rampant with people providing false levels of income to get mortgage loans. It may be that personnel at the banks falsified the income levels with approval from superiors knowing the loans would be grouped and sold to others via Wall Street. Following the existing pattern of corruption in our government and lack of oversight, our government will probably sweep this issue under the rug as well. You would think if the rule of law prevailed, people responsible for falsifying income levels would be going to jail whether it was personnel in the banks and bank presidents or regulators or someone. It all got sweep away. Even worse they got taxpayer funds and bailouts while many of the average Joes lost their homes or investments.

edit on 26/12/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
oh crap... i did NOT do a very good search on solyndra, did I?

ok then... off to read those threads.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter

I believe the government knew the company was going bankrupt but provided funds anyway. That might be why some are calling it a scandal. Our government did not provide proper oversight to stop the mortgage housing crisis and let things run rampant with people providing false levels of income to get mortgage loans. Following the existing pattern of corruption in our government and lack of oversight, our government will probably sweep this issue under the rug as well. You would think if the rule of law prevailed, people falsifying income levels would be going to jail whether it was personnel in the banks and bank presidents or regulators or someone. It all got sweep away.

but why would you not go out of your way to save a company in the name of being 'green"

they act like they want to give money out left and right in the form of tax incentives so even if they knew the company might go bankrupt, why would not try to save it?

can they prove that owners just took that loan and folded? where is the proof that he himself knew. they would not tell him that... "oh, btw ....we are going to fold. we know this really screws things up for you now that you know that and we had no other reason to tell you other than honesty... but yeah... we're folding"

why would they let him in the know on that?

how is this HIS scandal?

looks like smear to me.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It's interesting how his poll numbers go up when he is on vacation and away from all the controls, switches and levers that run this country.

Maybe a permanent vacation would be a really good thing.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I'm not aware of all the details. I thought I heard something on the news that they knew the company was going bankrupt and the government was going to give the funds to them anyway. Of course I do not know if this is true or not so consider it hearsay that I heard on the official mainstream news. It wouldn't surprise me if our government knew and gave the money anyway. I heard about one company out in the western US spent over 4 million dollars to bury some power lines because environmentalists were complaining because 3 birds died running into the above ground power lines in the fog. An amazing amount of money is getting wasted in my opinion in the name of being green and environmental.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Obama isn't only just kicking the can down the road but he will need to be in for another term to make sure the FED is kept in place will he not? I would also say the reason his approval rating has risen is due to bringing the troops back from Iraq but no one has stated they are in Afghanistan though and the fact Iran is looking at being attacked very soon. What else is going on while all the MSM is reporting on all the crap about Ron Paul guys?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter

I'm not aware of all the details. I thought I heard something on the news that they knew the company was going bankrupt and the government was going to give the funds to them anyway. Of course I do not know if this is true or not so consider it hearsay that I heard on the official mainstream news. It wouldn't surprise me if our government knew and gave the money anyway. I heard about one company out in the western US spent over 4 million dollars to bury some power lines because environmentalists were complaining because 3 birds died running into the above ground power lines in the fog. An amazing amount of money is getting wasted in my opinion in the name of being green and environmental.

oh, I agree that somebody knew. everyone from the bottom up is back biting the system to see what they can squeeze out of it.... companies are doing it on a large scale. just recently I was living in a really crappy rental with an unlevel floor. i lived there throughout my lease and then went month to month. i did repairs in this place just to make it tolerable, like blocking the registers but tey taped over them with clear box tape and were otherwise open... but you know, rent is HIGH... and the area wasn't too bad so I took on the cosmetic repairs because and nothing said i had to do this and when i moved out, stuff that was already wrong...they charged me for it. i left a few days after the first without paying rent but had never before been late (some times you have trouble getting out on time and they can tolerate a few days for their grace period)....so of course they try to charge me for those days, plus a whole bunch of stuff that was already messed up...an amount more than the place is worth. there is a much nicer place being sold for less right down the street than the repairs they tacked on. the whole place was not even worth what they said the damage was. then i look up tax info and read that while in the possession of these companies that have the same local address because they will just switch names and sell it to one another to borrow money off the loan that is now an amount way more than the property is even worth. It says on tax records that thousands of dollars of repairs were done in previous years that upgraded the structure on the lot and improved it by like tens of thousands.... we are talking a little dumpy trailor made in 79 that they are saying, through their hired appraisor... tens of thousands of dollars that they borrowed against it. you see, they can't increase the land value so much if land value next to it isn't increasing...so they claim improvements.

THEN.... because the renter is stupid and moved into a slum, when he gets handed the papers saying someone is claiming a suit against his credit, if the rest of their credit sucks (why else would they live ina slum?) then they might just say...yeah, whatever....put it against my credit so i don't have to go to court or anything.... then they can say "ALRIGHT... TENET CLAIMS THIS DEBT IS VALID"... then sells it off to some debt collection company.

KOWITZ... biggest slumlord in town.... has MUCHO DENERO borrowed against his own company and offshoot company that he likes to switch properties around with. They also work with local asswipes like the dea to illegally go into property by basically giving them the key... so they don't have to do investigative work to ask for a warrant with confidence.... they just go in and look for it and can guarantee the judge it's there in no time... they will have that warrant in no time.

oh yeah... i totally believe people are screwing the system all the way back and these people control our very lives. they look down their noses at us like "well, you gotta do this and that and everything else' and they are nothing but damn crooks.

but my main point was.... obama didn't know.

i mean i don't know the man personally and all and don't really know what to think but why would HE know.... they would NEVER tell him because he would be like "look, no way am I jeopardizing the PRESIDENCY for you jackasses over less than a billion... no way"

common sense

that means he is kinda getting slandered, right? being made to look like a chump. traps are being set for him.

hell, it COULD have been an OIL company.... but a freaking solar panel company?

oh yeah... who needs that?

SHOWS YOU where priorities are, right? shows you what people care about.
edit on 26-12-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Kowitz, after borrowing all this money against slums will sell off the made up debts, then he will file for bankruptcy too and everybody gets screwed but he retires and HIS CRAP is paid for!

THATS how it works.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I do not believe Obama is getting blamed for a big foul up with the solar power company. Obviously if he was, his approval rating would not have improved. He's probably working on a way to make Republicans seem responsible for it though. Always put the blame somewhere else. He should be called the Teflon president.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thread on same topic :www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pleas insert my comment from page 2 of that thread HERE. (feeling too lazy to cut and paste

new topics

top topics

join